Royals in pink: November 2006 - November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe,maybe not. I'll try and post a bright pink dress she (Caroline) wore during one of her pregnancies. She looked gorgeous in it !

I think Mette-Marit looks very "Pretty in Pink":)

I think pink does different things for Caroline. A light pink makes her skin glow and gives her a youthful and happy air. A darker pink, as in the Chanel outfit makes her look professional without looking too severe. Of course the hairstyle and make-up have a lot to do with it, as well as the style of the outfit. But I think she should continue to explore the pink possibilities rather than confining herself, too often, to black.

Back to Caroline in pink again. I think that beach outfit, the pant suit with stripes was so perfect, with the matching bandanna. That's when she started getting the reputation for having a style all her own, always appropriate to the occasion but always with some panache added that would make her stand out from the crowd (as if she needed that...). But there is a cleanness, neatness and youthfulness about it that is perfect for her age and status. Unfortunately, it makes Princess Grace look a bit ordinary next to her.
Anyway, I can't picture that outfit in any other color but pink.

There are two outfits missing from this thread::flowers:

Diana in that hot pink Versace suit with a matching pill box (Phillip Somerville?) hat.

Sophie from Ascot 2003(?) in that pale pink off-the-shoulder suit with a pretty pale pink Philip Treacy hat....the best she's ever looked IMO.

Diana always looked her best in pink. It made that rosy complexion of hers radiate. Wasn't she called an English rose ?

Softer colors are definitely good looks for her.

I think Mathilde's dress looked really nice. Very spring-like and refreshing!

Queen Sonja recycled her Shocking-pink dress for new official portraits
Pink Dress
(Scanpix)

The dress is so stunning... BUT the colour totally riuns it. You cannot look at it for too long... your eyes start hurting then.. it would be a lovely dress if it was light pink or red. But this pink is much too pink. :D

Last edited:
That dress is overwhelmingly pink!:eek:

madeleine has worn a few pink dresses, one in denmark and one in norway

The Princess of Wales always looked elegant in whatever she wore.

To me, Diana was the Queen of pink, she could carry any shade perfectly. Next to Diana, Mathilde is the Princess that can wear pink beautifully. Princess Lalla Salma is gorgeous in pink. I would have thought with her beautiful red hair it would clash, but it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom