The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 10: September 2012 - December 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have always loved this coat, but i agree it looked better last time. besides, the matching hat was lovely...
i wonder who this independent designer is. hopefully we will know some day: he or she will surely want to be known, he will get enormous amounts of clients just because of the kate effect!

I'm not a 'fashion guy' but I will say that IMO, HRH always looks on point and well turned out. 'Una Bella figura' as the Italians says. Catherine dresses like I want my gf to dress

I'm not leering lol. Una bella figura has a subtle meaning, The "bella figura" is the impression you give off with your personal style. You want to look naturally beautiful and confident, but with ease

they are detailed on here

Duchess Kate: Kate In Aubergine Christmas Coat For Day Of Solo Engagements

Interestingly the details about the dress makes in closer to burgundy than red - now that would make sense.

Cepe - I agree the colors "read" differently in different photos. Some were overexposed and some underexposed and some hit both with a half shadow. I swear there is something about the change of season to fall that photogs find challenging. My niece just got married and her outdoor wedding photos had this same over and under exposure issue.

I really liked the coat last December (loved the hat too) but the belt didn't work today - maybe too tight? but it crumpled the fabric and the result wasn't great. And a black belt made it worse.
QUOTE]

In looking back at some older pictures of Princess Diana, I notice that she tightly belted some clothes, also causing fabric to bunch up. I don't think Catherine needs to belt things in an effort to show off a small waist since she is fabously fit so perhaps it is simply to provide a different look for something she's worn before. You know how people complaing if she repeats an outfit and then complain that she's not thrifty if she wears something new. I also preferred this coat without the belt and thought the boots looked good for standing out on an athletic field.

Well, she's done it again . . . ruined a perfectly good coat with and whacking great, ugly belt scrunched around the waist. Just like yesterday . . . really nice coat, really ugly belt. :ohmy:

I admit I am not a fan of these belts either. The coat is beautiful although the color clashes with the dress underneath BUT the belt is really awful.

I admit I am not a fan of these belts either. The coat is beautiful although the color clashes with the dress underneath BUT the belt is really awful.

I agree! :flowers:

Love the coat but not with that belt; the dress beneath is a teeth-jarring clash, imo.

Duke-of-Earl said:
I'm not a 'fashion guy' but I will say that IMO, HRH always looks on point and well turned out. 'Una Bella figura' as the Italians says. Catherine dresses like I want my gf to dress

It's nice to see a gentleman that appreciates a woman who dresses and carries herself like a lady. Catherine's style is very classy.

I think she looks good. I think the two colors work. I love the color of the jacket. Only I dislike the boots and the belt.

My guess is that the two colors go together in person, but photograph differently.

I know I am biased but for me , HRH can do no wrong when it comes to fashion. I don't have fashion a eye but I know what i like and Catherine dresses like my ideal girl. HRH is not sartorially perfect and I admit there are some minor issues but there are many other princesses who should adopt 'The Catherine' ; naturally beautiful and confident, but with at ease with them self/herself

Last edited:
Another ugly shiny belt on a nice coat. I don't understand it. This coat has a nice shape, great length with the boots but it seems to me she adds wide belts to most coats she wears which ruins the look.

My guess is that the two colors go together in person, but photograph differently.

I've noticed that the photos in Hello! magazine show colours and patterns more clearly than images found on the Internet or tv - so I tend to reserve judgement until the next issue is out!

I've seen so many pictures of the dress under yesterday's coat that make it seem like a range of colours. I can't tell what colour it is so I'll reserve judgement on it.

The coat was lovely the first time and is well worth another outing. The black boots and tights are totally appropriate for the north east of England where there's often a seriously cold wind blowing in from the North Sea.

I also can't judge last night's outfit because the pictures aren't clear enough.

HRH looks appropriately dressed for all her appearances this week

The black outfit it ok, but the dress is really short for a funeral IMO.

Kate did look lovely in this stylish burgundy suit. I just found the skirt to be a little short and I did not like the black hose against the burgundy shade. Her hair was also nicely styled. Overall a really good look.

Long live tights!!! Tights have never gone out of style with me, esp. black ones. They look good on everyone. However, I don't much follow fashion, I just wear what I like. I got mine out last night in prep of a cold snap we're expecting over the weekend. Can you imagine how inappropriate that burgundy, space capsule-shaped skirt would have looked without the tights. Now that would have been a true miss.

Last edited:
Not the funeral but out to dinner with friends. The dress looks like the one she was seen shopping just before the wedding and the coat - not sure but possibly the black coat worn to NZ House to sign book of condolence again per wedding. Stern faces probably because they are being papped at a private event

Last edited:
The service outfit was okay but I think the dress was too short. All her outfits lately have been just okay IMO nothing at all special though. The little suit I have to say the skirt again was too short IMO but for the rest .... ho hum IMO

The service outfit was okay but I think the dress was too short. All her outfits lately have been just okay IMO nothing at all special though. The little suit I have to say the skirt again was too short IMO but for the rest .... ho hum IMO

Sorry, Bertie5252003 - what service do you mean? :flowers:

Duke of Marmalade said:

Duke is incorrect- William attended the funeral, Kate did public appearances in the North on her own, then they reunited at night in London and went out to a club. This is NOT funeral wear, it is night-out-with-Will wear. They met up with Pippa and Eugenie.

DCVO said:
Duke is incorrect- William attended the funeral, Kate did public appearances in the North on her own, then they reunited at night in London and went out to a club. This is NOT funeral wear, it is night-out-with-Will wear. They met up with Pippa and Eugenie.

Thank you for the clarification.

The burgundy coat and dress definitely did not match. Kind of an eye sore.
Homegirl looks fierce in that black outfit though.

XeniaCasaraghi said:
The burgundy coat and dress definitely did not match. Kind of an eye sore.
Homegirl looks fierce in that black outfit though.

I really liked the contrast of colours with the coat and dress, TBH. Agree with the black dress, fierce!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom