The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style, Part 10: April 2019 - November 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dress is simple and elegeant. Reminds me of Kate's.

But the furry jacket was a miss.

Lovely elegant coat. I like what I can see of her hair as well. :flowers:

Sorry not a fan of her fascinator.

The coat is lovely, and the hat looks as though it is about to fall off her head. Sophie has much better hats than this.

One other quibble is that I always prefer to see the poppy remembrance pins that are the larger, paper or silk versions, rather than when the royal ladies wear just the special jewelry versions. There's something more symbolically universal in those paper or silk versions and that resonates better to me than the jewelry versions worn alone.

:previous: I agree about the poppies, but perhaps more so as I am Canadian.

In Canada, its tradition to buy a new poppy every year (likely in part as they are very easy to lose). They are sold by the Canadian legion to raise money for the veterans every year. Restaurants and stores sell them by donation, and you see cadets in malls for a week or more selling them. As nice as a jeweled one might be, it doesn't hold the same place, but that's Canada.

In the UK, paper poppies are still very popular and are sold on behalf of the charity the Royal British Legion. In recent years, remembrance poppy jewellery has also become popular with money also going to charity, although in some cases it is a small percentage.

Sophie's jewelry poppy is either the one she gets from the Queen Alexander Nurses and she appears to be buying a new one every years. As she is the patron, she prefers to wear that one and the other badge is also her military regiment badge. She normally wears a paper poppy at with the jewelry one on engagements , unsure if she did it this year. I tend to by the paper ones - used to volunteer at the Commonwealth Graves Commission - spend lots of Armistice placing poppies on grave.

I prefer Sophie's second outfit; the scarf kind of ruins her first look IMO.

The Countess of Wessex as Patron at the Toronto Western and Toronto General Hospitals in Canada yesterday:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

And today she attended a 100WomenFinance business breakfast in Toronto:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Last edited:
The Countess of Wessex at the Women Mediators across the Commonwealth network this week, recycling an Emilia Wickstead outfit:

** Full view ** Upper part ** 2018 **

Sophie at an afternoon tea at Buckingham Palace on December 4 to mark the 20th anniversary of the Scar Free Foundation:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Last edited:
The Countess of Wessex at the service of thanksgiving for late Sir Donald Gosling at Westminster Abbey today:

Last edited:
Oh my.

It’s different I’ll give her that, I’m pretty sure she’s borrowed Camilla’s hat and dyed it over night as well.

I see Sophie has busted out her Ascot jumpsuit from this year and I still hate it.

I do like her pillbox hat though.

The Countess of Wessex at the service of thanksgiving for late Sir Donald Gosling at Westminster Abbey today:

Both the jumpsuit and the hat should be donated, perhaps used as material for a tent or something.

Both the jumpsuit and the hat should be donated, perhaps used as material for a tent or something.

Works for me! Lol

The jumpsuit is just hideous imo. I don’t get what’s appealing about pant legs that are so wide.

The hat style doesn’t suit her at all.

The hat and jumpsuit should be burnt they are truly hideous. I don't say that about many out fits actually this is the first.

I don't hate the hat, and with a different ensemble it might even work; not here, however. The jumpsuit should be burned, except I worry about the amount of air pollution that the voluminous amount of fabric would produce. The colors are great on Sophie, but the combination is truly awful.

I like the coat, the hat is ok lovely colour, but the Trousers is a no no!

I don't know who was dressed worse. The Countess or her husband. Who wears a pinstriped suit to a funeral or a blue jumpsuit to a funeral.. :-×

Eco-friendly suggestion for the jumpsuit: donate it to the Sandringham scarecrow which guards Phillip’s truffle crop.

It’s difficult to find anything positive to say about this outfit other than the colour of the coat. I have noticed how the Countess seems to favour bulky or looser fitting styles, particularly in coats and trousers. I have found her style less and less to my taste.

I don't know who was dressed worse. The Countess or her husband. Who wears a pinstriped suit to a funeral or a blue jumpsuit to a funeral.. :-×

It's not the funeral it's a memorial service. I actually liked his suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom