The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style, Part 8: April 2017 - April 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminds me of a red dress worn by Eugenie....

LaRae

I like both dresses on her, the black and white floral dress is so cute and something I would wear with a nice black cardigan and pearls. The red dress is simple and needs something, maybe a cute scarf to blend the colors of the dress and jacket.....maybe. She looks really nice in both....pretty lady!

Sophie seems to have gotten much more stylish in the last few years. I remember her as being kind of dowdy when the children were younger but she’s been looking fantastic lately. She’s not trying to look 25 but she’s also not hiding the fact that she’s an attractive woman.

I think she look great ... even at a tree planting and the red is fab

The Countess of Wessex at the formal opening of the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting in London today, April 19:

** Upper part **

I like the print of her dress and her S necklace. Wish she would cut her hair - I think a jaw-length layered bob would look great on her.

I love the Suzannah dress it one the nicest she has worn ... Not certain about the de la Rente not at all flattering

Sophie seems to have gotten much more stylish in the last few years. I remember her as being kind of dowdy when the children were younger but she’s been looking fantastic lately. She’s not trying to look 25 but she’s also not hiding the fact that she’s an attractive woman.

I think when Kate came on the scene, as much as I hate to admit it, Sophie stepped up her game fashion wise. I suppose before Kate there was no other "trendy young female royal" for Sophie to compete with. I am sure it wasn't necessarily a competition but I can imagine that as a woman Sophie wanted to look good next to her young relative and embraced it.

Love the Suzannah outfit from this morning and I really liked the dress she wore to plant the tree. I thought it was funny that she made a joke about not being appropriately dressed for tree planting on engagements because it is so true. High heels and grass aren't a good mix. Her hair on that morning was absolutely gorgeous. Made me think that she had maybe just it coloured that morning and had it styled that way. She must have to have her hair dyed a lot to maintain the blonde.

I think when Kate came on the scene, as much as I hate to admit it, Sophie stepped up her game fashion wise. I suppose before Kate there was no other "trendy young female royal" for Sophie to compete with. I am sure it wasn't necessarily a competition but I can imagine that as a woman Sophie wanted to look good next to her young relative and embraced it.

Interesting impressions. :flowers: For me it has been just the reverse, at least recently. Maybe she did up her game with the advent of Kate (I'll trust what you say) but recently I have found her fashion choices meh, 'tired' to put it gently. ;) I say that as someone who very much likes her and her wee family. I do not really care about the fashion being a hit at every event. (I think that level of micro-analysis is unfair to the person).

I like the print of her dress and her S necklace. Wish she would cut her hair - I think a jaw-length layered bob would look great on her.

I have been thinking the same thing. Her hair looks great when it is pulled back to look like a bob. When she wears it loose and long I cringe

Gorgeous dress for the day and it looks like a really lovely day ... like her hair down

Really pretty dress, agree her hair would look good a little shorter. And she could definitely pull off a bob.

I agree, she could do with at least a couple of inches cut off.

I had a very blunt but very good stylist tell me a couple years ago that once you hit thirty you need to imagine what length you think will look great - and then get at least another inch or so taken off. I think with rare exceptions it’s true.

Sophie at least still seems to have naturally thick hair, which helps.

The Countess of Wessex in matching blue with her daughter's dress at the Queen's birthday concert at the Royal Albert Hall this evening, April 21:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Not a fan of what the Countess is wearing, sorry.

The dress per itself is elegant but the decollete' is too much revealing.

Can’t really see the outfit, to me it looks like a royal blue jumpsuit with a black shawl.it is certainly low cut

Not a good choice. I'm no prude but the neckline is distracting and the shawl doesn't work. I also agree she needs a sharper hairstyle.

Rather disappointed in this...I really expect better looks from Sophie.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom