The Countess of Wessex's Fashion & Style, Part 3: June 2011 - May 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the hat too! The color is nice on her but I'm not sure how I feel about the top portion of the outfit.

:previous:The Countess has really picked up her game this year. Gorgeous clothes, nice tan, good hair, more jewelry etc...I love it!!!!!:previous:
She is my best guest pick of Zara's wedding..........perfection!

I must agree Sophie has been at the TOP of her game this year when it comes to stepping out. She has been in my top 5 in all of her offical appearences this year. I loved what she had on at Prince Alberts wedding & once again she came to play again today. Props to sophie.

Sophie looked quite fabulous at Zara's wedding. Love the outfit and the hat. She gets extra points for being able to navigate those cobble stones in those extremely high heels. Well done.

Sophie has looked just amazing this summer her obvious hard work has really paid off and all her choices have complemented her figure and the colours have been just perfect. At this wedding very nice has she has tan from the hols.. love the hat the shoes are goregous major envy at her navigating skills.

Stunning as always, can't fault her.

Her shoes were exceptionally high! I also envy her ability to walk on the cobbles in them, though she did ask Edward for assistance! You can see as they walk in she obviously says something about taking his arm and he gives it to her. Quite sweet really.

I can't fault Sophie, she looked brilliant. I much prefer her with hats when she has her hair up, it looks much better. I often forget she's 46!

Image + image2- what a beautiful shots of Sophie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joining the above opinions, I have to say that Sophies, Countess of Wessex, looked gorgeous. A soft colour complimented her complexion.

Sophie, I think the wedding is the most stylish lady. Color, pattern, hat, style, selection is very successful.

Love the color, love the outfit, dislike the hat.

Yes indeed! My Fair Lady pose! Still not digging the hat, but Sophie's elegance, and beautiful smile make up for it...

Last edited by a moderator:
Darn, this woman is ever so pretty. Definitely best dressed, IloveCP.

Sophie's overall look is wonderful. The soft flowing skirt compliments nicely the crumpled jacket which is an interesting fabric. I also love the large neckline of the jacket.

The Countess of Wessex dress was Bruce Oldfield and her hat was Jane Taylor
pic

I absolute love how she looks at Zara's wedding! Stunning!

Love the color, love the outfit, dislike the hat.

Yes indeed! My Fair Lady pose! Still not digging the hat, but Sophie's elegance, and beautiful smile make up for it...

Which picture shows the 'My Fair Lady' pose? I'm now rather intrigued. You said it perfectly, Sophie's elegance and smile are a great part of her persona, and make up for any slight glitches in her attire (though I don't mind the hat this time around, and I'm not a hat person).

These are the My Fair Lady shots Daria.

Thank you :flowers:. Love when a Broadway musical reference makes an appearance (even if I'm quite clueless about what exactly the said reference is talking about).

That pose just made me think of the Ascot scene in My Fair Lady. No idea why.
Sophie looks nothing like Audrey Hepburn did.

That pose just made me think of the Ascot scene in My Fair Lady. No idea why.
Sophie looks nothing like Audrey Hepburn did.

It may be due to her demeanor, or smile. I haven't seen that film in ages, so couldn't really pin point too well.

Oh yes, Sophie was certainly come a long and does look more and more glamorous by the day. She is definitely setting a fashion trend by choosing suitable yet complimentary outfits. I do prefer the paler shades on her however she does also seem to get away with the bolder tones. This is a royal to watch.

Last edited:

Yes she has recently been dressing so much better and almost all he latest looks have been winners. I wonder if she has finally gotten her self a stylist or just decided to take it up a level when it comes to dressing.

I would love to see her in some stronger colors like navy, royal blue, plum etc as she did pull off that grey dress well. Pale colors do look good but head to toe can wash her out a bit. I also think she will look better in softer fabric gowns instead of a stiff fabric like the red gown.

:ermm::previous: Well I am not going to be picky. She has turned in a masterly performance representing her country overseas at weddings and such. Her outfits for the Monaco wedding were absolutely perfect and those for her nephew and niece's respective weddings, absolutely peerless.

Instead of a mid-life crisis she seems to have gained her second wind so to speak, and we are all left speechless because we didn't see it coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom