The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 10: September 2012 - December 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's been lots of criticism of Kate's hair on this board, but suggesting that her hair is 'too light for winter' is a whole new level of disparagement.

Why on earth should Kate die her hair to make it darker for a particular season? That just doesn't make sense.

:previous: You've got me there! I am not a fan of her little girl curls but it never occurred to me to even notice that she had changed the actual shades of brown in her hair. There goes my cred as an observer! :lol:

:previous: You've got me there! I am not a fan of her little girl curls but it never occurred to me to even notice that she had changed the actual shades of brown in her hair. There goes my cred as an observer! :lol:

The best is, we don't even know if she really did. Sun does it to the hair, it makes the hair lighter, sometimes even in the way that it looks like the highlights. And Kate has been to some warm places recently. All that aside, even if she lighten her hair a bit, I am still puzzled as to why lighter hair is unsuitable for winter.

Perhaps I should not have made reference to the season. My opinion, no matter the season, is that Kate's hair is getting too light. I think she looks prettier with darker hair. Blondes needn't go brunette for winter, do not fear! I doubt Kate knows or cares what I think, however, I understand that this board is for airing our opinions on such matters.

Regarding the tights, all who wear them are welcome to do so. Maybe I am a bit jealous as our weather in southern California never allows us to take full advantage of Fall and Winter fashions.

I really don't like jackets put has a dress..A jacket is a jacket not a dress...and those boots are not appropriate for that grass visit....because of the heel!

About Catherine's hair: once she has a baby, her hairstyle will change. As it was with all new moms who had long hair and wore it open....:flowers::flowers:

The maroon skirt is waaaaaaaay too short. The outfit would have been great if she would replace that little girl skirt with a nice pleated wool in black, just a tad longer. That would be a great outfit.

KittyAtlanta said:
The maroon skirt is waaaaaaaay too short. The outfit would have been great if she would replace that little girl skirt with a nice pleated wool in black, just a tad longer. That would be a great outfit.

Pleated wool in black? Is she sixty. Women my age looove the way Catherine dresses. Its young but still appropriate. When she gets older we'll see longer skirts.

sorry but this is such a dowdy look, the hair hanging down, strange colour combo, ugly belt, those boots....

Boots again. Don't like the burgundy with red, looks boring.

I like the coat, but not liking the red dress underneath. There is something off about the outfit as a whole. She doesn't look bad, but just not good or great. I do love the big hug she gave to the young boy though.

About Catherine's hair: once she has a baby, her hairstyle will change. As it was with all new moms who had long hair and wore it open....:flowers::flowers:

Did you meet all new moms who had long hair and wore it open? A friend of mine had long hair and wore it open, almost always. She now has two babies, with the youngest being about a year and a half and she is still wearing her hair long and open. My husband's niece has five babies, and her hairstyle didn't change, long, and mostly open hair is what she still has.
What you wrote above is not a rule, believe me. Kate's hairstyle may change once she has a baby but it may not. It's all up to her and her own comfort.

:previous:

As for a royal example of this, one only has to look at CP Mary of Denmark -older than Kate, mother of 4 - including twins -and still often wears her her hair long and "open" (loose).

Last edited:
:previous:

As for a royal example of this, one only has to look at CP Mary of Denmark -older than Kate, mother of 4 - including twins -and still often wears her her hair long and "open" (loose).

Mary, Marie, Mette-Marit, Maxima... I can go on ;).

sorry but this is such a dowdy look, the hair hanging down, strange colour combo, ugly belt, those boots....
I have to agree.
The colours and materials of the coat and dress underneath simply don't match. And the addition of black (in boots, belt and tights) doesn't help either.
I'll probably be crucified for daring to speak about Kate's hair again, but I wish we could sometimes actually be able to see a bit more of her face.

I much preferred this look as worn on Christmas Day; the hat and different hairstyle salvaged it.

Last edited:
I'm torn- in some pictures, the dress looks like a true red and the colors don't work, but in others, it looks more like a deep pink/magenta and it looks fine.

I wonder if the colors work better together in person than they do in some of these pictures- lighting problems.

The dtess appears to be a shade lighter than the coat, and it works. I personally think she looks nice.

Not a bad look. I like the colors together.

I'm not a 'fashion guy' but I will say that IMO, HRH always looks on point and well turned out. 'Una Bella figura' as the Italians say. Catherine dresses like I want my gf to dress

Last edited:
IMO Everyone is entitled to get it wrong sometimes and (this is a first for me) I think she got it wrong today.

I really liked the coat last December (loved the hat too) but the belt didn't work today - maybe too tight? but it crumpled the fabric and the result wasn't great. And a black belt made it worse.
If she wants to belt the coat then ask the dressmaker to make one that matches but I still think its better without.

And red with maroon? that's a no for me. Red and purple is a yes but not maroon.

No problems with black tights and boots - its cold over here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom