The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style, Part 5: September 2012 - December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sophie looks so comfy in her clothes today. The trousers are a bit "out there" but Sophie likes that style.

I like the trousers. They have a nice print and look comfortable yet dressy. I think that the blouse is too "evening", though. A simpler design would have suited the occasion better. Still, I think she looks very good.:flowers:

My thoughts exactly, Mermaid. But all in all, she looks very pretty and feminine.

I'm not a big fan of the slacks, but I really like the top. Sophie looks nice.

I'm afraid I'm not a fan of any of these looks. I don't care for the print on the green outfit or the print dress she wore in the evening. Her hair looks pretty and she has such a lovely smile.

Sophie in Kolkata, India on September 20, wearing a green and white dress and a grey jacket:

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

Yesterday, September 19, she first wore a white top and pants, in the evening she chose a dress with a strong print:

** Full view outfit 1 ** Full view Dress ** Upper part Dress **

I don't mind Sophie's white dress, it's quite nice and I like the patterns on it. Her shoes are nice too and I like her jacket. Yesterday's first outfit is OK, I like the colour of her trousers. I wasn't keen on her dress though, the pattern is a bit busy for my taste.

I was never a huge fan of the dress she wore today with the grey jacket. I prefer the dress she wore the previous evening. I like that she is wearing her hair longer, but because it's been dyed blonde for so many years the ends are now looking quite dry. I am not saying she needs to not dye it blonde, as I am not sure how she would look with brown hair. I just mean the ends need a trim or something to help the dry look.

I'm not a fan of any of the dresses, but the slacks and the blouse are all right.

Sophie at a reception in Kolkata on September 20, wearing a nice Indian inspired blouse and white pants:

** Full view **

And today, September 21, elegant in a white dress and jacket at a conference in Kolkata:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Love the white and the blouse well I guess it's hot but not my thing I have to say...

I enjoy Sophie's fashion choices in recent years. They are always interesting - sometimes suiting her figure - but she has a " polished" style.

The last two outfits are lovely. The tunic with white slacks looks very comfortable, but still appropriate for a reception. The white dress with blazer is a very polished, and professional appearance.

I love both outfits like the pants actually not usually something I really like that much and the shoes are the Jimmy Choos... cute.

The Countess of Wessex on her first day in Qatar today, September 22, wearing a combination in white and blue that looks great in that scenery and wearing a combination in red:

** Outfit 1 Full view ** Outfit 1 Upper part ** Outfit 2 Full view **

Sophie looks quite elegant in the first photo. Lovely. I agree, her white and blue outfit suits the background. Her scarf is a nice touch to the outfit IMO. I also like her red outfit. Red seems to look good on most royals, and it also looks good on Sophie.

I like her Indian style blouse she wore on the 21st. I don't mind her trousers and I'm not sure why, but there's something about her shoes that I'm not too sure about. Her white suit is very nice, however.

Red suite Sophie. Hope this visit brings some gifts of jewellery :)

Loved the green and white outfit. Loved the white outfit. The strongly printed dress made my eyes hurt. Did not like the Indian inspired outfit. Loved the white one.
White and blue. So elegant. Perfect. Like a postcard. Red- Stunning. Best so far.

I've lost track of what's she's wearing!! Some I didn't care for, liked some parts of outfits, others, not so much....

Hereditary Princess, what is wrong with her shoes is that they are pointy, and that's so old fashioned most of the members of the RF probably never saw pointy pumps before.
I got over complaining about high heels, since I realize these royals wear very expensive shoes engineered to be worn without too much foot damage. But when it comes to pointy toed pumps, be warned: there is no escape from bunions! Your surgery is scheduled.

Hereditary Princess, what is wrong with her shoes is that they are pointy, and that's so old fashioned most of the members of the RF probably never saw pointy pumps before.
I got over complaining about high heels, since I realize these royals wear very expensive shoes engineered to be worn without too much foot damage. But when it comes to pointy toed pumps, be warned: there is no escape from bunions! Your surgery is scheduled.

I know foot damage is your thing, but some women wear lovely shoes their whole life with no trouble. My boss is a woman executive in her sixties who still wears lovely shoes that I'd kill to own, with no apparent discomfort.

:previous: I agree with you; there are some lovely shoes available.

That's probably it- I'm not too keen on pointy shoes. However in general, Sophie looked very nice. :)

See, I love pointed hells. I think they look much smarter, and Sophie has some amazing pointed heels. Her black Jimmy Choo's being one pair that I love.

See, I love pointed hells. I think they look much smarter, and Sophie has some amazing pointed heels. Her black Jimmy Choo's being one pair that I love.

Molly...was that a slip on the keyboard or something else!?! Regardless...ROTFLOL as that's exactly how I view them. Thanks for the laugh. :)

I still haven't seen the pointy shoes you all seem to be discussing... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom