The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style, Part 6: January 2014 - April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like the dress or the hat. I agree the high neckline doesn't help.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

She looks beautiful.

Her ascot outfit was not great dress too long and neck too high. The hat looked silly to me . I have grown up around hats and big ones this one just looked strange. I get that Ascot is about hats but this one just a no for me.

I guess the odd one out, in that I loved yesterday's outfit, especially the hat. It was outrageous and the dress fit well. I thought she looked looked wonderful.

I thought Sophie has looked great this last week, well done.

That said, I so do wish she would reuse her clothes a lot more than she currently does.

What a really elegant outfit of the Countess and stylish looking too!

Beautiful l just love her style.It is nice to she her pictures here in Australia as Sophie and Edward dont get much coverage

So far, I am remembering this as Sophie's week in white.... ;)

absolutely adore the emma wickstead cream high necked dress. fit her beautifully, she carried the length and the high neck and sleevless looked great on her. The hat was her best, crazy but you could see her face and nice hairdo and earrings. Really hands down won best

Oh, no, this orange doesn't do anything for Sophie. The color reminds me of a prison jumpsuit, and the fit is awful.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I love this orange dress but to Sophie no no no.

I actually think she looks great in the dress, and I adore the color. The fit looks better in some pictures than more than others, I think? Because when I was looking through all the pics on Getty, I had the overall impression that the dress was very flattering, but it seems like that might not be the case from all angles. Or maybe I just like the dress - other people's reactions have thrown me off. :D

I am in the minority here but I like the orange dress...It's a very brave colour choice considering the dress comes in white and royal blue as well, but good on Sophie for branching out!

I think it's such a lovely colour and it doesn't look too bad on Sophie. I feel if I wore it, as I am EXTREMELY pale, it would look terrible on me.

The dress is by Victoria Beckham.

Sophie yesterday in Gloucestershire in a beautiful dress by Erdem:

Full view - thanks to HRH The Countess of Wessex Blog for the image.

You're not on your own, Molly, I love the orange dress too. I'm the opposite to the popular opinion as I think the colour is amazing and flatters Sophie. She doesn't wear orange that much so it was nice to see her in this dress.

I like her floral dress too, it suits her a lot. I used to think Louise was all Windsor, though looking at these latest photos of Sophie I can see A LOT of resemblance between her and her daughter.

I am in the minority here but I like the orange dress...It's a very brave colour choice considering the dress comes in white and royal blue as well, but good on Sophie for branching out!

I think it's such a lovely colour and it doesn't look too bad on Sophie. I feel if I wore it, as I am EXTREMELY pale, it would look terrible on me.

The dress is by Victoria Beckham.

Sophie yesterday in Gloucestershire in a beautiful dress by Erdem:

Full view - thanks to HRH The Countess of Wessex Blog for the image.

Okay, I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes her in the Victoria Beckham dress. I, too, was thinking it was nice that she went for such a bold color.

I love that Erdem dress, too. I was thinking she'd worn it before, as I think she has some other dresses in similar prints, but nope, upon closer glance, it's new (and thankfully Anna's blog has all the info on that kind of stuff :)).

You're not on your own, Molly, I love the orange dress too. I'm the opposite to the popular opinion as I think the colour is amazing and flatters Sophie. She doesn't wear orange that much so it was nice to see her in this dress.

I like her floral dress too, it suits her a lot. I used to think Louise was all Windsor, though looking at these latest photos of Sophie I can see A LOT of resemblance between her and her daughter.

There were some pictures of Louise with Sophie at a hockey match the other day, and I was surprised at how much of a resemblance I could see. I tend to think Louise looks 100% like Edward, so to notice a Louise-Sophie resemblance at all surprised me. Louise still looks more like her dad, I think, but I see more of Sophie in her as she gets older. I thought maybe I was just seeing things, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed!

There were some pictures of Louise with Sophie at a hockey match the other day, and I was surprised at how much of a resemblance I could see. I tend to think Louise looks 100% like Edward, so to notice a Louise-Sophie resemblance at all surprised me. Louise still looks more like her dad, I think, but I see more of Sophie in her as she gets older. I thought maybe I was just seeing things, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed!

I can see some resemblances of Sophie in Louise, particularly when she smiles as she has her dimples which James also seems to have inherited. I do generally just see Edward when I see Louise though. I definitely think she is going to suddenly become very pretty when she reaches her mid teenage years.

I can see some resemblances of Sophie in Louise, particularly when she smiles as she has her dimples which James also seems to have inherited. I do generally just see Edward when I see Louise though. I definitely think she is going to suddenly become very pretty when she reaches her mid teenage years.

Yes, I was thinking the very same thing - she looks like Sophie when she makes certain facial expressions, especially when she smiles. And it's something I've only started to notice in maybe the past year. She definitely still looks like Edward most of the time, I think - sometimes eerily so! I think she was always a pretty child, and now she's clearly started to get taller and go through that tween stage (when appearance seems to be constantly changing), so I'm intrigued to find out what she'll look like when she gets a bit older. It would surprise me if she weren't pretty - I think she's always been sweet and classic looking.

Love the color of the orange dress...and even the style if it fit her better...just needs some tailoring.

LaRae

Love the colour but I'm not keen on the fit. I think it doesn't flatter her figure at all - and she has a great figure.

Sophie at Frampton Country Fair yesterday. She's looking every inch the county wife. I think had she not married Edward she would have married another country guy and been a country wife. :D

Edward and Sophie

This is a great photo of the two of them! Not from a professional photog, I'm guessing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom