The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 10: September 2012 - December 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of those princesses' entire clothing budget is 30,000 a year so (even with Dior or Prada) I don't know which is getting better bang for their buck. My point was that all of these ladies spend what the need to do their jobs well. I wasn't making it a contest.

There is no way the others princesses has 30,000 budget for their outfits. It has to be way more than that, like add another zero to that figure. Unless they are getting freebies and loans like celebs do from designers their clothes budget is not 30,000. The only princess I would say has a budget around that figure is Letizia

We know several of these princesses own Birkin and Hermes bags, for example, that can cost upwards of $60,000 alone. Given the regularity with which they're seen carrying round the latest Prada, Louis Vuitton etc. handbags, I'd guess that several of the crown princesses get through $30,000 a year on handbags and shoes alone.

We know several of these princesses own Birkin and Hermes bags, for example, that can cost upwards of $60,000 alone. Given the regularity with which they're seen carrying round the latest Prada, Louis Vuitton etc. handbags, I'd guess that several of the crown princesses get through $30,000 a year on handbags and shoes alone.

perhaps the other countries are more open to accepting freebies....flying the flag of the local designers. I dont know - just a thought.

Back on topic please - Catherine's daytime fashion.

I like this dress, I know many people don't, but I really like it.

I like it as well. Speaking as a guy, I like the Duchess' style and the clothes she wears. A welcomed and refreshing contrast from the ubiquitous bandage dress that is worn by so many z-listers.

I've always hated the dress, it looks like something Camilla could pull off better. Catherine's never worn a hair accessory/hat that's made her look good in my book.

She looks happy though, and the dress fits her very well.

I like it as well. Speaking as a guy, I like the Duchess' style and the clothes she wears. A welcomed and refreshing contrast from the ubiquitous bandage dress that is worn by so many z-listers.

I agree wholeheartedly. IMO, I believe Catherine is in a somewhat difficult position as far as choosing her wardrobe. She's young yet she has certain rules and regulations to follow. So far, I've liked most everything she's worn. She's finding her way and doing a good job of it, IMO.

I agree with Bensgal.
For the most part, Kate chooses her clothing carefully and well. I've never seen her look downright horrible (which can't be said for most of the other royal ladies).

As for cost, I feel she does very well, ofter wearing things repeatedly. I really don't see how she could spend much less than she does.
(Of course, designers would love to give her their best models for free, but that would turn her into a walking advertisement, so it's probably wise for her to insist on paying).

Catherine's never worn a hair accessory/hat that's made her look good in my book.
I'm in almost total agreement with this when it comes to hats. But she isn't the only young British Royal who this could be said about. In this particular example, the hairstyle is also totally unsuited to the hat IMO.

It's a great dress for a wedding no one would notice it and would not upstage the bride I like those hats.

dazzling said:
September 2012 - Kate attending a wedding in a recycled Erdem dress.

Side view ** Close up

Glad to see a full view of the dress. Catherine looks delightful, and I love the hair and hat too.

I think she looks very nice. But I remember her at William's Order of the Garter ceremony and I still think the style of the hat at that day was one of the best we have ever seen on her. If only she would wear such a hat again, she looked terrific.

Isn't this one of the tea cozy hats? I usually don't like them, but this one looks really nice and I think this time the slant to the side actually works.
To the English, what is the weather like? The dress Kate is wearing looks so hot, but I think that's only because it is 80 degrees where I am.

I would have loved the dress if the details on the dress were not there. It would have looked better to me. Otherwise, I love the color and fit of the dress. Hairstyle looks good.

When W&K were on tour and visited the mosque, I kept thinking, why does that Beulah dress look so familiar? Now I know:

http://www.newmyroyals.com/search/label/BEULAH%20LONDON

http://www.helloonline.com/brides/gallery/201110136329/nancy-shevell-looks-fabulous-over-fifty/8/

Proofs that her dress is way too old-fashioned and not appropriate for a 30 year old woman. I'm sure she didnt wanted to wear something too tight to visit a mosque but the dress seems just way to big on her. But I like the color of the dress which suits her.

The dress looks amazing, as usual. HRH never puts a foot wrong!

Nahla10 said:
Proofs that her dress is way too old-fashioned and not appropriate for a 30 year old woman. I'm sure she didnt wanted to wear something too tight to visit a mosque but the dress seems just way to big on her. But I like the color of the dress which suits her.

I think given the setting, it is quite appropriate, and not old fashioned. I think the style of the dress is meant to fit that way, thus giving off the appearance of being too big. Yes, not my favorite look, yet the colour is pretty on her and given that she's in a mosque it's rather nice.

imo it fits the occasion and honestly i have seen a lot of clothing worn by 30 somethings..imo its scary
to me its refreshing to fine someone who has a classic look about herself or nahla10 would u rather her wear nothing but trendy stuff

:previous: I too, think it was perfect for the occasion. I do not think she would have had one single suitable dress in her wardrobe because it is, of necessity, extremely modest and intended to respect the cultural mores of the host rather than the demands of fashion.

Regardless, I actually found that it flattered her and made her look almost ethereal. I also think that Catherine is finally figuring out that "fashion" is what she is wearing and not what is on the catwalk. During that tour she managed to sport quite a few original "looks", all of which were interesting and most of which did not feature in this year's obligatory fashion bible.

i love that about her, she has or is getting better about her style, much faster than her late mom n law, imo it took princess diana sometime to figure out her style

The dress is perfect for the occasion. After all she could have worn a burka at the mosque to make all of you comfortable about what she wears.

Usually I *hate* pale light colors but on her it looks great. The tiny buttons give it a nice discreet touch-overall another really flawless look for her.

Well i don't know about style icon we may have to wait and see there IMO but I certainly think and I think this ... that she has made it okay for all to buy and say I got this from say Top Shop or Zara or Country Road and they are not over priced where as prior lot of the time if one wasn't wearing designer one wanted to .. she has made it all roght to do that.
I wonder when the last time we say a member of the Royal Fomily carry out an engagement in those High Street labels ... til ol' Cathy came along. And that is a good thing but icon she is not there yet IMO and has a long way to go but that is just all IMO ... but then I may know nothing about fashion as someone unkidly pointed out about most people on this thread recently.

^^^^
Well Marina and Alexandra of Kent were known to shop at Marks & Spencer for day wear because it was economical.

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge during a visit to Middle Temple on October 8, 2012 in London, England.

- Complete outfit 1 - Complete outfit 2 - Side view - Close up
- Hairstyle - Makeup

This has to be my least favourite of Kate's outfits ever.
I'm not particularly fond of the skirt suit, and certainly not with those tights and especially the print or lace top.

A definite miss for me.

Last edited:
Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge during a visit to Middle Temple on October 8, 2012 in London, England.

- Complete outfit 1
- Complete outfit 2
- Close up
- Hair

I thought Catherine looked quite smart at their engagement at the Middle Temple today. Her hair looked quite nice despite it having been quite a miserable day in London today, with a lot of rain earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom