Sofia Hellqvist's Fashion and Style Part 1: June 2014 - February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a decent photo of her up do hairstyle?

July 14, 2014 - During Princess Victoria's birthday celebration

Nice skirt but not fond of her jacket, its a bit boring. I think this would've looked better with a black jacket.

Close up ** Side view ** Full view

Perhaps, but I think that that would have given her the reproach that she wanted to steal the spotlight - considering that Madeleine also wore white and Victoria and Queen Silvia as well (at least partly, part of the attire). Now she more or less blended in.

Last edited:
Horrible shoes, maybe a nice black patent leather pump would have been better with a matching purse. And a new nail job on the toes would help.

The day before,didn't Victoria wear sandals on the grass, in a rainy day?:lol:

It wasn't raining for a long time when Victoria came out, and there wasn't mud like in the Sports Arena. And if it would have been raining heavily, Victoria could have gone to change her shoes. At the concert it was raining heavily and it was raining already when they left there.

:lol::lol: It doesn't matter what she wears, since she's got zero grace. She can wear the most expensive and stylish stuff (she can borrow my vintage YSL suit anytime) and she will still look awkward!
She's no Cinderella for sure. ;)

Liked the outfit agree the shoes must have been a nightmare in that rain.

:lol::lol: It doesn't matter what she wears, since she's got zero grace. She can wear the most expensive and stylish stuff (she can borrow my vintage YSL suit anytime) and she will still look awkward!
She's no Cinderella for sure. ;)

That is entirely a matter of opinion, it's not a fact whatsoever.

It's a complete "blah" outfit but it positively surprised me coming from Sophia. The sandals make no sense, of course.

The sandals are wrong and the conservative outfit doesn't come natural to her, Sofia looks 'dressed up'. (...)

Last edited by a moderator:

Off-topic posts have been removed. Please remember that this is a fashion thread! Thanks!

She looks really nice and I for one like the shoes though the weather may not have been good for them. I would have just liked to see the dress w/o the jacket if it indeed matched the skirts print, but I understand she wanted to coordinate with the other ladies.

July 14, 2014 - During Princess Victoria's birthday celebration

Nice skirt but not fond of her jacket, its a bit boring. I think this would've looked better with a black jacket.

Close up ** Side view ** Full view

I really like her skirt here - and think she did well with the whole ensemble. Anyone can get caught out with the wrong shoes once in a while. Overall I think she is doing well with her public dress. I am coming to like her - there is a real sweetness about her. :flowers:

At first I didn't like Sofia's skirt but after taking some closer looks at it, I like it a lot. It's quite elegant and suits her. On the other hand, I'm not a huge fan of her top. It doesn't go with the rest of her outfit.

Oddly, I like the top but not the skirt! It will be nice to see Sofia out and about more often over the next months to see what she wears.

:previous: I feel the same. I'm not sure why I don't like the lace skirt except maybe I'm really over lace dresses.

However, just as an aside, in the first photo Prince Carl Philip was handing her down from a carriage. I wonder if that was her first time?

She looked awful during her latest appearance, with the shorts, transparent top and visible black bra, the split ends of her hair etc. Who would step out of her door looking like this? :yuk:

She looked awful during her latest appearance, with the shorts, transparent top and visible black bra, the split ends of her hair etc. Who would step out of her door looking like this? :yuk:

I have to agree... her face was not at her best

Split ends? She wore a white top underneath, so it was nicely covered up. And more people than you would think would step out of her door looking like this... just take a look at a general busy street ;).
I find women who wear T-shirts that reveal one shoulder much more :ermm: so to say.

I have to agree... her face was not at her best

That may be so, but this was a private occasion so she could be casual.

Last edited:
If split ends disqualified one from royal marriage, any number of monarchies would be composed of very different people. :lol::whistling:

Split ends? She wore a white top underneath, so it was nicely covered up. And more people than you would think would step out of her door looking like this... just take a look at a general busy street ;).
I find women who wear T-shirts that reveal one shoulder much more :ermm: so to say.

That may be so, but this was a private occasion so she could be casual.

Yes, but this thread is about fashion and style so we have to talk about it... :lol: So I don't have to justify every single comment about Sofia!:). I just said that to me her face looked quite bad... About the clothing: it seems alright

Last edited:
Yes, but this thread is about fashion and style so we have to talk about it... :lol: So I don't have to justify every single comment about Sofia!:). I just said that to me her face looked quite bad... About the clothing: it seems alright

The first thing: true :lol:.
The second thing: I didn't ask for a justification, nor was my statement meant to get one ;). I just gave my point of view :), more based actually to the poster above you. She didn't look as poised like she did at the engagement or Victoria's birthday, no, but I suppose it also came because it has been swelteringly hot this past week in Western Europe.
The third thing: fair enough :flowers:.

Last edited:
:previous:I try to be as objective as I can because in this thread we only talk about fashion...:flowers:

:previous:I try to be as objective as I can because in this thread we only talk about fashion...:flowers:

That's true and being objective is a good quality, but while everyone is entitled to own opinion I think it's a bit unfair to rip Sofia apart for wearing what she did at the tennis match when it's really a very basic summer attire for young women today.
Perhaps it's the angle from where one looks at it when talking about fashion in general :flowers:.

That's true and being objective is a good quality, but while everyone is entitled to own opinion I think it's a bit unfair to rip Sofia apart for wearing what she did at the tennis match when it's really a very basic summer attire for young women today.
Perhaps it's the angle from where one looks at it :flowers:.

I think it depends on every person's view... I must admit that a white t-shirts with a black bra doesn't make a fine look... For the rest I think she dressed quite fine...

Here is a photo of the outfit in question that Sofia wore to a tennis match in Bastad, Sweden on July 20:

Side view

From what I can see, Sofia looks fine and appropriate for the event. (Having said that, I haven't seen any close ups of her outfit to be able to judge it fully.) Most of the other guests were wearing similar style clothing, from what I can see.

It certainly is not see-through on this picture.

Black bra and white t-shirt....tacky and regardless of who is wearing it, any royal, any so called star, any woman on this earth...it is tacky and trashy.
And I don't care if it was private or public/ when person, male or female goes out in public or to a private event you should *always* dress with care, after all, appearances are the very first thing a person sees, not what you say or think, it's all about how you LooK. Appearance do count! This should be learned at the knees of your mother/grandmother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom