The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 10: September 2012 - December 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
I too prefer the black and red combo.....

Catherine's hat looks VERY similar to the red hat Sophie wore to the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh's Diamond Wedding Anniversary Service in 2007. I am quite sure they are the same hat.

Sophie + Catherine

So even before Catherine joined the family, she and Sophie were swapping tips!

Definitely the same hat.
Good eye, Molly!

Kate's bow is smaller than Sophie's. So we have two different hats (black and red ;))

:previous:

I think it's more the angle the pictures were taken.
Sophie is looking straight ahead (or to the side), while Kate is looking down visually making the bow smaller. :)

I too prefer the black and red combo.....

Count me as someone in that camp. I love the red and black combination. Catherine looked so elegant and sophisticated. Of course for the Remembrance Day, that would not be a good combination, so black and black works.

Catherine looks really nice. Casual wear is her strongest suit.

was that picture taken around her usual shopping area of kings road?
i am also a fan of the coat.

i think there's no issue with her wearing black. i guess that makes her stand out less than wearing bright colours (which specially in nordic countries isn't the most common during autumn and winter), and enjoy her day out and about less.

with that being said, i wonder if the starbucks barista in the picture actually recognised her as she took her coffee :)

I honestly don't like the coat too much leather in too many bits ... it's neither one thing nor the other IMO Yuk

Only problem I have is why is this in Kate's Eveningwear thread when she's obviously out and about during the day?

Only problem I have is why is this in Kate's Eveningwear thread when she's obviously out and about during the day?

Posts have been moved to the correct thread.

Out and about with Lupo
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f96/cheekpeekwillow/486213_4515643365944_1856180349_n.jpg
Too mucht black, even the dog is black....no!!!!:bang:

I dont care for all the black, one can argue it's winter, its cold and black is what many people would wear though I prefer color. Her coat looks like it has leather trims.

She looks good to me, love the all black haha she matches her puppy.
(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally couldn't care less what Kate wears to walk her dog. Much like when she wore a purple jumper and jeans to do her grocery shopping at Tescos and people here complained she looked 'boring'.

:previous:

I agree. Kate was not on an official engagement so could wear pretty much anything she wanted.
She's opted for comfortable, sensible clothing most of us would op to wear on a similar outing and similar weather conditions.

Of course, some of us may like the overall effect (I do), some may find it boring but at the end of a day, she's just walking her dog, not attending a gala.

Last edited:
Makes you wonder what the people saying her look is boring , walk their dog in, haute couture?

Makes you wonder what the people saying her look is boring , walk their dog in, haute couture?

Well, Duke, I can't comment about what people wear to walk their dog, but I did do my grocery shopping in Tescos yesterday in a stripy grey jumper and jeans. I suppose I'm 'boring' too. :sad:

I went to Waitrose in my ballgown, then I changed out of my jimmy choos into my louboutins to supervise my dogwalker as he walked my precious pooch!!...I don't know what Kate's problem is!! (Sarcasm!!)

Who cares what she wears when she's not at an official function and just puttering about? I love her casual look!! She doesn't meed to dress to the nines 24-7!!

I went to Waitrose in my ballgown, then I changed out of my jimmy choos into my louboutins to supervise my dogwalker as he walked my precious pooch!!...I don't know what Kate's problem is!! (Sarcasm!!)

Well, Waitrose is certainly a more upmarket supermarket than Tesco so I'm sure you fit right in, Queen Penelope! ;)

Well Catherine's casual 'jungle kit' from her tour of Asia is my favourite outfit. She should wear jeans 24/7 IMHO ;). She looked great at the Olympics as well. She's naturally sporty and it shows in her choice of clothes.

I love Kate's casual style. And I agree about the jungle outfit from the tour. It was a great look.

Who cares what she wears when she's not at an official function and just puttering about? I love her casual look!! She doesn't meed to dress to the nines 24-7!!

Thank you for that much needed laugh QP!! Gave me a great image. :flowers:

I also don't have a problem w/what she's got on. She's out walking Lupo and getting a warm drink for the walk back to KP. She's not streaking or wearing something risqué, so since she's on her own time...No big deal.

I really like it too, but then again I happen to like that look.

Pity I can't afford or look good in it. Oh well!!

Right.
And the most creasier think is the word "boring". It says that she has to be not only well groomed, but also "interesting". Something like as to wear a Japanese designer's pre-collection, or the new only for catwalk made Manolo Blanhik boots.....

Seriousely speaking, most of the average women walk their dog in leggings and old dirty sneakers...
Kate is dressed much upper that the average, but suitable for the occasion.

Last edited:
I like the little red bag she has at the rugby...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom