The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 10: September 2012 - December 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5-ylH25Y2...hess%2BCambridge%2BDiamond%2BAa1AT4u0qKwx.jpg

Yes! I agree! You can actually see her skin (esp her forehead) and her curly hair; it's like the "real" Kate is showing through and I like it given the tropical location. She really is a natural beauty! :flowers:
Does look lighter, less brows and now I see that the dress is eyelet again,
another fave of mine.
Nothing to be done with hair in that heat and humidity, hers seems to be au natural.

I just have no words for how much I dislike the yellow and I love the blue.

So far I liked what she wore on this trip. Catherine's style is quite low profile - though I too agree that the printed dress was way too expensive. However, I think she preferes simple cuts, simple colours and styles. And she was dressed quite appropriate in all the engagments. Thumbs up. She is doing quite well.

Count me as one who loves both dresses from today. The yellow safari dress is lovely IMO. It does what a safari dress is supposed to do keep the wearer cool and crisp in a hot and humid. I especially love the lively bright yellow. I loooovvve the blue dress. It's the perfect little summer dress, and for one those blue wedge shoes are a perfect pairing for the terrain and a match for the dress.

MichelleQ2 said:
exactly - and I like that both have some structure to them, they dont fall limp in the humidity. both served their purpose well - the solid bright yellow dress allowed her to stand out during the village tours and the navy dress was a lovely backdrop to the native necklaces showing them beautifully.

I totally agree.

i love both dresses; yellow looked nice and airy, bright and cheerful (appropriate, since the person wearing it seems to brings smiles wherever she goes :D). I love the navy dress too. Don't care for the wedges, but I can see where they would probably be preferable to heels or flats. Wills in a dark pink shirt tells us that only real men can wear pink, and look good doing it :ROFLMAO:.

Love both the yellow and navy dress. Kate's been looking very good on this trip.

Love the last photos, a natural beauty.
We are very fortunate to have this lovely lady
at Williams side.
What a beautiful couple.

Kate's hair is becoming boring. The hair should be put up. Seems we can never see the top part of any dress she wears.

Actually, I noticed her hair looks like its having a problem with the humidity. Its looking a little frizzy. I think she should have worn her hair up as much as possible in order to avoid the dreaded frizz mop.

I think that the bright yellow suits Catherine better than the primrose yellow she's worn on occasion. However, I don't like yellow in general; and so I don't like that yellow dress!:lol: The navy is pretty.

September 18, 2012 - Kate in a new yellow dress.

I like this dress but I don't think the sleeves style fits the dress. IMO the sleeves should've been a bit tighter. Great to see her hair pulled up. Works well with this dress.

Full view

I really like this dress (even though it's yellow) although I know what you mean about the sleeves, Dazzling.

Last edited:
Ok I like this dress and the navy one from earlier. I do love her hair like this, nice for a change of pace and I can really see the dress.

dazzling said:

I like this dress but I don't think the sleeves style fits the dress. IMO the sleeves should've been a bit tighter. Great to see her hair pulled up. Works well with this dress.

Full view

I like the colour, in the sense that Catherine's not wearing pink or blue. But the dress doesn't suit her especially with those sleeves.
The only dress I think I have likes on this tour is the strapless party dress.

I am over these dresses for me so far the Mulberry is the best otherwise really just too cutesy too boring IMO though I have liked the shoes but not necessarliy with the outfits.

This dress is lovely. It needs to be about an inch and a half longer and I don't like those chunky shoes with it. They make her legs look scrawny, but she still looks lovely.

Last edited:
Boris said:
To wear clunky sandal wedges with this dress and with an up-do is all wrong.
In this case, open hair would have balanced the too-wide sleeves, overall the dress really doesn’t suit her though – it looks nicely made but would look better on someone younger, more petite and less skinny.
Full view:
http://s11.postimage.org/902zou1bn/Prince_William_Duke_Duchess_Cambridge_Diamond_k_Z.jpg

Yes I agree. It is a lovely dress, but doesn't really work for her. I think it is very evident on this tour that she is doing her own thing. Sometimes it works wonderfully, but there are some things she doesn't get right. I personally like the fact that she hasn't got a stylist. Overall I think she has managed the heat, the nature of her engagements and showing respect to her hosts very well. I really don't get the comments that are still appearing concerning her hair - seems to me she has worn it up or off her face on a considerable number of occasions.

Yes I agree. It is a lovely dress, but doesn't really work for her. I think it is very evident on this tour that she is doing her own thing. Sometimes it works wonderfully, but there are some things she doesn't get right. I personally like the fact that she hasn't got a stylist. Overall I think she has managed the heat, the nature of her engagements and showing respect to her hosts very well. I really don't get the comments that are still appearing concerning her hair - seems to me she has worn it up or off her face on a considerable number of occasions.

Quite true that she seems to do what she wants. First thing that comes to mind when going to an island/resort is to wear wedges. I don't get why she couldn't wear lovely flat shoes/sandals instead of heels and wedges. I would also think it would be more comfortable.

Love the dress, especially the pale butter shade. However it could be a slightly longer to give it the elegance that it lacks. The chunky wedge sandals are definitely not flattering on Kate. Simple sandals might have been a better option. A smart wide brimmed hat might also have worked with this look.

I have to agree with some of you. The dress doesn't suit Catherine. I think that the color is wonderful, but the cut/style of the dress is too old/retro. I also have to admit, I love wedges but I don't care for them with this dress.

soapstar said:
I actually really like the yellow dress. It has a bit of a retro feel. The only thing I would change are the shoes. Some cute ballet flats would have looked much better with this dress.

I love the dress she wore later in the day.
Catherine Duchess Of Cambridge Dances With The Ladies At

I totally agree. If you notice, the sleeves on the yellow dress have a cute lacy pattern, so the sleeves are meant to highlight the upper body and give more texture to the look.

Again, why all the hate with the wedges? From the side, they actually elongate her leg, and the gentle slope of the shoe actually makes her leg look toned but not strained from the front (which sometimes happens with heels).

The yellow eyelet dress really just doesn't suit her for all the reasons posters have listed.
The wedges are way to much volume for such a light, short dress, it just doesn't balance.
The one image of the long dress is fantastic! Hope to see more. Thanks to all for posting.

I like both dresses. They suit Catherine quite well. The longer one reminds me of a traditional Russian or Ukrainian outfit. However, it appears to look smashing on her.

I like both dresses. They suit Catherine quite well. The longer one reminds me of a traditional Russian or Ukrainian outfit. However, it appears to look smashing on her.

What? no pics of Kate in her wet suit snorkeling?

Full view

It's a very lovely and beautiful dress. I think the color and the details are beautiful. But, I agree, it would have looked better with the sleeves tighter. Though, it would also looked better sleeveless to me. The hair style is great also but, I really dislike the shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom