The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 10: September 2012 - December 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdmirerUS said:
In later indoor shots, the blue of the dress was more pronounced. The sun washed out the color quite a bit.

It was a nice choice for a memorial and a hospice visit IMO.

Not only the sun, but the contrast with the cream parasol and bright sky. When I first saw the pictures I thought her dress was gray!

But on further look, I think the dress was probably the best possible choice for these engagements.

When she was minus a brolly hope she had sunscreen applied ie did she pack it I loved the distance shots of them here.

I don't have a problem with the dress and the parasol (I love the touch of elegance that little accessory provides), and it was appropriate for visiting a memorial.

While I will be in the minority here....I am just bored. Same styles with very little variation. She looks nice but there isn't much that's new. I understand restrictions with the climate, the heat etc. Loved the purple and white print dress she wore the first night in Singapore....it popped, was flattering and memorable. The rest of these dresses are not memorable. I hate to compare her to Diana, but Diana took risks...even in foreign countries. Her clothes were fabulous and memorable and maybe that was because she was memorable without exception. I just see so very little to be excited about.
You are not alone. I often feel like it's the emperors new clothes with the DOC. The insistance on the curtain of hair, and in this case, no hat and a parasol in a graveyard, it just doesn't seem right for a 30 year old married woman.

Okay, will someone please explain to me why people are so insulted that she carried a parasol? Is it some kind of national embarrassment or faux pas? Has it become the epitome of tacky to want to shield your head from the sun now?

i'm excited. first look of kate i am really fond of: the veil looked lovely on the white, floaty dress, and the updo was a dream.

Okay, will someone please explain to me why people are so insulted that she carried a parasol? Is it some kind of national embarrassment or faux pas? Has it become the epitome of tacky to want to shield your head from the sun now?

Parasols are okay only if HM or Camilla are using them!

September 14, 2012 - Kate in a dress by Beulah London.

I like Kates look today. The color is lovely, the dress fits well and I like the sheer sleeves. Her hair-do is quite nice as well as her make up, she looks quite fresh.

Full view ** Close up ** Hair-do

While visiting the mosque, Kate wore a matching head scarf

Picture

dazzling said:
September 14, 2012 - Kate in a dress by Beulah London.

I like Kates look today. The color is lovely, the dress fits well and I like the sheer sleeves. Her hair-do is quite nice as well as her make up, she looks quite fresh.

Full view ** Close up ** Hair-do

While visiting the mosque, Kate wore a matching head scarf

Picture

Now That is a dowdy dress! But for the occassion (visiting a mosque) entirely appropriate, so I'm not complaining.

Don't like the dress but it probably appropiate for the occasion it is very dowdy!!!IMO

This is a very elegant dress and beautifully made, but it would need a rather more sophisticated personality to really pull off its elegant simplicity to the best advantage.
I don't quite understand why the updo (which is nice) is chosen with this dress, because in contrast to previous outfits where the open hair frequently clutters details and necklines, it wouldn't dusturb here.
The dress, price tag £895, is from Beulah London:
http://s8.postimage.org/qmp6t394l/Bild_411.png

I don't quite understand why the updo (which is nice) is chosen with this dress, because in contrast to previous outfits where the open hair frequently clutters details and necklines, it wouldn't dusturb here.

Obviously because she knew she'd be having to put on a head scarf and then take it off. The updo meant she needn't worry about what her long hair looked like afterwards. Take a head scarf off long hair and you'll probably get some static.

How could anyone accuse a dress worn by a woman to a mosque of being dowdy? I've been in a few mosques in the middle east, and in one they insisted that all women wear what I can only describe as a huge green curtain. A graduation gown would be considered risque compared to that thing.

How could anyone accuse a dress worn by a woman to a mosque of being dowdy? I've been in a few mosques in the middle east, and in one they insisted that all women wear what I can only describe as a huge green curtain. A graduation gown would be considered risque compared to that thing.

That is what I meant with my comment. My appologies if it came out wrong.
The dress in itself Is dowdy (compared to the other dresses termed "dowdy" which I all felt were very nice), but put into the context it was worn, it is very appropriate.

That is what I meant with my comment. My appologies if it came out wrong.
The dress in itself Is dowdy (compared to the other dresses termed "dowdy" which I all felt were very nice), but put into the context it was worn, it is very appropriate.

I get what you mean. Mosque visits are a bit tricky for non-Muslims. Much as I adore HM the Queen (as my username suggests), I'm glad Kate didn't look to her for inspiration when choosing what to wear today. I think the less said about this outfit the better:

The Queen visits the Sheikh Zayed Mosque in Abu Dhabi, November 2010

Last edited:
The only thing about the dress is that it didn't seem to fit her very well. I've noticed that now and then that some clothes don't hang right or something, perhaps she should have more alterations done on some things.

LaRae

Just seen Kate's latest dress from a tea party on the visit thread. Really pretty and lovely hairstyle.

Lovely dress for the visit to the mosque.

For a tea party in Malaysia, The Duchess of Cambridge wore a pastel blue dress with white lace overlay by Alice Temperley which is very pretty indeed - fresh but still formal, elegant without being too conservative.

The only minuses for me are the nude shoes (such an old hat - white or light blue and without that half-platform sole, please) and the fact that the lace doesn’t really look to feel comfortable on the wearer’s skin.
But overall, along with the fact that the hairdresser has finally woken up from her regular routine, IMHO perhaps the best look from the tour so far.

Full views:
http://s16.postimage.org/e4dvphxyt/article_2203178_150298_C6000005_DC_633_470x782.jpg
http://s8.postimage.org/wvmytb8j9/article_2203178_150299_E6000005_DC_331_470x782.jpg

Hairstyle:
http://s14.postimage.org/8xuywldpt/article_2203178_15029931000005_DC_811_470x698.jpg

Oh I love the dress! She looks great with the hairdo!

Both looks are amazing! The Beulah dress she wore wasn't dowdy-not only was it perfect or the occasion but it had classical lines and tailoring. It fit her wonderfully and seemed tone very comfortable, even with the heat. The head scarf was just beautiful.

The second dress is making me do jumpy claps-romantic, airy, appropriate. Perfect way to head tacky French newspapers (ahem) off at the pass.

Kate looked great today on tour

The Beulah dress was a great choice for the visit to the mosque. She looked very beautiful.

Adore adore adore the alice temperely number for the tea party - its so english and lovely on Kate especially with her hair like that. She always looks stunning in temperely creations

Her look for the tea party was perfection. I think it's my favorite look of this tour so far.

Perfect. The hair, the dress, the shoes. Very tasteful. :)

I don't think those Beulah dresses suit Kate at all; they look very frumpy, imo.
Of course she was going to a mosque, so she needed something very conservative, but afterwards she should toss that thing!

The pale blue dress weas ideal for the occasion.

For a tea party in Malaysia, The Duchess of Cambridge wore a pastel blue dress with white lace overlay by Alice Temperley which is very pretty indeed - fresh but still formal, elegant without being too conservative.

The only minuses for me are the nude shoes (such an old hat - white or light blue and without that half-platform sole, please) and the fact that the lace doesn’t really look to feel comfortable on the wearer’s skin.
But overall, along with the fact that the hairdresser has finally woken up from her regular routine, IMHO perhaps the best look from the tour so far.

Full views:
http://s16.postimage.org/e4dvphxyt/article_2203178_150298_C6000005_DC_633_470x782.jpg
http://s8.postimage.org/wvmytb8j9/article_2203178_150299_E6000005_DC_331_470x782.jpg

Hairstyle:
http://s14.postimage.org/8xuywldpt/article_2203178_15029931000005_DC_811_470x698.jpg

This is such a pretty dress, the lace/detailing, the fit and the color all works. The hair-do is pretty. What is disappointing is the shoes she choose with this dress.

Hello hairdresser! Fabulous last 2 looks! The billowing dress to the mosque was just right for the occassion, it did seem that the waist was again set too high for her. The tea party dress was perfection in every way, waist was perfect, just right fullness of the skirt, length, hair "pins" thank you Kate!
Agree that the shoes for both were a miss.
Keep up the good work!

I feel like I've seen the dress she wore at the Mosque before. I can't put my finger on it though.
The second dress is lovely. Fresh choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom