The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2019, 11:34 AM
Courtier

Surprisingly, even though my first reaction was: umm no. The more I looked at it the more it grew on me. I think the purse is what helps elevate this look.
Would love to know where the skirt and sweater is from.
The earrings are very pretty too!

Old 02-06-2019, 12:14 PM
Royal Highness

Beautiful classic winter look. Nothing over done just clean style for event. Dresses her age with a social grace. jmo

Old 02-06-2019, 12:32 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't like the black boots with the brown sweater.
Also, this combination draws the eye to the middle and adds pounds.
It just looks like there's too much going on, imo.

A more stream-lined look would be more flattering.
Old 02-06-2019, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Its a nice look on the Countess,perfect for cold winter days and the hair up makes it more elegant.
Old 02-07-2019, 11:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Countess of Wessex today visit the Wheal Martyn

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dy0B39aWsAA6mJ6.jpg
Old 02-07-2019, 12:34 PM
Serene Highness

Gorgeous coat & boots - very elegant & stylish today.
Old 02-07-2019, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator

It's a lovely coat, and I like the color of the scarf.
Old 02-07-2019, 02:03 PM
Nobility

This lady can really wear brown well and she knows it.

Classic and very flattering.
Old 02-07-2019, 03:50 PM
Administrator

Here are some views on what Sophie wore under her coat today:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 02-07-2019, 06:24 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Beautiful coat on Sophie today. Love the rest of her outfit too.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 02-08-2019, 12:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Countess of Wessex today visit the Wheal Martyn

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dy0B39aWsAA6mJ6.jpg
Lovely look fot countess
Old 02-08-2019, 12:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Here are some views on what Sophie wore under her coat today:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
I do not like the skirt. I was always taught that it was best to stay away from horizontal stripes, particularly wide ones, as it makes you look broader than you actually are. Most women don't need anything that makes the hips look bigger.
Old 02-08-2019, 07:57 PM
Courtier

I love it! I actually love the sweater even more now that I saw the skirt, wonder who made the boots?
Do we know the brands on these items?
Old 02-08-2019, 08:25 PM
Royal Highness

I like the Countess' look in Cumbria on February 6 -- very flattering colors. I guess I understand the suggestion about something more streamlined working better though, i.e., perhaps a dress in the lovely orange color of the skirt instead of breaking up her lines with the brown sweater, orange skirt and camel coat, with black boots.

Still, the colors are nice. Are the boots black or just a darker brown than the sweater? It might also work better if she'd worn a knit dress in the same color and style as the sweater with the camel coat and the black or dark brown boots. Her clutch is very pretty.

Today's look is lovely as well with the colors. I love the coat, her clutch, the scarf, and her sweater. The skirt is interesting and it definitely matches the sweater. Unfortunately, we do not get to see a good, full view of the skirt in order to actually determine if the stripes are too distracting or unflattering (which they probably are). Once again, an all over striped dress with maybe narrower vertical rather than horizontal stripes perhaps, or else an all over purple knit dress would work better. Sophie is so pretty and she seems like a fun person to be around.
Old 02-08-2019, 08:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

I love the brown/orange look. I am glad she didn't wear all orange or such. The neutrals work lovely together. Gives a wonderful fall/winter look.

I like this newest look as well. Lovely colors and coat.
Old 02-08-2019, 08:46 PM
Royal Highness

Yeah, the brown, orange and camel colors are quite flattering and look nice together. And if the boots are black, they didn't really distract me. They may be a dark brown though.

The stripes in the skirt Sophie wore today upon further examination actually look to be not horizontal, but styled upward in a V-shaped pattern. That's why it would be nice to see a full view of the skirt. The colors are pretty.

Sophie seems to like experimenting with different kinds of prints, shapes and patterns.
Old 02-09-2019, 01:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvingdoors View Post
I love it! I actually love the sweater even more now that I saw the skirt, wonder who made the boots?
Do we know the brands on these items?
Fashion ID's on Sophie’s blog:
https://hrhthecountessofwessex.wordpress.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
That's why it would be nice to see a full view of the skirt.
You can see the skirt on the model here:
http://www.selfridges.com/AU/en/cat/...Blush+burgundy
Old 02-09-2019, 05:35 AM
Courtier

Thanks Princess Larisa!
Lovely seeing two royal women wear high street brands, the same brand!!, in the same week nonetheless!
The skirt is a bit expensive for me, but i hope being so expensive it is probably super soft!
Pity it’s not a British brand, but I have noticed that this is not the norm for the countess.
Old 02-09-2019, 01:21 PM
Royal Highness

Now seeing the striped shirt on model page, I really like. It is different, modern and I give the Countess a lot of credit for trying different pieces. Since she has to be in the public eye constantly, wearing what she wants and trying new designs and looks is a testament on her maturity and self worth. She probably knows all her outfits will be immediately critiqued upon walking out of her door but she now dresses how she wants on non-formal ROYAL events and I personally enjoy seeing her personality push through.
Old 02-09-2019, 01:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Perfect example of no one batting an eye when certain royals wear foreign designers. Sophie is an example of one who often wears foreign designers but no comment is made of it, or its 'okay'.

Merlin look:
Max mara coat: Italian brand
Gabriela Hearst skirt: Uraguayan/American brand
watch by channel: French
Sophie Hapsburg bag: Italian made
Only her boots (LK Bennett and her bracelet are English)

Brown and orange look (most of it no Id but what is)
Valentino skirt: Italian
Prada boots: Italian
another Sophie Hapsburg bag: Italian
Only identified English, her bracelet

I think she looks fantastic and I love her style. I have no issue with any royal in foreign brands. I just grow tired of the double standards.

Closed Thread