The Countess of Wessex's Fashion & Style, Part 3: June 2011 - May 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the cut and color of Sophie's coat but wish that hat was perched more toward the front of her head; I'd like it much better at that angle. And Louise looks absolutely darling.

My thoughts exactly - the positioning of the hat isn't exactly perfect. I can't say I'm crazy about this hat - a bit too matronly for her perhaps and it reminds me of hats Viscountess Linley uses to wear. It's okay, but I'm used to more interesting and dashing hats when it comes to Sophie. I love, love the color of the outfit, with her blond hair this shade of blue looks simply fantastic!

HRH always manages to look stylish and elegant. She really has blossomed into a truly beautiful Royal.

Sophie looks elegant as always but little Louise stole the show imo.

Sophie looks elegant as always but little Louise stole the show imo.

I completely agree. Though the color and style of Sophie's coat were extremely fabulous, it's Lady Louise I was happy to see. I think this stems from the fact that we hardly see the little one, so any peak is a treat.

thanks a lot for a link! I like dress from Monaco´s wedding too. I very like a hat from photo number 3. I like especialy green pattern dress, looks very fresh. I don´t like black and white dress too.

Liked most of Sophie's looks in the West Indies, lots of neutrals in good fabrics, and tailoring. The only downer for me was the black and white formal- disliked the top thought she looked a tad bit "saggy"

I really like the silver/grey dress she chose the best I think. However, the rest of the outfits were lovely as well. Sophie has very good taste, and always looks simple and elegant.

Another downer for me was the gold dress, the last in the photo series. From the waist up it looked fine, but the bottom half was too baggy and looked like a dust ruffle. I thought the beige day ensemble with her hat was very nice, but didn't care for the black flower with the white evening dress. And while I liked her use of prints for a tropical touch, I didn't care for some of them. I really wasn't blown away by her clothing, but liked her hair.

Last edited:
Some of the outfits worn by the Countess of Wessex were absolutely beautiful:
- The colourful green dress
- The elegant cream ensemble
- The stunning silver dress

The others I don't particularly care for, especially:
- The dowdy dress that doesn't compliment Sophie's figure at all.
- The black evening dress that would have looked lovely had it not been for the black details.
- The gold dress which could have looked fantastic if it fitted properly, especially the lower part. Love Sophie's hair though.
- The too busy looking dress with the hat that looks ridiculous and doesn't go with the outfit at all, doesn't help either.
- The print ensemble that isn't particularly wrong; the skirt and blouse separately are quite nice. However, the combination of two prints in conflicting colour, and the addition of the third colour in the form of the clutch just doesn't work for me. The blouse and the skirt would have looked fantastic combined with a solid colour piece.

Last edited:
:previous:

My favorite among her outfits here may be the cream one, it's the second you did post. And I might be in a minority, but I also liked the black evening dress. I thought it had a nice neckline, pretty soft & feminine appearing. The rest didn't impress me that much. I think Sophie can actually do much better. :)

Last edited:
All in all, she looked very fresh in her dresses. I liked most of her choices!

... I think Sophie can actually do much better. :)
I agree. Sophie has a great figure and colouring - she can pull off any outfit. Mind you, I am a great admirer of her style; it's understated but usually very elegant.

Some of the outfits worn by the Countess of Wessex were absolutely beautiful:

Thank you for providing individual pictures. The green dress and the silver dress are absolutely divine. The gold gown is a bit much.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am suprised that no one has updated Sophie's fashion choices in the West Indies.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Random Royal Appreciation: Sophie in the West Indies

My favorite one is the repeat dress she wore at the Monaco wedding.She looks very classy.I also like the polka dot dress.Not a fan of the black and white dress.I don't think it works for her.All in all,I am not really impressed by her fashion choices so far.

Some really nice outfits. Her style has taken so long to be so good. Her outfits look flattering, fresh and her age. I quite liked the green silk printed dress and the black & cream dress.

Now, don't argue girls; most probably, it was a joint creation of a zebra and a snow leopard. And a blind stylist. ;)

I agree. I find that, when I look at this picture, my eyes are going: top-skirt,top-skirt,top-skirt,top-skirt--like they're watching a small, upright tennis match. My eyes don't know where to focus. Very strange effect. The top needs a plain skirt or at least one in the same pattern as the top.

- The print ensemble that isn't particularly wrong; the skirt and blouse separately are quite nice. However, the combination of two prints in conflicting colour, and the addition of the third colour in the form of the clutch just doesn't work for me. The blouse and the skirt would have looked fantastic combined with a solid colour piece.

:previous:Yep, it always pays to look twice; that's a much better outfit! Thanks for the clearer photo.

I think it is a solid skirt. Those are watermarks on the photo - you can see they extend all over the background.
Here's a clearer picture of the outfit.

Thanks A LOT for posting that picture. :flowers:
It's quite a relief to realise that was a watermark and not Sophie going blind even if it does mean I need to check my eyesight!
As we all suspected, the outfit looks wonderful with a solid skirt.

Last edited:
Now, don't argue girls; most probably, it was a joint creation of a zebra and a snow leopard. And a blind stylist. ;)

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Thanks A LOT for posting that picture. :flowers:
It's quite a relief to realise Sophie that was a watermark and not Sophie going blind even if it does mean I need to check my eyesight!
As we all suspected, the outfit looks wonderful with a solid skirt.

Oh, that is a much better look. Whew :D.

Now, don't argue girls*2; most probably, it was a joint creation of a zebra and a snow leopard. And a blind stylist.*1 ;)
*1- Hear, hear!:cheers:
*2- Daria and I argue, perish the thought! :eek::ohmy:The day we do, :pigsfly: I imagine! ( BTW, I know you were just having a joke, I get it.... no worries, but be warned I like to tease back!:)) All in fun.....:)

Last edited:
Thank goodness those were only watermarks on her skirt.

Three more outfits worn by the Countess of Wessex:
- A sophisticated and elegant white dress
- A gorgeous polka dot black and white dress
- Little black dress paired with beige shoes and clutch

I abslutely love all three dresses, especially the white one; Sophie looks incredibly elegant wearing it. :)

The pictures were originally posted by Thain, MagMil and EllieCat in the Current Events thread.

The black dress is my favorite out of the bunch. It appears to be elegant, simple and best of all, versatile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom