The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style Part 1: October 2003 - May 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks great here. This coat is classy and the brooch makes it a sophisticated look. :flowers: I would have just preferred it if she had worn some dark pants.

She may well have been wearing dark pants, I presume you are talking about trousers? :flowers:

I think the handbag was great, thought I do wish she wore a dress or a skirt for public engagements.

Her slacks look a little baggy but the coat is gorgeous. The purse is a real winner!

She may well have been wearing dark pants, I presume you are talking about trousers? :flowers:

I think the handbag was great, thought I do wish she wore a dress or a skirt for public engagements.

I'm really sorry, as I'm not a native English speaker I thought because it is called "harem pants" or "Capri pants" it would be quite obviously that I didn't mean her underpants.
Or is it just the American slang which I got used to while I was a student in California?

I'm really sorry, as I'm not a native English speaker I thought because it is called "harem pants" or "Capri pants" it would be quite obviously that I didn't mean her underpants.
Or is it just the American slang which I got used to while I was a student in California?

I made the comment in jest :ROFLMAO: - you were perfectky clear. It is just that here in the UK, "pants" refers to underwear, and what she was wearign would be referred to as trousers.

Is there any photo's of Sophie Countess of wessex on her fahion and style before she married? It would be nice to see the change through the years.

There aren't too many photos of her before her marriage since she pretty much stayed out of the press while she was dating Prince Edward.

The Union Jack clutch was perfect! :D I really love how she relaxes the strict outfit with this bag.

Sophie has always been elegant. Her unique style might look a bit conservative to some, but always classy and feminine!!

Thank you for sharing the photos!!

Countess of Wessex looked elegantly professional. The suit fitted her well. I like her accessories.

It is Sophie auntie it was I believe the first Royal occasion for her the wedding of Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones. The skirt was a bit tight but the over all effect was nice I thought. It is her though.

Very good choice, quite simple tailleur but definitely elegant. Well done Ma'am!

Lovely indeed. I love this colour on her, the suit is well fitting and the earrings and necklace are a simple but elegant addition. :flowers:

Sophie does look lovely and very professional in this navy suit.

Countess of Wessex looked elegantly professional. The suit fitted her well. I like her accessories.

Well said Al_Bina! :flowers: And this set of jewels looks so delicate. Couldn't have chosen anything better IMO. Wish certain CPs would look like that during official duties!

The quality of the fabric Sophie and her designers chose is really outstanding and is really only seen when the photos are quite close I do love to see all of her outfits now in this way and marvel at her ongoing ability to remain glamorous yet professional. I to loved the last suit it was exactly what I am talking about.

Sophie looks well put together in this outfit including her pretty shoes. That 3rd pic is a nice photo of her.

I think Sophie's style has evolved very well. She is usually well turned out in a smart, elegant outfit, often with a contemperory twist, possibly through her hat.

I agree she always looks so well put together. Does Sophie have a personal stylist?

I agree she always looks so well put together. Does Sophie have a personal stylist?

I doubt if she has a personal stylist, but she may be working with some personal shoppers.

I think you are correct muriel there was an article in Majesty magazine about 2 years ago which sugested exactly that so she is very careful regarding her spending.

I don't think Sophie could afford a personal stylist.

:previous: That's probably true.
Muriel what is a personal shopper? Is it similar to a personal stylist?

:previous: That's probably true.
Muriel what is a personal shopper? Is it similar to a personal stylist?

A personal shopper typically works for a larger store (say, Selfridges) and helps its "premium" customers identify potential items of clothing or homewares that may be suitable. They then share this selection with the customer who makes the final choice. There is usually no extra charge for the service.

Some of these personal shoppers work independently, and receive their financial compensation from the people they source the items of clothing from. My sense is that Sophie could be working with somebody independent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom