The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style, Part 6: January 2014 - April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:you are right! I am sorry to say I read the article and thought some of the prices for the dresses not too bad, a few hundred dollars for really beautiful things. But I also thought she has to look nice, if she went sound in cheap discount department store clothes they'd complain too!:bang:

Ah now it is Sophie the expensive clothes horse... Mail at its best as usual -.-

its not for anybody really to moan about this, but Sophie does indeed seem to wear a lot of very expensive clothes. To me, I also don't see her reuse her clothes as much as she possibly could.

Who pays for her clothes? If she and Edward are paying for them then it's really not for anyone else to comment about it.

LaRae

Who pays for her clothes? If she and Edward are paying for them then it's really not for anyone else to comment about it.

LaRae

It is the couple themselves, supported by the Queen from Duchy of Lancaster funding.

Then the only person who (should have) has anything to say about it would be the Queen.

LaRae

its not for anybody really to moan about this, but Sophie does indeed seem to wear a lot of very expensive clothes. To me, I also don't see her reuse her clothes as much as she possibly could.

Right, she really don't recycle much. Anne could teach her a few things about recycling ;)

Sophie might not recycle her clothes as much as some members of the family (I mean, Anne takes recycling to new heights :D), but she absolutely does recycle plenty of her clothes, and more often than we probably even realize, as not all of her engagements and such necessarily get press coverage. If she has the money to spend on the clothes, and that's how she wants to spend it, then more power to her. She looks great most of the time, and I enjoy seeing her dressed stylishly, as she didn't seem much interested in fashion during the first few years of her marriage (and the media certainly had plenty say about that, too!)

Sophie has lost a lot of weight and really come into her own IMO she was a bit frumpy I have to say prior to 2011 and now she looks great she buys well recycles and is hardworking IMO I am not sure what that article is trying to say and I have read it a few times ... I think to folk in those circles it is not alot money and I think that it has to be pointed out to us it may seem a lot but it is all relative IMO of course.I will continue to really enjoy watching the Wessex family and I really like Sophie.

Last edited:

I think that she can do as she pleases with her money...

June 4:

1 2

I love this look. Great color and style.

The Countess of Couture! Inside Sophie's VERY expensive wardrobe - with its £1,925 frocks, £400 heels and bags that are made just for her-
Inside Sophie Wessex's VERY expensive wardrobe with clothes made just for her | Daily Mail Online

I must say, Sophie do have nice taste in clothing, but she don't recycle much.
First- I loved this look. Very elegant.
Second- Now I love Sophie, but 2000 pound dresses, and 400 pound shoes?:ohmy:

Well, one have to look good at all times when they're working royals. It's an expensive job. Now, people may think Sophie's clothing prices are too high, but I would think her foreign royal counterparts spends way more on their wardrobes. Those royal ladies wardrobes look overly expensive and they are much more fashion forward than the British royal ladies, IMO.

First- I loved this look. Very elegant.
Second- Now I love Sophie, but 2000 pound dresses, and 400 pound shoes?:ohmy:

The thing is, while that may seem like a lot of money to most normal folks, there are a lot of people who do pay those prices for clothes. That's just how much designer clothes cost.

Sophie, I think, has proven herself to be a dedicated member of the royal family - she seems hardworking and enthusiastic about the things she's involved in. And one of the organizations she's involved with is the London College of Fashion, of which she is patron. It would be one thing if she didn't do much and just sat about spending money on clothes, but she's spending money to look nice while she's out representing the royal family. Sophie's style has definitely evolved over the years, and I think it's really nice to see her putting her best foot forward, fashion-wise. I feel like it's part of the way she's grown into her role as a royal.

The Countess of Wessex looking good at the wedding of Carl Philip and Sofia in Stockholm today, June 13:

** Full view **

Sophie looked lovely and elegant.. I love the simple style and color.

And I will third that. This is a very 'blah' look.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Very unremarkable...meh.

LaRae

Sophie looked lovely and elegant.. I love the simple style and color.
Yet another daylight disaster. I say that because inside the church, with artificial lighting, both her gown and jewellery shone.

Based on the comments, I was kind of dreading looking at the picture of the dress but I actually quite like it. Sure, it's a very muted look, especially with that pale color, but I think it looks very classic and absolutely suits Sophie. And I'm glad to hear you say that it looked good inside the church, Marg - lighting can be so crucial, especially with evening wear!

I really liked Sophie's dress today and it was a gift to her so it's nice she wore it.

Anna N. MSO ‏@AnnieElizabethN 2h2 hours ago
Countess of Wessex's gown by Taťána Kovaříková, official gift on HRH's recent visit to Prague with thanks to @emynash

I like the style the colour doesn't do much for her but I think for a wedding it is very pretty

Yet another daylight disaster. I say that because inside the church, with artificial lighting, both her gown and jewellery shone.

I agree - i think it suffered from the daylight in the photographs. It was very elegant and showed much better inside than out. I would expect this dress to be stunning at an evening affair

Given that the dress was an official gift, I thought it was a fab use! It will not top anyone's chart, but it is a bit like the drawings your kids bring home from school. You put them on the refrigerator just because. And she was not the only royal that wore an "OK, but not bringing it" dress. That's fine, because it is about the bride at the wedding, not the guests.

It's lovely that Sophie is wearing a dress that was given to her during one of her visits. I can imagine that the people in Prague feel very pleased that she wore the dress to an important royal event. I think the dress is great and Sophie looks quite elegant. The colour suits her well. I also like her hairstyle, which with the tiara gives off quite a 1930's vibe to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom