The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 10: September 2012 - December 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Catherine looked quite smart at their engagement at the Middle Temple today. Her hair looked quite nice despite it having been quite a miserable day in London today, with a lot of rain earlier.

She does have very healthy looking hair, but my comments were about the outfit. :)

Last edited:
I like the suit - its a change of style (I thought it was another coat dress at first!); really suitable autumnal colour. And I think the opaque tights appropriate as well.

Artemesia - I think that the top may have a lace trim - not a print.

7/10 from me.

I like the suit - its a change of style (I thought it was another coat dress at first!); really suitable autumnal colour. And I think the opaque tights appropriate as well.

Artemesia - I think that the top may have a lace trim - not a print.

7/10 from me.

I agree with Cepe, to me the suit has the right autumnal feel to it, its young, on trend, different, yet is not loud in any way.

She does have great-looking hair, but my comments were about the outfit. :)

I think the top is lace is well.

:previous:

Yes, having added the larger pictures later, I agree the top appears to be lace.
However, I still don't like the overall effect: lace with a suit made from such a heavy material? Not a good idea.

Of course, this is strictly my opinion. :)

I think she looms adorable. i think she is getting more confident in her selections and not playing it as safe. I think she looks very on point and the style and length of the skirt is very young and attractive. personally one of my fav colors for fall.

I like this outfit...the length of the skirt...the black tights...a warm outfit for a chilly October day.

:previous:

Yes, having added the larger pictures later, I agree the top appears to be lace.
However, I still don't like the overall effect: lace with a suit made from such a heavy material? Not a good idea.

Of course, this is strictly my opinion. :)
I have to agree, there is something amiss about this outfit for me. I don't know if it's the lace top or the tiered skirt. The color is wonderful on the Duchess though.

Last edited:
Nice outfit, but the skirt is too short!
She should have to go to the hairdresser. Her hair looks ... tragically...

i don't think it's her best outfit, in fact, it's rather boring and the skirt is of an odd length.
but it's appropriate for the autumn and i quite like the colour. i hope we don't see the black tights again though... :)

Hmmm I do not really know. Somehow it is a bit boring. The cut is great but the color is dull. A rich, vibrant blue or green would have been wonderful! And black tights are always depressing no matter the occasion. And I would love to see her hair like she wore it on the tour with the lovely black dress. Less curls and more waves so to speak. :)

I like the outfit; I think it's a great color for her.

Nothing wrong with this outfit - quite flattering and pretty IMO. Really like this outfit!!

I don't like this outfit. The color is nice but the skirt has a bad cut.

- Complete outfit 1 - Complete outfit 2 - Side view - Close up
- Hairstyle - Makeup

This has to be my least favourite of Kate's outfits ever.
I'm not particularly fond of the skirt suit, and certainly not with those tights and especially the print or lace top.

A definite miss for me.
Yes, the lace top sort of clashes with the heavy black-out effect of the black tights and shoes. The skirt on this suit seems too stiff and it's length (or lack thereof) makes the whole look unbalanced. A definite miss.

I Love Her Hair! It is a style that has been gone too long. I remember this as a teenager. Long straight hair, all one length, curled on the end. She looks Smokin'.

Additional information about Kate's outfit.

The skirt suit is by Paul Ka, a French ready to wear brand founded by Serge Cajfinger. On his Facebook page, he calls the colour "burgundy". The suit is also available in a number of other colours, including beige and grey. Underneath the jacket Kate wore a black lace or crochet top. The shoes were black Episode ‘Angle’ heels.

This is probably not the first time Kate has worn the ensemble, lace or crochet top included.
Judging by this picture, she wore it for last years pre-Christmas lunch at Buckingham Palace as well.

Credit for the information to What Kate Wore and My Small Obsessions.

I agree about the hair. Her hair is beautiful, imo.
Actually it is the current trendy style, if you look at the pictures of most of the young actresses in Hollywood.

Yes, you may.
Her hair is messy and messed up, it looks unhealthy. She should change her hairstyle - she would look more mature.

Unhealthy?
Freewheeling? - yes
Casual - yes
Tumbling - yes
Tousled - yup
Imperfect - messy - non-traditional - sure, if you think so
Not sprayed with laqueur within an inch of its life - yes

But unhealthy - No

Really dislike the whole look, can't really abide black opaque tights on grown women. The skirt is too short also, imo.
Do love the jacket, it appears soft and cosy.
Her eyemakeup seems to have lightened up.

Yet others criticize the Duchess for looking older than her years.:ermm: She has lots of years ahead of her to look mature.

Yes, you may.
Her hair is messy and messed up, it looks unhealthy. She should change her hairstyle - she would look more mature.

Perhaps nude stockings would have looked better. I don't like the ruffles or whatever that is on the skirt. Otherwise, I don't mind the look.

Love the colour. I really like the top half of the outfit. The cut of the jacket is nice.

I don't though like the skirt as the length looks odd. I also don't like the opaque tights. I hope she isn't going to become like Mette-marit and wear them all winter long.

Love the colour. I really like the top half of the outfit. The cut of the jacket is nice.

I don't though like the skirt as the length looks odd. I also don't like the opaque tights. I hope she isn't going to become like Mette-marit and wear them all winter long.
My thoughts exactly;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The skirt's too short and the shape of the skirt is wrong for her figure type. She's relatively narrow through her hips. The kicky hem would have worked if it were a few inches longer.

Her hair looks lovely today.

Yes, you may.

Her hair is certainly not unhealthy; it shines and has a great look to it. Where and what do you see what is unhealthy?

As to her looking more mature, isn't she already criticized she looks older than her age? How much more mature you want her to look?

Also, I cannot help but asking: where do you see messed up hair? It basically sits straight with the curls at the bottom, nothing sticks out.

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge during a visit to Middle Temple on October 8, 2012 in London, England.

- Complete outfit 1 - Complete outfit 2 - Side view - Close up
- Hairstyle - Makeup

This has to be my least favourite of Kate's outfits ever.
I'm not particularly fond of the skirt suit, and certainly not with those tights and especially the print or lace top.

A definite miss for me.

I like the outfit. I think skirt suits are nice and elegant. The color is very nice. I think the lace top works with the outfit. The only thing I don't like is the black stockings. Overall, she looks lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom