Sofia Hellqvist's Fashion and Style Part 2: February 2015 - June 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For everyday wear ready mades from a nicer store are a great and commendable choice but they have gowns made mostly... High street slacks and Blazers are one thing but formal wear is taking economical a bit far in my opinion

:previous: Oh, I agree with you about formal gowns. On the occasions they need to get really gussied up and wear serious bling, they need to wear something special. It's their sort of uniform for their job. For formal occasions, people expect to see them dressed up in special clothes, not something they, themselves, could nip out and buy at the local shopping mall. I suppose one of the areas of contention is defining what are "formal" occasions, since I'm guessing people have a range of views about that.

When you go to a wedding, funeral, cermony, coronation or banquets you need to look like a million dollar monarch not "OMG I have just got this ruffled teal dress on clearance. I have got to text Victoria and Maddy about it"

I think the royals can't win when Kate wears High street she is called cheap and tacky, when she wear designer and expensive jewelry people say she spends too much money. I I think Mixing expensive jewelry with lower cost clothing is fine let's be honest if the prices weren't told no one would know which was which if it matches and looks good why not.

May 17, 2015 - Sofia at her Banns of Marriage.

Not bad outfit, I just dont like the black trims especially for such an occasion and the black hat isn't pretty. Moreover, the open hair doesn't really work with the look.

Full view ** Close up

Yes i agree about the hair and the hat.

Not a good choice for Sofia. She looks very good in simple dresses. This outfit doesn't suit her. And her sausage curls aren't very flattering. The hat would have looked better if she would have had her hair up.

I thought Sophia looked 80% fantastic because it's her and CP's Banns, her suit was lovely and her shoes, divine (the jury's still out on the hat). The other 20% was OMG not another sausage curl fan. Her hairstyle was unfortunate I think. I noted a while ago that she was wearing her hair too slicked down which didn't flatter her at all and I was happy to see a return to her previous flattering hairstyle in her last official photo.

Okay, so now she knows her hair is too fine and too heavy to hold big sausage curls for any length of time without industrial strength hairspray (and even that's not a given), so this is good. It means she knows what will happen if she wears the same style at her wedding, so in a way it is a very good thing that her curls fell out.

hideous hat. Her hair seems to channel Kate's curls, but it doesn't fit her... A miss, absolutely...

That was my first thought too, Sofia was trying to pull a Kate but only ended up as bad copy. The suit with the grey trims doesnt work for me either.

I really think the style of her dress is great...the color is ok. The hat should of just been left off.

LaRae

Everything was just fine from the neck down. I don't think her fine hair takes well to curling treatment though. I think that's why we've seen it straightened and plastered down with hair product and/or spray lately. I think she would be wise to either have it cut or wear it tied back. And what was that thing on her head? But Sofia has a pretty face and a lovely smile and they both look happy, which is more important than whether her outfit is perfect and meets with the public's approval.

We need threads on which we can pick the men to pieces. I think CP's hair looked like it needed a wash, and I don't like that blue tie with a black suit, and his shoes need some attention. And shouldn't the pocket kerchief match the tie, not the shirt?

That was my first thought too, Sofia was trying to pull a Kate but only ended up as bad copy. The suit with the grey trims doesnt work for me either.

You and I had the same thought. Kate was the first thing I thought of when I saw Sofia's hair. In addition, take a look at the dress Sofia's mother is wearing and then look at the blue dress Kate wore to visit the Poppies at the Tower of London. Looks like the same dress just a different color and fabric.

I doubt Sofia is copying Kate. They are just two women of about the same age who have long, dark brown, hair. They now occupy a similar social position and will be moving in similar circles. It is only natural that they will be wearing similar sorts of clothes, so comparisons are bound to be made. But I highly doubt that Sofia is poring over the magazines looking at what Kate is wearing so she can copy her as though she were someone to look up to and emulate. I hope she's not, anyway, because they have a different type of hair and different body type. What looks good on Kate's long torso and very narrow hips is unlikely to suit Sofia.

:previous:I agree. Every time any famous woman with long dark hair curls it in a certain way is she going to be accused of copying Kate??:bang:

Kate did not invent sausage curls for long hair. I doubt very much that SH is poring over magazines trying to emulate her. They have different hair textures, different body types, height, everything.

Terrible hat. She has picked Better clothes, the black accents are not good neither is the neckline. At least she is very covered up

I thought her dress/jacket was lovely. Didn't care for the fascinator (it could've matched her dress better) or the pumps.

I doubt Sofia is copying Kate. They are just two women of about the same age who have long, dark brown, hair. They now occupy a similar social position and will be moving in similar circles. It is only natural that they will be wearing similar sorts of clothes, so comparisons are bound to be made. But I highly doubt that Sofia is poring over the magazines looking at what Kate is wearing so she can copy her as though she were someone to look up to and emulate. I hope she's not, anyway, because they have a different type of hair and different body type. What looks good on Kate's long torso and very narrow hips is unlikely to suit Sofia.

:previous:I agree. Every time any famous woman with long dark hair curls it in a certain way is she going to be accused of copying Kate??:bang:

Kate did not invent sausage curls for long hair. I doubt very much that SH is poring over magazines trying to emulate her. They have different hair textures, different body types, height, everything.
Sofia and Catherine have totally different styles of dressing, both casual and formal, so I think the "copying" only relates to the hair and only on this occasion. Although Catherine did not invent "sausage Curls" she did pinch them from the under 13-year-olds and make them horrendously de rigueur for the over 27 year-olds! :bang:

I can only hope that Sofia's foray into kiddy-curls is done and dusted!

We need threads on which we can pick the men to pieces. I think CP's hair looked like it needed a wash, and I don't like that blue tie with a black suit, and his shoes need some attention. And shouldn't the pocket kerchief match the tie, not the shirt?

I agree, CP has looked better. But he (and Sofia) looked happy and that is what counts.

Everything was just fine from the neck down. I don't think her fine hair takes well to curling treatment though. I think that's why we've seen it straightened and plastered down with hair product and/or spray lately. I think she would be wise to either have it cut or wear it tied back. And what was that thing on her head? But Sofia has a pretty face and a lovely smile and they both look happy, which is more important than whether her outfit is perfect and meets with the public's approval.

Hm well as a man myself I must say in his defence that a white pocket kerchief is classic and never wrong. But I agree with you on the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

May 31: Sofia wearing a lovely dress whilst posing for some new official photos and taking part in an interview:

Photo (2)

From what I can see, that's a really lovely dress.

Sofia and Catherine have totally different styles of dressing, both casual and formal, so I think the "copying" only relates to the hair and only on this occasion. Although Catherine did not invent "sausage Curls" she did pinch them from the under 13-year-olds and make them horrendously de rigueur for the over 27 year-olds! :bang:

I can only hope that Sofia's foray into kiddy-curls is done and dusted!

Sausage curls were around way before Kate started wearing her hair that way. I noticed them on the red carpet and on plenty of regular women in the street. So, Kate definitely didn't pinch that style from 13 year olds.

What a lovely floral dress.

I wish someone would call these magazines on their stupid comparisons. This is as annoying as when they do it with Kate and Diana. OMG, Kate wore red, Diana once wore red she is totally copying her. Kate and Diana both have hair! Kate is copying Diana again!
Also for some weird reason, Sofia gives me the impression that she doesn't know who Kate is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom