The Countess of Wessex's Fashion & Style, Part 3: June 2011 - May 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The outfit is nice but the hat is horrendous!

She looks lovely, but the hat is too big IMO ;) :)

Too much with the hat, but everything else is very appropriate and elegant. The solid color of the jacket balances out the dots on the dress.

Phew, that is an expensive handbag. What on Earth do they need to carry in them anyway?

I love Sophie's dress and jacket combo, and I am so glad she wore black shoes! Black shoes are so much sophisticated. I am not a fan of the hat really, but it looks great on Sophie. She makes them work, and I love her hairstyle. The images of Harry and Sophie giggling because he did not know which cheek to kiss due to her hat were funny.

Sophie does look quite tired in the images. I was thinking she's now probably going to go to France to join Edward for their annual skiing trip. Jealousy does not even come CLOSE to how I feel about that, haha.

There is a part of me that likes outrageous hats, though I couldn't/wouldn't wear them myself. However, I am starting to wish that Sophie would wear one on the top of her head instead of attached to the side. They make me think the hat is hanging on her ear.

I like the dress with the jacket, adore the handbag, the hairstyle is perfect, but enough with these fascinators, Darling Sophie... We've had some fun, time to move on.

I love her hats and she always recycles so if the first time they look odd a second or third will always change my mind. The little bag is expensive I agree but Sophie always seems to make her bags last for years and I guess this one will be the same.

She Looks Beautiful , The Outfit Nice and Suitable On her , I Like The Most Her Bag So Chic , Thank you iceflower .

The hat is gorgeous. One of Treacy's styles that I adore (worn to the side, with a big feather, flower etc. as highlight). Not many can wear them well, Sophie can.

I love Sophie's look for the Memorial Service, even if it did look a bit "office-worky". She wore the dress well, it was a great fit. The hat, I am not a HUGE fan of, but Sophie wears them well, they are her signature style. Her hairstyle, as always, looks great.

How does she (a) fit in a car and (b) go through a doorway?

The Countess of Wessex at the traditional Easter Sunday service at Windsor Castle today, April 8,
looking great in pink and this time with a hat in a more normal size ;):) The outfit is recycled, she
has worn it before for example at the Christmas Day service at Sandringham on December 25, 2005.

** Full view ** Side/Back view ** Upper part ** Close up ** 2005 **

I've always liked this coat. It reminds me of the part of the documentary The Royal Family at Work (I think?) where Sophie's visiting a centre for the blind and describes the coat to an elderly blind lady and lifts her hand so she can feel the detailing around the neckline. It was really touching.

I've always liked this coat. It reminds me of the part of the documentary The Royal Family at Work (I think?) where Sophie's visiting a centre for the blind and describes the coat to an elderly blind lady and lifts her hand so she can feel the detailing around the neckline. It was really touching.

:previous:
Yup
You're right. I love it too
Here is the video starts after 4:10
Monarchy The Royal Family at Work Part 3 of 7 - YouTube

Althought it is a repeat, I do really like this coat. I think it is a very good fit, and nice that she keeps clothes for years. Of course she had the old faithfuls on her feet. I wasn't too sure if I liked her hat to begin with, but it grew on me. Anything she wore would have looked great, mainly because it was paired with Lady Louise's attendance!

Love that color on her but I don't love the style of the coat.

Countess of Wessex Looks Very Nice , I Like her hat , Thank you for posting iceflower

Beautiful color and I like the pleats on the coat. I don't think I care for the exaggerated brim on the hat, but I love the feather embellishment. I actually like the 2005 style hat better.

Last edited:
Such a pretty color on Sophie, I love the diagonal pleating detail too!

I absolutely love this look, Sophie looks gorgeous. :)
The coat is very beautiful and the colour suits Sophie.
And the biggest surprise - the hat actually resembles one; not the usual satellite dishes she so likes. Goes on nicely with the rest of the look too.

I do love the coat. The color and the style are quite lovely.

Absolutely love this coat and the hat - she looks brilliant!!

The dusty rose is a perfect color for Sophie and Easter.
I'm sorry to say my second impression was that she needed more support up top, especially compared to the 2005 image.

Hello all - if this has been posted or discussed before, please just point me in the right direction!

I have a question about Sophie's hair. I love the ponytail/bun she has been wearing quite often since the royal wedding last April. I know that she has been growing her hair out, but I did not think that her hair was long enough (especially at the wedding) to wear it pulled back in that fashion. Does anyone know/think that it is a hair clip? I think it is really flattering on her, and if clips exist, I would love to try one.

Thanks for any info!

Amy

Last edited:

The Countess of Wessex at an event in Swanage on April 26, wearing a black female suit
with white side parts on the skirt - looks interesting:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Lady Karen said:
Hello all - if this has been posted or discussed before, please just point me in the right direction!

I have a question about Sophie's hair. I love the ponytail/bun she has been wearing quite often since the royal wedding last April. I know that she has been growing her hair out, but I did not think that her hair was long enough (especially at the wedding) to wear it pulled back in that fashion. Does anyone know/think that it is a hair clip? I think it is really flattering on her, and if clips exist, I would love to try one.

Thanks for any info!

Amy

I think it is a hair clip...although a closely- matched one.

http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010100021C13331113951555501

The color and texture are a little different from her natural hair which IMO gives it away, however I see nothing wrong with her using a hair clip (if, in fact, she does) as it looks quite attractive. Here in California, hair clips are easily available at kiosks inside shopping malls as well as beauty supply shops and online.

.The Countess of Wessex at an event in Swanage on April 26, wearing a black female suit with white side parts on the skirt - looks interesting:
** Full view ** Upper part **
Sophie looks brilliant.
Normally, I'm not a fan of all-black ensembles; however, Sophie managed to look very elegant and professional. The whites on the side give it an interesting twist.
The Countess just looks so happy and pleased to be there - no one could possibly look bad or too sombre with that radiant smile! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom