The Countess of Wessex's Fashion & Style, Part 2: May 2010 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today the Swedish Government hosted a dinner at Eric Ericsson hall, Skeppsholmen, in honour of Saturdays wedding between Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Mr Daniel Westling

Outfit
Better photo
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/prev/20825802.jpg
I like this dress, color nad jewelery details on shoulders and on waist.
Wedding

Outfit

Edit: Better photo

I like the color but the cut is boring. I adore the hairstyle, pity that countess choosed this tiara. I hoped to see aquamarine.

She has worn better gowns, but this one is lovely too. Great jewellery and hair!

I really liked this dress on Sophie, her hair and makeup are just right for her. Jewels.....I love that she got to borrow something from the Queen! They are perfect!

I don't know what type of fabric it is, but I like how it seems to shimmer in the first pic. Perhaps it's the angle of the photo. Her hair looks nice. Lovely necklace.

Sophie looks really nice! That's the tiara she usually wears. Isn't that her wedding tiara?

Very nice but I hate that tiara. Yikes.

It has been mentioned before, but Sophie wears her tiara too far back - she did this on her wedding day too. Nevertheless she looks pretty good I think.

Sophie looked fantastic both days! I think the second dress is a recycled one and thats okay as it's a nice dress.

I didn't like her wedding outfit.
She looked outdated.

Finally Sophie looks like a real princess. Proper jewels. If i'm not mistaken, i think i remember Diana wearing that necklace when she was pregnant with William, in a red evening dress with a white ruffle.
i thought Sophie looked just lovely at Victoria's wedding. Even though i'm not a fan of the wedding tiara i think it looked good with those other jewels and her lovely hairstyle. She does wear gray a lot, but she has delicate colouring and it does suit her. and it was good to see her wearing the sash, and the QUeen's family order.
i sometimes think our British royal family just does not measure up glamour-wise to some of the European royalty. And yet, the jewellery is there. the Queen just doesn't seem to lend it out very often, unlike QUeen Beatrix.

I agree EllieCat she looks like a real Princess and I love how she was turned out over this weekend LOVE the huge photo thanks for posting it ayvee.

yes, she did look very nice. I really like that color on her.

The blue dress she wore was okay. I liked the one at the wedding more. Overall she looked very nice. I agree she wears her tiara too far back on her head.

Was not particularly keen on either dresses that Sophie wore in Sweden and especially the wedding outfit was not a great colour on Sophie - it is a shame that she chooses to wear those grey/silver drab colours as they do her no favours considering her colouring and hair. The navy one was better was it at least had colour but was abit shapeless on her

Yes it is her wedding tiara.
Thank you for answering my question. It's lovely but I'm tired of her wearing the same tiara all the time. I wish she would wear something different. And she does wear this tiara too far back. You can barely see it in the one photo. Someone needs to tell her not to do this. She needs to show off the jewels. :lol:

THere's no way Sophie can compete with younger, taller and higher-ranked princesses (we all know who they are!) and she didn't try. SHe looked perfect at the wedding. She didn't outshine the bride (actually, no one did, Victoria looked fantastic), she was there as a member of the BRF and i believe she dressed appropriately for the occasion. SHe's not so young anymore, so thank goodness she doesn't do the 'mutton dressed as lamb' thing. Admittedly i'd like to see her a little more adventurous (although she's quite adventurous when it comes to hats!) but that's the way she is. Understated. Elegant. Appropriate. And stealing no one's thunder. Including Prince Edward. And don't you like the way whenever they're together, they lean in towards each other? Body language says they have a very happy and contented marriage. Not a whiff of scandal in all the years they've been together (since 1993 i think).

Thank you for answering my question. It's lovely but I'm tired of her wearing the same tiara all the time. I wish she would wear something different. And she does wear this tiara too far back. You can barely see it in the one photo. Someone needs to tell her not to do this. She needs to show off the jewels. :lol:

She doesn't have any jewels aside from what we've seen her wearing. The Queen isn't opening the vaults for her. If she'd be giving the real heavy-duty stuff out on loan, it would be to Camilla. Sophie is the wife of the youngest son of the monarch, hardly a position of great importance. If she was married to Charles or Andrew, maybe.

Maybe when Charles is King, she might get something to wear for the coronation or formal events that occur afterward, but we'll have to wait and see. :)

I agree EllieCat well put she is and has always tried to be understated so though I would be happy to see her in clothing that suited her age group I have always liked her and think she is someone and the style of Countess the Queen likes. She and Edward seem like a nice couple.

^^
I agree with your assessment of her understated way of dressing. She never seems to be flashy or showoff-ish.
I like her modesty and the way she always dresses appropriately for the occasion.

Sophie at the Royal Bath and West Show at Shepton Mallet, Somerset, June 2nd, 2010.

Pic 1 * Pic 2

Red and white combo looks very nice.

Nice shoes a bit boring maybe the skirt is a bit long for the look but red is a good colour on her

I like the red on Sophie, it's a very good color for her. She looks so chic with her sunglasses on.

I agree, red is her colour! ;) Nice outfit and beautiful jewels!

Sophie looks nice. Her white and black pearl drop necklace is pretty as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom