The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style, Part 5: September 2012 - December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The coat is "big" it should be IMO a stand alone piece longer and worn as a dress not with trousers

Her dress is light and got caught in a gust of wind; there's the obligatory photo of her dress blowing up.

^Hopefully we won't get page after page talking about it

This is the first time since ages, that I am not happy at all with her outfit.
Makes her looking voluminous and the taffetta is tooo pichy puchy for her - especially on a windy day.
BYe Bine

Its a no for me.

Shirtwaister style doesn't suit her (too gathered at the waist); the lacy pattern is too fussy; the material too thin; tights and sandals are a no-no for me. Not suitable for the occasion. Closed shoes and a contrast jacket would have improved the look.

But I did like the hat

First fail in a while

Its a no for me.

Shirtwaister style doesn't suit her (too gathered at the waist); the lacy pattern is too fussy; the material too thin; tights and sandals are a no-no for me. Not suitable for the occasion. Closed shoes and a contrast jacket would have improved the look.

But I did like the hat

First fail in a while
Exactly what I was thinking, right down to the sandals! Not a good look for her and definitely not for this occasion.

Not good not bad I like the shoes and see that it is probably the attempt at a first summer outfit but I agree I am not crazy about it but I don't hate it.

I think a lot of thought went into this. It's very ethereal - even the hat has a weightless feel to it. It's pretty, but does not take attention away from the star of the day. I bet that on a still day we would be loving the look.

Anna - any leads on that hat yet? I like the small sized box, that's not the same old same old we see everywhere.

I only liked the hat. The rest of the ensemble is awkward.

Last edited:
The hat was lovely and the dress was ok but not for this event IMO. The sandals ruined the entire look for me.

I don't mind the hat but the rest of the outfit wasnt very flattering.

On a side note, does Louise only own black shoes? I light coloured pair would have been so much nicer.

I do wish she'd dress Louise is something a BIT more modern. Just had to put that out there, now I feel better. :flowers::flowers:

Dress was Bruce Oldfield and hat by JaneTaylor

I liked her hat, but I don't think the dress and sandals were right for this occasion. Lady Louise just looks so bleh. She needs some color.

:previous:

I think that using the Forumto criticise the clothes of a9 year old is a bit OTT. They grow up and get criticised soon enough.

Sophie looked OK. I love Louise's dress and cardigan. The shoes are a bit chunky for the look, but if she's comfortable, then whatever.

I really love it!! Ethereal, delicate, beautiful and classic hat, and so appropriate for early summer. Plus, so on-trend with the lace.

I liked Sophie's dress, hat and hairstyle but hated her shoes. I love Louise's dress but a bit disappointed that it is a repeat from the Diamond Jubilee service. She looks so much more grown up that last June though!

Lady Louise

I think that it is quite wise for Lady Louise to be dressed in a rather old-fashioned and unstylish way. She doesn't need to have attention directed to her at her age, and being very un-modish is helpful toward that end.
She's pretty, though, and her hair is a lovely color.

Really disliked the dress. A rare fail for Sophie. The hat is okay, but I'm a little surprised about the shoes. I thought open-toed shoes during royal "events" was a no-no? I have no idea where I read this so it's possible someone was pulling my leg.

Louise is cuter than a basket full of puppies.

Louise looks nice.

Sophie looks too frilly for a church service. The dark undergarments and the buttons in the front with the belt make the dress look too tight and looks like her bossoms are at her waist.

The open toe high heel sandals match the dress but not the occasion.

Basketfull of puppies! I love that. Louise did look so cute, as she always does. She is so TALL. Scary to think she'll be 10 this year. She was technically at the 50th Coronation anniversary as Sophie was pregnant, so she's been to two! :D

I hate Sophie's shoes, particularly with tights. I don't understand what she thought when she woke up this morning and thought it would be an ok look. Meh. I loved her dress and hat though.

I hate Sophie's shoes, particularly with tights.

And yet, I really liked her shoes; i thought her legs looked great; the dress being a good length for her, as she is not particularly tall. Didn't like the neckline, though; a bit informal.

Won't it be interesting to see Louise when she becomes a teenager? She's got such stunning hair, and she will probably be quite tall.

Loved the outfit except the droopy bustline, they did seem at her waist!
What a lovely, feminine look, and she did look well paired with her daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom