Sarah, Duchess of York's Fashion and Style Part 2: September 2017 - October 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I like the dress, I do agree with the comments that its a size too small. How can she breath in it? I think it would have played better if it was another color (maybe a nice spring green?). And is she wearing brown shoes?

I love Sarah's hat and shoes.
The colour of her dress, to me, needs to be two shades deeper so as not to seem too nude. It was nice for her to have received an invitation.
To err on the side of politeness is always the best option.

Given Sarah's sartorial track record, I thought she did very well for Ella's wedding. Yes, the dress could have been a little less tight, the shoes could have been nude and not brown, but on the whole, in my book, Sarah did well. She was far more elegantly dressed yesterday than she was at either Eugenie or Harry's wedding.

:previous:Actually, of the three weddings, I thought Sarah looked the best at Harry’s. The navy was a good color and the style flattering to her figure. The hat was perfect.

The green at her daughter’s wedding was a good color, the dress was nice-maybe a smidge less fitted over the hips to look really good. The hat was an unfortunate choice.

The v necklines on both were more flattering than the neckline on that pink dress yesterday.

While I like the dress, I do agree with the comments that its a size too small. How can she breath in it? I think it would have played better if it was another color (maybe a nice spring green?). And is she wearing brown shoes?

The brown shoes complement the brown feathers on her hat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmm. No, it really doesn't do much for her. The bodice. Yikes! :eek:

I actually don’t think this is that bad, the problem is the butterfly motif really accentuate her chest in a less than flattering manner.

I'm not a fan of Sarah's look either here - one can tell she was trying her best to look good and glamorous for the occasion, but, sadly, she seems to have failed somewhat in doing so.

Sarah has never seemed to grasp that elaborate ornamentation is not her friend, she does not have the figure for it, and the sheer, tight sleeves are also not a happy look for her. She would look so much better if her clothing skimmed her figure rather than wrapped it, and if she went for a simpler, tailored look.

Oh dear, the décolletage is most distracting.

Hair?

Sad there was no time for the hairdresser.

I wish I could get a better view of that headgear.

The deep green is a great color for her, but the photo with her half-sisters in light florals just emphasized how out of season Fergie looked, being in such a heavy color at a summertime wedding.

I like this outfit on her but not for a summer wedding. I'm coveting those shoes (but I'd wear them with trousers).

"So I'm going to wear a bright yellow sleeveless dress (2 sizes too small obvs), deep emerald green accessories but with purple shoes and stick a cockerel's tail in my hat"

"OMG you'll look so fabulous!"

"So I'm going to wear a bright yellow sleeveless dress (2 sizes too small obvs), deep emerald green accessories but with purple shoes and stick a cockerel's tail in my hat"

"OMG you'll look so fabulous!"

And black gloves.

There is no part of this outfit that flatters Sarah, and I am wondering what on earth she was thinking. The dress is too tight, the cut (lapels, cap sleeves, tie belt) doesn't suit her body, the hat is a mismatch in both color and style, the shoes have nothing to do with anything else she is wearing...

My mother used to say something along the lines of "All of her taste is in her mouth," and sadly, I think this ensemble is the poster child for that.

And the silver accessories... I believe her bracelet is her daughters' names. In the upper view, zoomed in, it seems to say EUGENIE and I imagine the other side is BEATRICE. At her daughters' age, this seems more tacky than precious and while it surely cost hundreds or thousands of pounds, seems more like something that should have come out of a vending machine.

And the silver accessories... I believe her bracelet is her daughters' names. In the upper view, zoomed in, it seems to say EUGENIE and I imagine the other side is BEATRICE. At her daughters' age, this seems more tacky than precious and while it surely cost hundreds or thousands of pounds, seems more like something that should have come out of a vending machine.

They are still her daughters no matter their ages, I have no problem with the bracelet. It could have been a Mother's Day gift.

The dress was too tight and the accessories mismatched in color-the teal was nice but the purple shoes were a no. The dress color is the current hot color but perhaps not the best choice for Sarah's hair and skin tone.

Last edited:
I have something nice to say about Sarah: she knows how to carry unworn gloves properly. And they are green, not black.

If Sarah is going to show up at these quasi royal events, someone needs to fund a proper fitting wardrobe for her....i think shes trying to wear the Princesses frocks...

They are still her daughters no matter their ages, I have no problem with the bracelet. It could have been a Mother's Day gift.

The dress was too tight and the accessories mismatched in color-the teal was nice but the purple shoes were a no. The dress color is the current hot color but perhaps not the best choice for Sarah's hair and skin tone.

Agree on the bracelet. It's not a big deal.

Yellow is pretty last year at this point. And really, it was a color that only lasted a season. Regardless of trend, the style just isn't well suited for Sarah.

OTOH, her personality is so big that seeing her in an outfit that mismatched is almost not weird. :lol:

Those shoes!! The rest of her dress and accessories are fine (we’ve just got to accept that she’s going to wear clothes two sizes small), but what was she thinking when she chose those purple shoes???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom