The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style, Part 10: April 2019 - November 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that the print is unfortunate and the matching hat just makes Princess Sophie look silly.

I think Sophie looked very nice. She seemed to start the trend for longer dress lengths for royal ladies at the race meets, and her fun floral look today was fine.

The Countess of Wessex at Ascot today, June 19, wearing a Suzannah dress:

** Pic ** Dress **

Last edited:
I love the hat .. but I don't really like the two tone dress thing Sophie does like them from time to time

Good grief is that a 1950s lampshade on her head?

Wow, Sophie's got a great figure. I really like this streamlined look on her and her hat is faintly funky/but not cray cray Ascot. I think she looks better in a lower vee neckline but I can see how that might fight the navy insert in the skirt of the dress. Most importantly she looks like she is having fun.

I loved this whole look. The hat made me smile! And that dress will look great the next times it gets worn.

The Countess of Wessex in blue at Ladies Day at Royal Ascot today, June 20:

** Full view **

I think the same thing the two ladies in back of Sophie think.

Sophie's fashion choices are perplexing this Ascot. The ensemble in question did not flatter her at all.

The Countess of Wessex in blue at Ladies Day at Royal Ascot today, June 20:

** Full view **

I absolutely adore this. It is so different and I just love the wide leg, the colour and the cherry on the top is the hat.

I'm shrieking here - that outfit is bananas (and not in a good way). :lol:

Oh, Sophie. No, no, no. Whoever convinced you that this would be a great look for Ascot has a lot to answer for.

I like the color, and I like wide legged pants. And I certainly like the material and the pleating in the pants.

I'm just not certain what went wrong here, but not a good look on Sophie.

You know, looking at this again, I think the addition of that particular hat is what caused the train to jump the tracks. Somehow, that makes it read to me a little too much like old-fashioned bell hop, rather than fashion-forward member of the BRF.

Oh, Sophie. No, no, no. Whoever convinced you that this would be a great look for Ascot has a lot to answer for.

That sums it up for me too. Oh no no no......

You know, looking at this again, I think the addition of that particular hat is what caused the train to jump the tracks. Somehow, that makes it read to me a little too much like old-fashioned bell hop, rather than fashion-forward member of the BRF.

Train to jump the tracks. :lol: That's a great line.

Maybe a wide brimmed hat in the same color would've been better? It would balance things out a little.

And it seems that Sophie, along with Meghan, has embraced the fashion trend of wearing wide legged pants that drag a little. Oh to be able to wear whatever regardless of practicality. :lol:

Train to jump the tracks. :lol: That's a great line.

Maybe a wide brimmed hat in the same color would've been better? It would balance things out a little.

I think you're on to something there.

Oh dear, this so bad in so many ways. The too wide, too long trousers do absolutely nothing for Sophie except make her look dumpy. The hat doesn't go with the outfit at all. I agree with whoever suggested a wide brim instead. I do think the color is nice but that is as positive as I can get.

Oh I'm sorry but it doesn't fit her. The ensemble looks okay but not on her. And the hat doesn't go along with the whole look.

OH dear and the pillbox !!!!!!!!Can I say I like the colour

I think this is the worst I've ever seen Sophie look.
And pants dragging along like that can be dangerous when worn with heels.
Catch the heel in the pants leg, break an ankle.
That happened to someone I know.

(Not to mention that the hems get filthy from sweeping the ground).

Well, looks like she’s being influenced by our favourite Dutch Queen. Alas, its not a good look at all and usually, Sophie looks good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom