Sofia Hellqvist's Fashion and Style Part 1: June 2014 - February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my! I'm an old broad and how many years has it been since undergarment straps showing was a fashion no-no? I think it was the 80s. Nothing wrong with Sofia's outfit at a very, very casual outing.

Black bra and white t-shirt....tacky and regardless of who is wearing it, any royal, any so called star, any woman on this earth...it is tacky and trashy.

She wasn't wearing a t-shirt, SElizabeth. I'm puzzled by what you're saying. She had a blouse on. I went back into the pictures and I cannot see what you are describing. She wore a sleeveless white blouse and one cannot see bra straps peeking through. Everything seems properly decorous given the context - she's dressed causally as a private person.

In fact, I was impressed by her discreet behavior. She was not engaging the camera though she was aware she was the focus of one camera at one point. Her behavior - and dress - were perfectly in accord with her position as a private person. I really hope the photogs leave her be. They accord other SRF members that courtesy generally. She deserves the same.

And I don't care if it was private or public/ when person, male or female goes out in public or to a private event you should *always* dress with care, after all, appearances are the very first thing a person sees, not what you say or think, it's all about how you LooK. Appearance do count! This should be learned at the knees of your mother/grandmother.

I guess many will disagree here. What I saw was someone who was dressed 'with care'. She was not dressed for a formal occasion, no, not with that care, but she was fine. Certainly not tacky or trashy.

I found her perfectly acceptable and I hope for her sake the photographers stay clear. JMO. :flowers:

Last edited:
Let's save the "shock, horror, OMG" until we get something worthy of it. Underwear actually showing or supposed lack thereof would probably do it although I think IMO a bra strap is merely a very minor wardrobe malfunction. Actually, I think KittyAtlanta has the right of it, the 80's were a sort of fashion watershed.

Last edited:
I agree, it is neither "shock" nor "Horror", but a simply a bit silly and unfortunate....

IMHO she is an "official public figure" now - and especially as the Engagement is only a few weeks away, it was clear, that the photographers would use the opportunity to make 1000 pics.
She must have been Aware about this.... this Outfit was neither a "shock", nor "Horror", but a nice White summerly Dress would have made the difference..... and about 100 less nasty Posts in this thread :whistling:....

So she should have been more clever with the choice of her clothes. She KNEW, she was in the Center of Attention - so why didn´t she Dress likewise. Like she did in the last years.
BYe Bine

:previous: Let's save the "shock, horror, OMG" until we get something worthy of it. Underwear actually showing or supposed lack thereof would probably do it although I think IMO a bra strap is merely a very minor wardrobe malfunction. Actually, I think KittyAtlanta has the right of it, the 80's were a sort of fashion watershed.

Clarification, Marg: it looks like you are referencing my post - are you? My post is the very opposite of "shock, horror, OMG".

I agree, it is neither "shock" nor "Horror", but a simply a bit silly and unfortunate....

Unfortunate what? :ermm:

IMHO she is an "official public figure" now - and especially as the Engagement is only a few weeks away, it was clear, that the photographers would use the opportunity to make 1000 pics.

She must have been Aware about this.... this Outfit was neither a "shock", nor "Horror", but a nice White summerly Dress would have made the difference..... and about 100 less nasty Posts in this thread :whistling:....

So she should have been more clever with the choice of her clothes. She KNEW, she was in the Center of Attention - so why didn´t she Dress likewise. Like she did in the last years.
BYe Bine

Who could ever predict that there would be such objections to an ensemble 90% of all the other women present at the event were wearing? This was not Wimbledon.

I'm starting to feel for the poor girl. :ermm:

She was dressed very casually, as many there were. She didn't need a dress. That's would have made her stick out. I think she just wanted to blend in. She wasn't trashy. I think if she came in a suit or dress they would have said she dressed to be the center of attention. With some she cannot win.

^^^ That bikini looks just fine to me.

It is very unroyal to expose willingly towards the prying eyes of paperazzi but on itself the Prince and his girlfriend are looking fine. Not vulgar or something.

She wasn't wearing a t-shirt, SElizabeth. I'm puzzled by what you're saying. She had a blouse on. I went back into the pictures and I cannot see what you are describing. She wore a sleeveless white blouse and one cannot see bra straps peeking through. Everything seems properly decorous given the context - she's dressed causally as a private person.

I see a bra strap.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

They are also clearly seen at the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OAYjEdhJw

Last edited:

I was wrong, then. Correction noted. :flowers: But it's not a 'wardrobe malfunction'. It's what happens to us all and no one thinks a second thought. In fact, she is wearing an undergarment. She is not showing her black bra underneath.

Who took these photos? A private person, or was it a paparazzi? Anyway, I will likely have a lot to say about Sofia (regarding her official appearances and conduct), but making her life a misery and calling her to task for private appearances, I hope I don't contribute to that. JMO. Give the girl a break. ;)

Last edited:
I wish I looked as good as Sofia in her pretty blue bikini. She's in really good shape (or so it seems) without looking "muscely". Nice plumpness without a single fat roll.

I also think she looks fine - if only I could wear a bikini. I'm not sure how it doesn't suit her - it's a bikini and quite a conservative one at that.

I also think she looks fine - if only I could wear a bikini. I'm not sure how it doesn't suit her - it's a bikini and quite a conservative one at that.

I think it''s because she is so pale. I thought the same thing - something seemed 'off ' when I then realized that we are accustomed to seeing a bronzed body in a bikini. A less vivid color - something more in sync with the actual color of her body would have blended more. It's like choosing a dress color to accentuate one's natural face coloring. The bikini itself is fine, of course. It's the vivid color against the pale skin color that jumps out as unusual. JMO. :flowers:

A few days in the south of France should sort out her tan. ?

I think it''s because she is so pale. I thought the same thing - something seemed 'off ' when I then realized that we are accustomed to seeing a bronzed body in a bikini. A less vivid color - something more in sync with the actual color of her body would have blended more. It's like choosing a dress color to accentuate one's natural face coloring. The bikini itself is fine, of course. It's the vivid color against the pale skin color that jumps out as unusual. JMO. :flowers:

But the vivid color does suit with her dark hair though. And I am not accustomed to a bronzed body in a bikini, but that might also be because I am totally not a beach/pool fanatic. I like it when a woman is pale(r), it shows more natural skin color.

Just out of curiosity: what color do you have in mind when you talk about blending?

But the vivid color does suit with her dark hair though. And I am not accustomed to a bronzed body in a bikini, but that might also be because I am totally not a beach/pool fanatic. I like it when a woman is pale(r), it shows more natural skin color.

I agree with that. I hadn't considered her hair color. You're right. Considering her hair color the jewel tones would suit.

Just out of curiosity: what color do you have in mind when you talk about blending?

Just considering her pale skin - and now her hair - i would look at a patterned fabric in pale grays, greens and blues - with a vivid blue piping. The way I imagine it in my head - the paleness of her skin would be complemented by the pale pattern (not be in competition with a bold color) but the vivid piping would pop with her dark hair. All elements covered. :flowers:

Last edited:
What a lovely profile she has! Her tip-tilted nose is both cute and elegant.

She looks lovely. Casual but pretty and stylish.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Sofia looks wonderful. I think casual wear seems to suit her better than formal wear (but of course, she can't wear casual wear to an important royal event or engagement) and I like the single plait. It will be interesting to see whether her fashion and style will change slightly or stay the same once she marries Carl Philip.

Althoug this casual look is not fantastic (we are seeing a pullover and troussers) she looks really elegant on it... I like her casual look!:flowers:

What a beautiful, rich, colour. It really suits her style and looks great with her hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom