The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style, Part 4: May 2012 - September 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 4 of the thread for the Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style!

You can find the old thread here:

** The Countess of Wessex's Fashion & Style, Part 3: June 2011 - May 2012 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

I love the coat! It's so chic and elegant. However the hat is awful!

I'm sorry to say I hate everything about that look. I could almost deal with the hat but the coat is horrible. I don't like the shape, the giant collar, or the dark buttons. It might be one of the worst things I've seen her wear.

I like the coat, it was very elegant and understated. Yet something about this look is not right for me - I think it is the hat, hair, and watch. But the earrings are lovely.

The countess of wessex's hat does remind you of a curling stone but I think Sophie looks nice.

The Countess of Wessex at the Chelsea Flower Show in London on May 21, wearing a dress with an
interesting print - a huge flower print I would say:

** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 ** Close up **

:previous:
Sophie looks great, the dress is beautiful :)
This dress I think first time she was wearing on diamond jubilee's trip this year :)

Sophie has worn that dress during the Caribbean tour.
I have to admit it has never been one of my favourites; the print is too busy.

I agree; the print is too busy. If it were short-sleeved, it might have looked better but it's somewhat overwhelming.

I agree that the print is a bit too busy, but Sophie still looked great. She was paricularly glowing at the Flower Show, and it was lovely to see another flower named after her. What an honour.

I love her updo AND I am glad she was not wearing her nude pumps.

I hate the print, too much for me.

The print is a bit much, so I'm not fond of the dress.

I don't like the print of the dress, I don't like the shape. I think that it overwhelms Sophie's delicate good looks.

I Think Countess Sophie Looks Nice , and The Dress Looks Nice On her .

The Countess of Wessex at the Royal Academy of Arts in London on May 23, 2012.

The colour of the dress looks great on her!

** Full view ** Upper part **

:previous: I'm not keen on either of the last two outfits but I love the hair. She has become really adept at ringing the changes and at least it is never boring. :flowers:

Sophie looks very elegant.
Absolutely love the colour of the dress and it's a nice fit. However, the top part bothers me a bit. Great shoes and hairstyle!

Beautiful fuschia shade on Sophie and great fit, but the top is just too bare for my taste. I think a short jacket over the dress would have looked good. I wish she wore a dressier watch than the sporty white band, but the shoes and hair are fabulous!

Last edited:

The Countess of Wessex at the Royal Academy of Arts in London on May 23, 2012.

The colour of the dress looks great on her!

** Full view ** Upper part **
She looks amazing! Perfect body shape, incredible dress' color and genuine smile... These are 3 winning factors for Countess....

Very elegant!

I want her shoes so badly. She has worn them several times and everytime I see them I think, "I need them in my life." I LOVE the colour of her dress, Sophie looks so stunning. Love the hairstyle and her big smile.

Regarding her watch, it may look white and sporty but I think it is one of the new Chanel watches, which aren't cheap. It may look cheap but it sure as heck isn't!

So glad she tried on this color, it's goregous! However, I don't like design of the dress.

So glad she tried on this color, it's goregous! However, I don't like design of the dress.

I'm the opposite. I like the cut of the dress but not the color. I still think the whole look is nice and a very bold choice.

Sophie attended the annual Amber Fashion Show and Charity Auction in Monaco today wearing a lovely silver dress she had worn on several occasions before, including during the Caribbean Tour.
- Complete outfit 1
- Complete outfit 2
- Side view

She looks beautiful! I like the dress, the shoes, the hairstyle - everything.
Courtesy of LadyFinn who originally posted the pictures in the 70th Grand Prix de Monaco thread.

Last edited:
Sophie attended the annual Amber Fashion Show and Charity Auction in Monaco today wearing a lovely silver dress she had worn on several occasions before, including during the Caribbean Tour.
- Full outfit 1
- Full outfit 2
- Side view

She looks beautiful! I like the dress, the shoes, the hairstyle - everything.

Nice. I just noticed how large Camilla de Bourbon's head is compared to the rest of her body in that pic where she is leaning into Sophie.

Sophie looks stunning, I love the dress, the style and colour. I love her hair style. Royal wedding handbag!

Back view of Sophie's hair: Hairstyle. I love it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom