The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 10: September 2012 - December 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the coat Catherine wore to the rugby match. She looks spectacular in red.

Am I correct in thinking that this was the coat Kate wore to Denmark but with a different belt? The belt in Denmark was quite heavy IIRC. This belt looks as though it was made specifically for this coat.

The coat is lovely and its a great shade of red on her. The only thing I dont like is that her hair covers the collar part which is also quite nice. I hope Kate starts realising how to wear her hair with certain collars and top parts of dresses.

I like that coat, the red colour looks great on her and that little bag is perfect!

That red coat is fantastic! She looks great in red.

Courtesy of Dazzling and GettyImages;

Visit to Cambridge - Whole Outfit
Shoes

Max Mara Coat and Dress.

Last edited:
LOL. I used to have my hair cut at a salon called "Beyond the Fringe." Always made me giggle.

I'm glad to see she's trying something different. However, generally, a fringe is an intrinsic part of the entire hairstyle. Kate has made the hair problem worse, IMO, as now the length of the fringe does nothing but just blow over her face. It is now more difficult to control when windy.

I agree that Kate looks best in casual clothes. I really like the outfit (esp. the coat) and everybody knows I'm not in love with Kate. Give credit where it is due...she looks great in her streetwear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the white coat, it's very elegant. Hate those shoes though.

The coat is lovely but the dress print looks like leopard print which I really dont like.
Max Mara coat

Last edited:
The beige coat is very lovely but I have really hate when the coat is shorter than the dress. Not liking the boots at all.
Overall, a pretty nice look.

The beige coat is very lovely but I have really hate when the coat is shorter than the dress. Not liking the boots at all.
Overall, a pretty nice look.
I totally agree with your comment about the dress longer than the coat. It isn't much but it is often the little details that can make or break a look. I also don't like short boots with dresses. I think Catherine's new haircut has made a bad problem worse. For all of the people who wanted her to change her hair (me included) I guess this is a case of "be careful what you wish for"!!

I love the coat - the style and color is fantastic. I'm a bit iffy on the shoes, but that's only because I'm not a big fan of ankle boots.

It's hard to change a hairstyle, so getting fringe is probably a big step for Kate. Maybe this will lead to her chopping off a few more inches.

That said, I'm one of the few that actually like the new hairstyle. Although I agree that it would look a bit better if she cut an inch off the fringe (so that it's not covering her eyes).

Last edited:
Hair looks silly, surely she's got to realise on a windy day that putting your hair out of your face is a good idea?
Boots look awful, like something she'd pulled out the bottom of the cupboard. The coat is stylish but I don't like how the dress is longer.

And didn't anyone tell her, your never supposed to sit on a patients bed? ;)

Still hate her hair but somehow looks better than yesterday night, IMO...

I love the coat and the colour of it looks really good in her, but those boots... blah... they're terrible and look very worn out.

Her makeup looks lovely today- again with the slightly more natural, softer look. It looks like she's indeed using a brown liner instead of black and maybe a cream blush. It suits her so much better!

Nice cream colour on Kate - but hate those boots fine with trousers but not exposed like they way Kate has worn them a few times

I think she looks quite cute today. And I really like her hair with these fringes. She already had them in the pre-engagement days though with straighter hair.

Hate the shooties though the cream coat was lovely, but should have been longer than the dress hemline. She needs more layers cut in her hair and perhaps with the new side layers, she'll become more adventurous about adding some more. The current layers should be better incorporated with her hairstyle. Again, she needs to control that mass of hair better on a windy day.

Hate the shooties though the cream coat was lovely, but should have been longer than the dress hemline. She needs more layers cut in her hair and perhaps with the new side layers, she'll become more adventurous about adding some more. The current layers should be better incorporated with her hairstyle. Again, she needs to control that mass of hair better on a windy day.

Re: the shooties, at least these fit Catherine's ankle. I loathe the shooties that gape about the lower leg. I once owned a pair and all I felt was the gappy boot hitting the front of my ankle and the back of my ankle as I walked. Flap, flap, flap, flap, flap! It was like wearing bells for all the noise they made. Pippa has a couple of pairs of shooties that do this and they make my skin crawl. But obviously, she likes them so - good for her!

I at least have to give her credit for wearing dark stockings that extend the line of the leg better than light-colored hose that would look like she got chopped off at the ankles. But shooties aren't my favorite footgear at all, and Kate's look like they needed a polishing as well. They seem pretty worn.

Last edited:
Great coat and ankle boots.

I love the cream coat. It looks great on Catherine. Her hair needs better management on a windy day, and that fringe needs to be going to the side, instead of being parted down the middle. I detest the shooties. They're a plain 'no-no' in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom