Sofia Hellqvist's Fashion and Style Part 1: June 2014 - February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Different strokes for different folks, I guess because I think the dress is fine but I don't like the severe center part of her hairstyle.

She looked very elegant indeed.

Sofia at the Sports Gala

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

The dress would have been looked much better if the sheer black overlay would have covered the entire dress.

The dress is from BCBG Max Azria.

http://www.bcbg.com/Ninah-Color-Blo...id=dresses-by-category-gowns-evening#start=18

Love the dress! The colours are classic but the style is contemporary and adds an edge to the gown.

Just a reminder that this is not the thread to discuss Sofia's past. This is for her fashion, nothing more. As such, a handful of posts have been removed as they are off-topic.

Head over to the Swedish forum to discuss anything else relating to Sofia.

Further posts that do not discuss the topic of this thread - fashion - will be removed.

I love the look! I think the a-symmetrical contrasting draped overlay makes an interesting and welcome change from the black-over-white/cream overlay dresses we've seen lots of recently. I like the clean lines and lack of lace. I want to see the back, to see whether or not she's covered the tattoo. I'm hoping she hasn't, because I like it and I think it would be good to get it out there so everyone gets used to it.

Sofia has a lovely face and very good posture which helps. I don't think the centre part suits her, and I'd like to see a stylist make changes to her hair. She wears it very flat against her head, which could be simply because she has fine, straight, hair, which I do, too, and back-coming such fine hair to give it body wrecks it very quickly. We'll see.

Back view, the dress looks even worse from the back than from the front.
http://media.shootitlive.com/V3SaKQfn5plKyyiblQGf2rUOrUG/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1792

I really love this look- it's my favorite since she got engaged. Well done.

Ya this dress is ok but not one of my favorites. Love her hairdo though!

Back view, the dress looks even worse from the back than from the front.
http://media.shootitlive.com/V3SaKQfn5plKyyiblQGf2rUOrUG/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1792
I found the gown quite intriguing with it's nod to classical grecian design and she wore it very well (how many times can I go "Wow, does she know how to hold herself or what"!) . . . but oh dear, having looked at the back view, I really thing she needs to wear a strapless bra. And if it is part of the gown . . . forget it!

That being said, I love her hair and her earrings. They were both quite chic.

Sofia looks every inch of a true princess-to-be. :heart: Great dress, hair and make-up too.

Like her hair from the back, though. :flowers:

I don't mind the back, though it's made me notice the straps. Surely they're not bra straps; they must be part of the dress. I'm going to assume the dress is not a "formed" one and needs the straps to hold up the dress.

I'm glad to see she's revealing her tattoo. :D

Love the back view of her hairdo. She seems to have fine hair and it seems shiny and healthy. I just wish she'd rethink the centre parting.

The dress isn't that bad and she wears it well. I have to say that her hair style is perfection (Kate, please take note!). Sadly, I don't like the tattoo that is visible at the base of her back neck. I wish she will have that removed before the wedding (...)
:(

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the dress, it looks good and I like how half is covered with the black overlay and the other half isn't. I don't like her hairstyle, the parting isn't nice on her.

She looks really nice and I am usually a fan of black and white combination. The dress would have been even better if it wasn't for that weird (although creative) white spot that's not covered by the black silk.

I like the dress is diferent and she has a perfect body so everything looks good on her, however I think that she could wide the tatoo...she is in a diferent position now, she is not a commun girl so she must have a diferente approch, despite she could not change her past she can now have more careful when this things come out... a tatoo is easy to cover with her long her...despite that the dress is lovely and she looks beautiful.:flowers:

The dress isn't the best quality. Like Pss Marie of Denmark it seems that Sofia H. goes for a lot of cheap lower-quality dresses instead of for less dresses of better quality.

(..)

The dress isn't that bad and she wears it well. I have to say that her hair style is perfection (Kate, please take note!). Sadly, I don't like the tattoo that is visible at the base of her back neck. I wish she will have that removed before the wedding (..)

:(

Agree with everything....... Dress is not perfect, but not bad and somehow classical but with some Special details. Not a bad choice!!!
Definately going in the right direction!

But: every Dress will be destroyed with her tattoo in the back :ermm: - just imho. I also would looove if she may decide to remove it Prior to her wedding..... but I fear, she won´t do me this favour :sad:
BYe Bine

This isn't Sofia-bashing, any other princess would be critizised for this outfit.
Visible Bra-straps are a big no-no, looks cheap.

http://z.cdn-expressen.se/images/48/eb/48eb52648d4e404ba117e6051a494845/965@70.jpg
http://x.cdn-expressen.se/images/88/a1/88a11641eb8243ce9e426a3b3ec63eb5/965@70.jpg

Agree, I have seen it now!
BYe Bine

The teeth discussion has once again been removed as off-topic. Thanks for your understanding!

I am not so sure those are bra straps. I think that is part of the white dress....it looks like they connect to the material in the back.

LaRae

I am not so sure those are bra straps. I think that is part of the white dress....it looks like they connect to the material in the back.

LaRae

Yes, for some reason, dressmakers/designers are totally unable to deal with the fact that women have breasts which need support. If they do build a bra into a dress, they still make it look like a bra. How hard can it be to build a covering element onto the straps? Her face looks so lovely in that extreme close-up.

Ladongas I think it's because they get this idea most women are 5'10 with 10 percent body fat and almost no bust.

Easily could of had an element in the dress to cover the strap.

LaRae

Sofia Hellqvist's Fashion and Style Part 1: June 2014 -

Ugh that tattoo keeps rearing it's ugly head! I have nothing against tattoos but this one is not pretty or artistic. Looks more like a drunken mistake ?

I also don't like the bra straps that are visible in the back.

Still love the hair though!

This isn't Sofia-bashing, any other princess would be critizised for this outfit.
Visible Bra-straps are a big no-no, looks cheap.

http://z.cdn-expressen.se/images/48/eb/48eb52648d4e404ba117e6051a494845/965@70.jpg
http://x.cdn-expressen.se/images/88/a1/88a11641eb8243ce9e426a3b3ec63eb5/965@70.jpg

LaRae
Sofia has a very nice bustline and, to be honest, looking at the back at those itsy-bitsy straps, there is absolutely no tension on them whatsoever, whereas if they were bra straps, there most certainly would be.

So my vote goes for a not very good design feature connecting the white front to the back.

It's a nice dress but I would prefer it in another colour.

The top part is beautiful but the rest isn't. And the colour isn't best choice for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom