The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style, Part 4: May 2012 - September 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just about to say, Isabelle, it's nice but straying into flight attendant territory. She seems to be in great shape, though, and very happy and comfortable.

The outfit is a bit "flight attendant" to me, but she looks nice. :)

I agree, or even office like. Sophie the secretary!

The Countess of Wessex opted for a light blue outfit tonight:
- Upper part

She has worn the dress several times before, including for this year's Royal Ascot.

Can't say I like this dress. The colour is gorgeous (I love understated), but the top part looks ill-fitting both in today's pictures and the ones from Ascot.
Plus, Sophie earns a big frown from me for failing to include a brooch this time: as far as I'm concerned a royal outfit without proper jewellery is a failure by default. ;)
Good point about the brooch. I like the dress, love the colour and cut, but her bra is awful. She looks like a sagging old lady or her mother in law. There is no need to look 80 when you are 40.

In soft dresses like this the bra is everything. With a brooch and a better bra, slightly padded and uplifting, she'd look like a major knockout.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the top part of the outfit, but the skirt and heels make it look a bit stuffy for the outing. I would have liked to have seen a pair of white pants instead. Other than that, she looks really nice.

To me the outfit screams 'teacher' and is bait too formal for the event, but boy, is Sophie rocking it! Love the patriotic touch, especially with the kids' t-shirts :D.

I think Sophie looked great today, if a tad "flight attendant", but I think that may be because of her scarf. I do like her look though, she looked lovely and it was lovely to see the whole Wessex family out in force today, especially the kids with their Team GB t-shirts.

Those are her LK Bennet shoes, one of her many favourite shoes which she wears a lot. They must be comfy as most of the British Royal women have LK bennet wedges.

Love the white and red oufit. I just don't like the shoes.

I like her blazer and scarf combo better than the DOC. Very trendy red blazer, love the cut of it. Nice way she wore the scarf too. Dislike the wedges.

For the 2012 Paralympic Ball at Grosvenor House Hotel in London today, September 5, 2012 Sophie has recycled the dress she has worn at the Monaco F1 Grand Prix Gala Evening in May:

** Full view ** Upper part ** May 27, 2012 **

The colour and style of the dress suit Sophie a lot. Love the hairstyle and makeup as well.
This said, I wish Sophie wore better support underneath because the silhouette just doesn't look right, although better than in May.

Last edited:
Sophie looks beautiful, I think the colour of the dress is perfect for her. I feel if she wasn't smiling, the ensemble would not look half as good! Her smile adds extra points.

She looks stunning in that dress! Love the color. The hairstyle is great also.

I love the dress but I don't like the hair in the side bun. It's takes the focus away from her face and dress.

Last edited:
Amazing dress and looks wonderful on her :flowers:

I love the whole look. Absolutely beautiful.

It's just great on her .. looks as wonderful as the last time she wore it.

The Earl and Countess alway's just look so happy and lovely together,

The colour and style of the dress suit Sophie a lot. Love the hairstyle and makeup as well.
This said, I wish Sophie wore better support underneath because the silhouette just doesn't look right, although better than in May.
ITAthat the support looks much better this time around.

:previous:
She looks amazing in red :flowers::flowers::flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom