Royals in Purple: November 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyK

Moderator Emeritus
City
Cincinnati
Country
United States
Lilac, mauve, lavender, amethyst, grape. We've got almost all the colors of the rainbow- now here's a thread for royals wearing purple. Post any dresses, suits, or outfits in purple worn by the royals.

do you have other pictures or a website where i can see it better?

wow, you guys are fast posters- eight replies in two hours.

Wow, purple is a really popular color for the royal ladies

Great Saphills, I was hoping someone would post the pictures of Maxima's dress from F & L's prewedding banquet. It's one of my favorite of hers, and probably my favorite purple dress.

But I'm always looking for new favorites!

if we have British Royals Ladies have purples outfits

Beautiful colors on these ladies.

CP Maxima looked great in the purple one shoulder dress worn to CP's spains wedding.

The colour of Anne Marie's dress doesn't looks purple but blue.

When I first came across this thread my mind automatically thought Barney! :ohmy: There are some pretty good looking clothes here. I must say that Märtha Louise really looks good her purple and lavender suit.

Also, love the lavender gown sported by Queen Elizabeth from back in the day.:flowers:

LadyK said:
I honestly didn't know this dress was purple. I always thought it was just a muddy blah color. Maybe it's just the images- camera change the color sometimes.:online2lo
Yes I also thought this wasn't purple either but a coffee color.. I need new glasses :flowers:

...sOfIa.... said:
speaking of Queen Sofia.. it's not really purple 'purple', but a bit magenta, i think.
However, I really like the outfit she wore to the Prince of Asturias Award 2006. The embroidery and the cutting looks very beautiful.

http://img146.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=27956_23999187_122_312lo.jpg
http://img41.imagevenue.com/view.php?image=75293_20061020205434_123_475lo.jpg
http://img156.imagevenue.com/view.php?image=74728_r2229902142_123_503lo.jpg

(source : lfi, lavozgalicia, reuters - all from Prince of Asturias Award 2006 thread)

HM Queen Elizabeth II's purples outfits

I don't know, but magenta is fine with me- use your discretion as to whether it should go into this thread or the red one.

Sarah,Duchess of York's purple outfits

So many wonderful photos-QE, QS ,QM all look lovely in the various shades of purple Maxima was at her best in her beautiful purple and lavender evening wear.Martha looks great in all her outfits as does Mette-Marit I really love the one of them togther.Purple seems to be the pefect color for Princess Anne and the Danish princesses -Mary and Alexandra lookbeautiful in ther outfits.In fact everyone looked great:flowers:

The colour of Anne Marie's dress doesn't looks purple but blue.

Antonieta, I think you are right. After looking at Queen Anne Marie in other pictures at this same event, I realized it was a very deep blue. But still a beautiful color!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom