The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 10: September 2012 - December 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two pretty outfits today. Given the heat and humidity (some of the crowds waiting to see them were fainting due to heat stroke), the light colours are the correct choice.

The wedges were also understandable as they were in Garden by the Bay where they were walking on lawns etc. No point wearing stilettos to start sinking into the carefully tended turf.

MARG said:

I see she has changed the length of her skirts which, with her lovely long legs, is both flatteringly modest and elegant.

Kate's in a socially conservative country which has large numbers of, among others, Muslim citizens. She's obviously culturally aware enough to know that the hemlines which are perfectly acceptable and normal in the UK would be viewed differently in the country she's visiting.

Nice pics , she looks pretty elegant , simple dresses , liked her Bracelet , Thank you for posting :flowers:

I actually like outfit #2 from today best so far - finally, there's no aspect of 'trying too hard' here, nothing stilted which I feel all the outfits so far had an aspect of, but instead it's simple, light and fresh.
Full view:
http://s14.postimage.org/gfg4bbe5d/Newscom_rtrlfive490818.jpg

The outfit Nice & looks very Nice on kate and suits her well ,she looks pretty , and william looks very handsome liked his suit very Much ;) , Thank’s for posting

Last edited by a moderator:
Woo outfit #3 has impressed me the most. Love the color and style if the skirt and jacket. For this trip she seems to have her skirts at knee level.

At first, I was not wowed by the outfit. Then I saw the detail and the pics of her greeting crowds at the garden. In addition to being modest enough to suit local concerns, that full skirt allowed the Duchess to bend over and speak to the little people (as we have seen her do so often) with modesty intact.
She also looks great in that fitted waist style. The white cotton was a fit for the local climate. So the outfit was pretty, practical and allowed her to do her job.

I know many of you don't like wedges, but many find them comfortable. They are certainly better on uneven surfaces. It is work after all.

Last edited:
I like the idea of the McQueen white outfit from the morning engagements - its actually one of the first such outfits by the designer ive thought thats nice. But again the deep v has proved to have issues in pictures and the neckline gapes. However it was nice light summery in the hot humidity of Singapore. The wedges work with it keeping it modern and young for Kate and they are more comfortable in heat to wear then shoes.

I love the second outfit its flattering and perfect for the tour and events they attended. Favourite so far by Kate this visit

September 12, 2012 - Kate in a white skirt with a matching short sleeve jacket and a white belt with black wedges.

Outfit is by Alexander McQueen.

I like the suit but at the same time there is something off about it which I cant point my finger at. I dont care for the color, its a bit boring but then it works. I would've liked if she had her hair pulled back or in a ponytail for the collar of jacket to have a more effect as it was quite nice. Im not a fan of wedges for such official events, I don't care for the climate or location, its just to elegant at all. Very simple pumps would've worked well or sandal heels.

Close up ** Full view

Love this look! It's very lovely, classic and sophisticated. The only thing I don't like about it is the wedges.

I like the dress, very simple and light. Love the cut and the fabric. Kate looks lovely.

Last edited:
I actually like outfit #2 from today best so far - finally, there's no aspect of 'trying too hard' here, nothing stilted which I feel all the outfits so far had an aspect of, but instead it's simple, light and fresh.
Full view:
http://s14.postimage.org/gfg4bbe5d/Newscom_rtrlfive490818.jpg
Dress #2 is absolutely perfect for her, cut, fabric, fit and color.

The white eyelet suit, while I love anything in that fabric, the bodice was really too low.
I feel the white full skirt is just too short to look balanced, as was the pink orchid skirt the day before. An inch or two with such a full skirt on such a tall woman would give it the "oomf" it needs". Nothing to do with modesty, just overall look.
As far as footwear, it looks as if she lost the shoes that went with the outfit, and borrowed something from the lost and found.

I really like both the two dresses she wore on Day 2. The white McQueen is a great fit for her. The other one is lighter, more casual but dressy enough. Well picked.

She looks very nice. I like the outfits so far

Thanks nylonluva for those great images, I like the white but not with those heavy wedges and the red and black [??] is a cool light dress for the heat but nothing spec.
I would have thought that her hair would have been better up at least off her neck [maybe she doesn't feel the heat] but that Singapore heat for new players is IMO intolerable.. I almost went mad[but that was just me].
I am really grateful not to see too many LK Bennet sledge nudes here but we do have a ways to go.

The white outfit is very pretty but I saw a picture of her watering a tree....way to low that bodice is! I think the heat is playing a major factor in her fabric and dres selections as it should. I just hope she really wows us with lots of new fashions. The wedges work for me just because of the terrain she had to deal with. She is doing great so far! Oh I also wanted to mention I bet her hair would look amazing in a low ponytail in the back keeping it off her face and highlighting her collar designers could add great details or she can wow us with fabulous jewels!

I do love the white outfit - it reminds me of broiderie Anglaise. The neckline is very familiar as it is the same as her wedding dress and seems to be a little bit of a trademark for her!

Love the McQueen outfit. Classic and elegant. I think the wedges were not the right choice for the outfit. It was just too chunky looking but, what do I know. I didnt really like the two piece skirt and top, the red and black one. It was kind of frumpy looking on her. Just my opinion of course. :)

I liked the wedges they are growing on me and the outfit seemed so classic and business like that she threw in a dash of Kate on her feet.

I do love the white outfit - it reminds me of broiderie Anglaise. The neckline is very familiar as it is the same as her wedding dress and seems to be a little bit of a trademark for her!

It is broiderie Anglaise - that was the info released to the press :flowers:

I love the McQueen outfit (but don't care at all for the wedges), and the second outfit is very lovely as well. Catherine is opting for comfortable rather than formal on this tour, which is a smart choice, given the heat and some of the terrain that they'll be visiting.

I can't help but marvel at the amount of time it must have taken Catherine to plan the wardrobe for this trip. The shopping, fitting etc. would have driven me crazy.

While I will be in the minority here....I am just bored. Same styles with very little variation. She looks nice but there isn't much that's new. I understand restrictions with the climate, the heat etc. Loved the purple and white print dress she wore the first night in Singapore....it popped, was flattering and memorable. The rest of these dresses are not memorable. I hate to compare her to Diana, but Diana took risks...even in foreign countries. Her clothes were fabulous and memorable and maybe that was because she was memorable without exception. I just see so very little to be excited about.

September 12, 2012 - Kate in a new dress that is a pleated skirt with a mix of lace on the top part.

Kate wearing a custom made Jenny Packham. Not a bad dress but I find the color a bit too boring for her.

Front view ** Close up ** Back view

Last edited:
September 12, 2012 - Kate in a new dress that is a pleated skirt with a mix of lace on the top part.

Kate wearing a custom made Jenny Packham. Not a bad dress but I find the color a bit too boring for her.

Front view ** Close up ** Back view
I find the color as well as the style quite boring here. Particularly for a custom made piece, the pleats of the skirt are looking rather poorly made in several pics, and the lace doesn't stand out at all as there's no contrast in color.
The visit to the war cemetary would have been the correct occasion to wear a wide-brimmed hat if she felt the need to protect herself from the sun; walking between the grave stones with a 'cute' local umbrella makes her look a bit silly IMHO.

Last edited:
This one doesnt seem to fit too well. Not liking the color either.
Hey Kate give hubby some of the umbrella action.

Have to say i like this Jenny Packham dress - the duck egg colour was appropiate for an evento to the war graves. I like this style on Kate and the top with delicate inserts of lace is lovely.

I assumed that this type of event would be an event for a hat.

I dont mind her using the parasol as i recall Camilla using them on numerous tours

im not a fan of this dress, its to bland to my taste and it doesnt match Catherine. but on the other hand, it was appropriate for the War Memorial Graveyard event, it was suitable!

:previous: She seems to favour slightly high-waisted dresses which is, IMO, a little strange. The addition of a parasol is quite practical in the tropics but I would question whether it was "engagement appropriate". :ermm:

I adore the parasol; it's so classic and pretty while performing an important function. Parasols have always been popular among British royal women and I'm glad to see Kate carrying on the tradition.

The dress is elegant and appropriate for a very sombre event. Had she worn a bold colour to the cemetery she would've been crucified for disrespecting the dead. She wears a sombre duck egg blue and gets criticised for wearing a boring colour. She can't win. She's obviously choosing very light fabrics given the climate that won't show any embarrassing sweat patches.

Another success IMO. She is dressing elegantly and sensibly given the climate and the nature of her engagements. I don't consider this boring at all.

:previous: She seems to favour slightly high-waisted dresses which is, IMO, a little strange. The addition of a parasol is quite practical in the tropics but I would question whether it was "engagement appropriate". :ermm:

Better to use the parasol than to faint from the heat!

At least Kate can choose lightweight fabrics and short sleeves; William must really be suffering in those suits.

I think it's a lovely dress that is suitable for the event. I like the pleats of the skirt and the color is nice. Kate looks very lovely.

In later indoor shots, the blue of the dress was more pronounced. The sun washed out the color quite a bit.

It was a nice choice for a memorial and a hospice visit IMO.

I do notice on this tour she has gone with fuller skirts that lend themselves nicely when kneeling down to children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom