The Countess of Wessex's Fashion & Style, Part 3: June 2011 - May 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People are mentioning how well Sophie is aging and I agree - but Edward, too - like some men have a tendency to do - also looks pretty unchanged in these pictures. He could be in his late twenties or early thirties IMO.

I forgot about that lovely dress from the reception at Monaco; it's lovely! It is different from the wedding outfit, mainly because of the bow at the front. How many dresses does this woman own?! I am jealous. Those nude heels that all the Royal family seem to own are definitely getting good wear - Sophie wore them again yesterday!

I agree Tyger - Edward has aged very well. He's in his late 40's, yet he looks very good for his age. I think he has done well to not put on weight, which I feel Andrew has done thus aging him a lot. Edward has aged the best out of his siblings. Edward was always the better looking of the Queen's children, and we all know the Windsor family are not know for it's handsome looks! Edward got lucky in the sense that he ended up resembling his mother, as Princess Elizabeth was stunningly beautiful in her early years. All the attractive genes have come from the outsiders (Diana, Sophie, Catherine etc.) The next generation are going to be much better looking I feel. The men did well to pick beautiful woman, haha!

Last edited:
I forgot about that lovely dress from the reception at Monaco; it's lovely! It is different from the wedding outfit, mainly because of the bow at the front. How many dresses does this woman own?! I am jealous. Those nude heels that all the Royal family seem to own are definitely getting good wear - Sophie wore them again yesterday!

I agree Tyger - Edward has aged very well. He's in his late 40's, yet he looks very good for his age. I think he has done well to not put on weight, which I feel Andrew has done thus aging him a lot. Edward has aged the best out of his siblings. Edward was always the better looking of the Queen's children, and we all know the Windsor family are not know for it's handsome looks! Edward got lucky in the sense that he ended up resembling his mother, as Princess Elizabeth was stunningly beautiful in her early years. All the attractive genes have come from the outsiders (Diana, Sophie, Catherine etc.) The next generation are going to be much better looking I feel. The men did well to pick beautiful woman, haha!

:previous: well done Molly .It's well said :) just agree with you, like always :cheers: :rose:

:previous:
Yes, very elegant and looks very good :)
Here is pic

It is really beautiful,classy and elegant and I adore the silver colour,I guess it is Dupion-silk or Shantung silk, a very pretty material:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the same dress she wore to the May banquet, yes? It does look lovely, though I gotta admit I am not loving the colour. The style is beautiful and suits her, but I am not keen on the pale pinkish shade it is. However, I am glad she has her hair up again. I definitely like Sophie's hair now she can wear it up more.

The Countess of Wessex at Ascot racecourse, Berkshire, today, September 30, wearing an
unusual white dress and looking great. Can't imagine any other royal lady wearing it :)

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

I love it! Didn't she just wear it at that college fashion show?

She is the wife of a prince and so why was she made countess and not princess because she plays the part perfectly.

She is the wife of a prince and so why was she made countess and not princess because she plays the part perfectly.

Are you genuinely asking why Sophie is not a Princess? In England women who marry Princes do not automatically become a Princess (one exception was Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester who was made a Princess on the death of her husband, the Duke of Gloucester, mainly to differentiate between herself the new Duchess of Gloucester.) If the man they marry has a Royal title (Duke, Earl etc.) they then take the highest female title equivalent (Duchess, Countess etc.). If, however, their husband has no Royal title other than Prince, then they become Princess "Insert Husband's Name Here" (e.g Prince Michael of Kent's wife is called Princess Michael.) Sophie is officially The Princess Edward, but uses the female title of her husband's highest title, Earl of Wessex.

If you were not genuinely asking why Sophie was not a Princess, I now look like a right fool, haha.

It's different and I like it, she wears it well. Love her sunglasses as well.

I really like this outfit,Sophie has really blossomed and can usually be relied on to wear something both interesting and increasingly flattering. Iceflower, I agree, few Royal ladies ( certainly British) would wear it - Princess Caroline perhaps?

Are you genuinely asking why Sophie is not a Princess? In England women who marry Princes do not automatically become a Princess (one exception was Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester who was made a Princess on the death of her husband, the Duke of Gloucester, mainly to differentiate between herself the new Duchess of Gloucester.) If the man they marry has a Royal title (Duke, Earl etc.) they then take the highest female title equivalent (Duchess, Countess etc.). If, however, their husband has no Royal title other than Prince, then they become Princess "Insert Husband's Name Here" (e.g Prince Michael of Kent's wife is called Princess Michael.) Sophie is officially The Princess Edward, but uses the female title of her husband's highest title, Earl of Wessex.

If you were not genuinely asking why Sophie was not a Princess, I now look like a right fool, haha.

I don't know if she was genuinely asking why, but thanks for the explanation anyways!

It's a safe look although it seems a bit matronly to me. Nevertheless, the hairdo and make-up look wonderful!

Her smiles is the best feature. Sophie looks genuinely happy to be there - either that or she is a good actress. I feel that she has cut her hair as it definitely looked longer a few weeks ago, especially when she was at Drayton Manor. Bit disappointing really as she really suits her hair that bit longer.

I could never be blonde haired, you have to dye it so regularly!

Last edited:
I like the color of the dress but not the dress it self.

It looks like a two-piece dress in the close-up pic. It looked more like one piece in the longer shot, and I liked it more that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom