Sofia Hellqvist's Fashion and Style Part 1: June 2014 - February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am guessing the engagement photo was taken before she changed her hair so maybe that is why it looks different.

Oh I like that green dress. I think it's a lovely shade and a good, sensible, length. I am delighted to see her wearing matching shoes and bag, too. Very nice pic. I think they look great together.

(...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sofia attending her first official dinner at royal palace
Dress code was white tie, female SRF members wearing a tiara, Sofia obviously wasnt allowed one what makes her look out of place.

I already said in the other thread, the dress & push up bust is too much 'look at me', Kate Middleton hair is too casual for this event.

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
http://y.cdn-expressen.se/images/08/35/0835a15a755a4a7a8811ab5efbccf781/16x9/912@70.jpg

I agree. She should have chosen another colour and maybe she wasn't aware of the see through effect the lights make, but she should have chosen something less striking to her first official dinner. Her hair is a mess and this hairdo surely doesn't do her any favours.

SHe doesn't look that bad IMO but I can't deny she is an exact copy of Kate... She should find her style and not try to imitate other looks just to look "regal"

To me the hair looks fine although I don't think it suts her... Not a fan of the transparent dress though

I'm not a fashion expert but there is no doubt Sofia is fit.

The dress is not transparent.

Well I can clearly spot some transparency in the breast areas

Well that's what I see... Just up her breasts where the is no linen

this dress and hairdo screams kate middleton to me. :)
i like the dress, but the hair looks flat on the top, and as someone else said, a bit too informal.

I doubt she was trying to 'copy' Catherine. The lace dress trend has been huge for several years. And as far as similarity goes, they're both young women of similar age and coloring. Many royal women have occasionally worn identical dresses- even if not at the same time. In fact, doesn't Princess Madeleine have a red lace dress?

The hair is indentical to that of Catherine even I like it... to me

Why insist on this??? The model is one thing... But I can clearly see the push up bra in Sofia... Maybe other see differently

Last edited:
I don't see any similarity to Kate except for their similar age and long, dark brown, hair. Their body shape is totally different, as are their facial features.

I think the dress is lovely on her. I think the colour suits her and the dress is fully lined with 3/4 sleeves and not low cut so it's rather conservative, actually. I don't like that flesh-coloured lining; I think lining the same colour as the lace is more attractive and classier. But that's my personal preference; this flesh-coloured lining seems to be fashionable at the moment but I think Kate's recent black-lined black lace dress demonstrated the difference.

But the hair! :eek: It should have been worn up at a "white tie and decorations" event, IMO. If she insisted on wearing it down, she should at least have run a comb through it before facing the cameras. At least it's clean and shiny and there don't appear to be any extensions! :D

I don't see evidence of a push-up bra, just a well-endowed woman who probably could have chosen a better-fitting bra since she should realise that she is, and will continue to be, under close scrutiny for the rest of her life, with every photograph examined closely for examples of inadequacies in undergarments. And since she is an unmarried woman, the absence of a tiara is not surprising.

Last edited:
Why insist on this??? The model is one thing... But I can clearly see the push up bra in Sofia... Maybe other see differently
I cannot see any bra, just the same flesh coloured lining I was moaning about on Catherine's first black lace dress. Sofia has quite a voluptous figure, the addition of a "push-up" bra would be a bit like sending coffee to Brazil!

From what I can see you are seeing what you want to see.

But for the first time I have to say her hair is a train wreck! Sausage curles belong on little girls wearing big satin ribbons and bows. Someone has steered her wrong because her hair is usually very attractive.

Last edited:
I cannot see any bra, just the same flesh coloured lining I was moaning about on Catherine's first black lace dress. Sofia has quite a voluptous figure, the addition of a "push-up" bra would be a bit like sending coffee to Brazil!

From what I can see you are seeing what you want to see.

first, when she is dress well IMO I say it (see another post I wrote about her being polished)... second, I didn't want to get into details but from some bikini shots taken this summer when she and CP when vacationing her breast had a normal size and tonight the look enhanced and much bigger... this is a fact... just compare them

Personally I think Sofia looks very nice in that dress - I like the design and silhouette of it, although I am not a huge fan of red. I'm sorry to say I'm going put my foot down and wish she had worn her hair up for this event.
I've tried for ages not to be picky about this sort of hairstyle and industry is doing very well out of straighteners, tongs etc, but can anyone tell me how long this style is going to be in fashion for before we can have something different for a change? The Lady Di flick back in the 80s went on for years and years before perms came in - are we nearly at the end of this trend? Marseille wave anyone?!

The red gown, it is lined and it does look to tight across her bust line, and as someone earlier said, the lining should of been red, spot on and very true. It would of given a more formal look if the lining and dress where the same color. Hair, I think an updo for this formal event would of been more appealing and elegant for her, the curls again as someone said are for little girls with ribbons and again spot on..........
Red, the color suits her, she can wear red and it should be her color with her dark hair and blue eyes........now if PC would just shave and cut his hair they would of look almost perfect.

So I am done bashing her, she is what she is and that she is going to be a member of V/D's family, I hope all goes well for the family. From looking at PC's expression, he is in love, no doubt about it and maybe now that he has someone to love and who loves him, he will be more and do more for the People of Sweden instead of parties and racing. Hopefully he will mature and grow with this new responsibility of having a wife and together they can develop things they are interested in. Am I eating my words yet, a bit............:ohmy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sofia attending her first official dinner at royal palace
Dress code was white tie, female SRF members wearing a tiara, Sofia obviously wasnt allowed one what makes her look out of place.

I already said in the other thread, the dress & push up bust is too much 'look at me', Kate Middleton hair is too casual for this event.

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
http://y.cdn-expressen.se/images/08/35/0835a15a755a4a7a8811ab5efbccf781/16x9/912@70.jpg

Skin tight red again. What a surprise :-/. Only this time with the added benefit of a faux see thru look AND a huge padded bra. I can just tell she's going to be the gift that keeps on giving. And DoM, I agree that she was (appropriately as not a member of the family) not allowed a tiara. However, she could have taken the time to do something with her hair extensions.

Love the style and color...but she made the same mistake we have seen other royals make with the flesh lining..the lining should be the color of the dress to avoid the flash bulb effect. The dress is to tight for someone with her curves...instead of looking elegant she looks a bit too sexy (ala Marilyn Monroe style).

She would of looked nicer with her hair up too.

Okay DofM and Scooter, tell me how you come to the idea that she is wearing a huge push up bra? I think the top part of the gown is way to tight on her and it shows, and I see women everyday that have breasts that look like that and they are normal..........now I am not sticking up for her, I am trying to see what you see. Maybe she is a bit top heavy, in pictures of her this past summer, she seems like there is a bit more on top, she is not a skinny size 0 here, given anything, I bet she works out daily (something I should do more often) and that is why she has the figure she does.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom