The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style Part 1: October 2003 - May 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are reports on the news that many people are trapped in Europe because they can't get flights out due to the ash from the volcano eruption in Iceland.
I'm surprised to hear the BRF were planning on sending the Duke of Edinburgh since he doesn't normally go to these types of things. They usually send Sophie & Edward.

She looks amazing the tpo is the same style as the outfit she had about three years ago and wore to James' christening but it was a littler colour. i love the shoes .

I like that Sophie took a risk with this glitzy dress. She normally dresses so conservatively. Her shoes are to die for!

I'm not sure if I like the dress or not, but she looks faboulous!!

I love the dress and the heels are magnificent. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's good to see Sophie all glammed up for a night out. Her hair and makeup look good and those shoes are fantastic! The pics of her greeting Charlene and Albert are nice.

Guys, please don't take it upon yourselves to correct other members about the spelling of a name, it's patronising and rude.
Sophie = Sofia in the Spanish-speaking world. We all know what is meant; there's no need to score points so just leave it at that.

Thanks.

Warren
Administrator

Last edited:
Sophie's dress isn't my cup of tea (seems like a few different designs mixed in one dress), but her shoes are hot!

It really is different than the type of outfit she usually wears. But I think she looks nice overall.

Well, I'm undecided about Sophie's dress. But it does seem unanimous that her shoes are terrific!

Can someone tell me how tall Sophie is? I always thought she was tall for a woman, but in the pic of her and Charlene she looks rather short.

Sophie looks to be about 168-170 cm, which is a good height for a woman. (For Americans it's 5'6-5'7) I think Charlene is very tall for a woman even without her high heels.

Sophie attended the opening night of Ballet Central's 25th Anniversary Tour in Berkshire, Britain - 20 May 2010.

Pic1 * Pic 2 * Pic 3

Nice outfit for Sophie. It looks like a nice summery dress underneath. Pretty jewelry.

I like how the jacket ties in the front. It's different. Her clutch and shoes are nice as well.

A "typical Sophie", I'd say. Overall a nice/elegant outfit and great shoes.

A wonderful, delicate appearance once again! The colours are perfect for Sophie!

She suits this look and thank heaven she has a new bag.

The crinkled fabric of her dress isn't my cup of tea, but the overall look of her outfit is nice.
Her understated jewelry is delicate and nice as always.

Sophie looks fantastic. Her shoes look nice. Any close up pics of her shoes?
I have a question about her jewelry. Does the Queen ever loan Sophie any pieces to wear? She only seems to wear very small, simple jewelry although it is very nice.

I don't know for sure but I think the jewelry Sophie wears is her own. I can't recall her wearing anything in particular from the Queen's treasure trove. Maybe someone else would know.

Sophie looks fantastic. Her shoes look nice. Any close up pics of her shoes?
I couldn't find any close-ups of her shoes. Here's a couple more pics that show different angles of the shoes.

Pic 1 * Pic 2

I quite like the fabric of the dress - it's different.

I also noticed the fabric of her jacket is similar to the blue outfit she wore a few weeks ago:
http://i44.tinypic.com/2bs0fn.jpg
You're right, the fabric looks the same with both jackets. Good eye!
I do like the fabric of the jacket, it's only the dress I'm not keen on. It's not terrible, just not my cup of tea. Well it looks like a comfortable dress anyway.

I have a question about her jewelry. Does the Queen ever loan Sophie any pieces to wear? She only seems to wear very small, simple jewelry although it is very nice.
I think Sophie would more likely borrow jewelry from the vaults at a big event like a wedding or international gala where she is representing the Queen rather than just a daytime engagement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom