The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style, Part 5: September 2012 - December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want her figure and she's a lot older than me! She looks fantastic!

Sorry to strike a discordant note but I think the hat is ridiculous. What is it with the British Royals and their headwear - so many times the hat or fascinator ruins a lovely look. I'm not sure about the back of Sophie's dress either, but I love this colour on her and the hairstyle.

Sophie looks amazing! Not only does she look amazing in her outfit but her body looks great

I like the outfit from the front (well minus the hat), but hate it from the back. The back of the skirt just looks way too tight.

Last edited:
I don't like the back view, either, nor the zipper running down full length. But the color is absolutely beautiful; that would have been a great color for Louise as well. She needs a brighter coat like her mom's.

personally i don't like all the zips, didn't see the zips on the sleeves or the skirt from the front but from the back it looks a bit, well, cheap.

The outfit certainly wasn't cheap, haha! The dress itself is £1550, so god knows how much the jacket cost. I love the colour and the design. I think the design is meant to be very figure hugging. Sophie just seems to be embracing the fact that she is pretty trim.

I wish Louise had a brighter colour on, like red or blue.

Sophie, Countess of Wessex brings colour to Easter Sunday service in fitted Royal blue outfit with racy exposed zip - Mail Online

Perhaps it was a bit "inappropriate" for Church as it was extremely figure hugging and had a "racy zip" but I LOVE the colour.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love it she looks amazing .. the colour is lovely on her love the hat .. love it all.

The outfit certainly wasn't cheap, haha! The dress itself is £1550, so god knows how much the jacket cost. I love the colour and the design. I think the design is meant to be very figure hugging. Sophie just seems to be embracing the fact that she is pretty trim.

I wish Louise had a brighter colour on, like red or blue.

Haha i should have added that it was almost certainly massively expensive. Does anyone know where it was from?

Haha i should have added that it was almost certainly massively expensive. Does anyone know where it was from?

Roland Mouret. :flowers:

Sophie looks amazing and I've seen people wear worse to church.

She looks great the color is fantastic . I even like the hat she is covered up so I think it looks appropriate for church. She seems to be trying more designer pieces that show off her figure.

Love it- even the hat, and I don't usually like such interesting creations.The only thing I might change is the zipper up the rear.....

Sophie looks absolutely stunning in that blue outfit.
The hat - which, under normal circumstances, I would probably hate - completes the ensemble nicely.

Sophie's, Countess of Wessex, ensemble was a perfect choice. I liked strong colour. The hat added a whimsical touch to the look. However, I wish the jacket sleeves did not have zips.

Last edited:
I think the Countess is undoubtedly THE best dressed female member of the British Royal family...

Minus the hat, she looks fantastic! The color is gorgeous. One of her best looks.

I think that Sophie looks great in her Easter attire. The color definitely suits her, and even though I'm not a fan of a lot of zippers (especially ones that go that far down), I will say, they add a sort of pizzaz to the whole look.

She certainly has a figure that many 48 yr old mothers of 2 would envy.

She certainly has a figure that many 48 yr old mothers of 2 would envy.

That is so true. I hope I look half as good as Sophie does when I am nearing the big 5-0. The photo of her from the side just shows how slim she is, it's great. She obviously exercises as there is no way she would obtain that trim figure simply by eating a good diet.

I think the zips make it look quite sexy, though that is not really the look you'd really be going for at Church. It is such a beautiful ensemble though, Sophie really is a stunning woman and looks no where near her age. I want her secrets.

I like the Color and the fit of the outfit. I think the back view shows that she has a great figure, but I really don't like zippers running up the back like that. I even like the hat. Overall she looks great

If she keeps this up she will outshine Kate:whistling:

Sophie looks fantastic, from the shoes to the hat:)

She looks great! And I actually like her hat/headpiece with the outfit. Blue is great color for her.

I think Sophie looked absolutely stunning in that outfit! I think the hat is wonderful. Perhaps the outfit is more suited to Ascot than Church on Easter Sunday, but she still looks marvellous.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that Sophie's entire outfit is smashing and she looks wonderful!

Great outfit, minus the back zip. Better suited to the Ascot outing than Easter service but still ok.

I personally do not think that Sophie is in competition with Kate or anyone else; I think that she wants to look the best that she can for herself as well as her husband. I feel that she is dressing age appropriate, that back zipper was a bit risqué but it was still age appropriate.

And in all honesty, the younger royals do dress rather maturely on a whole, except Zara. JMO!

Sophie has definitely enjoyed a style transition over the last number of years - which is great to see as before many of her choices were bland illfitting and often frumpy. Now she has found designers and a look that works well for her and she is finally shining. Her hair and makeup are much softer and have helped her in this makeover.
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Flashback Friday: Sophie's Transformation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom