The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 10: September 2012 - December 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to me that she is pulling a Princess Anne with her last two appearances. Lovely cream coat with awful brown hose and shooties? Her make up seems more natural looking and flattering, however.

It's the first time I saw a Royal with so worn shoes...this shoes seams to have soooooo much worn out -second hand shoes...it almoust looks like Kate is a "normal" person...As mucht has I think that she could be wearing some new shoes I aplaude her for choosing what she has, insted of buying new one all the time, like all other royals do!!!!!!

Last edited:
I don't like the boots. The outfit is not her best.

I really like the tartan coat. I wouldn't have chosen such boots but apart from that I really like the look.

I like Catherine's outfit, the colour is beautiful and tartan goes well with St Andrews and of course, her smile makes me melt :)

Last edited:
I like the color of her coat and the style seems very flattering but im undecided about the print.

I don't like the boots. The outfit is not her best.

My only point in defence of the boots is that it is really really cold today. Temperatures in London are just north of freezing in the middle of the day, so I suspect it is close of freezing in Pangbourne.

PrincessofEurope said:
Alexander McQueen coat on Kate - really dislike this look on her it seems badly fitted on her and quite old fashioned

I'm not sure if we're looking at the same photos, but the fit looks perfect to me-the darting just over her rib cage, the peplum coming out at natural waist, the shoulders accentuated but not out of proportion.

casualfan said:
I'm not sure if we're looking at the same photos, but the fit looks perfect to me-the darting just over her rib cage, the peplum coming out at natural waist, the shoulders accentuated but not out of proportion.

Agreed, I thought the fit was beautifully done. I actually like this outfit more and more as I see more pictures.

i really like the tartan coat, and i would not mind to have one of those! and its a nice gesture of her to be dressed alike with the school uniforms, love it^^
while i agree on the boots (they dont suit that well with it), they're not bad either and it seems it was really cold, so nice choice (it could be worse, so im happy)
hair is nicely styled today, the supposed bangs are better looking today than in the previous 2 events.

I really like the coat on her. The fit and colors look really good on her. And the tartan doesn't even age her either.

I like the coat dress. The tartan was very appropriate for the occasion. Generally, I think heels might work better, but given the temperature, I think boots were a smart choice and still worked. I like these boots better than the other pair.

It could have been nice, but unfortunately it is badly fitted for such an expensive piece, looks saggy & dull.
I dont mind boots but those look old and worn.

Im just not a fan of McQueen outfits on Kate - i just find it quite heavy round the waist with the peplum (personally dislike peplum fashion) and the way it is has concealed buttons down the right side and thats where i find it illfitting on Kate.

I do like that Kate wore her black knee length boots - they were right for the outdoor element of the event.

I just think Kate has alot nicer pieces in her wardrobe than this. Maybe i find the tartan too much - a tartan skirt and plain jacket would have been nicer IMO

Nice coat and nothing wrong with the boots, except maybe a good brushing. I think she looks good today.

i think she looks lovely - like all good royal women, she needs some tartan in her wardrobe and this is a very flattering choice for her. Im sure we will see this next summer at Balmoral. and I like the boots with it - it is a very feminine boot with a pretty heel.

I actually like the print! The style is great also. She looks great!

Duke of Marmalade said:
It could have been nice, but unfortunately it is badly fitted for such an expensive piece, looks saggy & dull.
I dont mind boots but those look old and worn.

We're going to have to disagree about the fit, which you another poster see. I simply can't find any evidence of bad workmanship in this coat.

I'm surprised how well she was able to play in high heeled boots today. :)

I love today's look. The coat is elegant and sophisticated, and the boots, while not the best choice of footwear, do go nicely with it. I also love how nicely her hair looked. Overall, very, very delightful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom