Royal Ladies of Luxembourg Fashion and Style Part 2: May 2012 - November 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The colour of GD Maria Teresa's dress is nice. However I'm not a fan of the design nor the hat. I'm also not so sure about her shoes. I know I'm being picky here, but I think she wore too much pink today. IMO it would've been better if she had worn nude shoes and or a different coloured hat.

Princess Tessy's dress is probably my favourite, I don't mind the frills on it and the colour is very nice. Her hat is OK too.

I'm not too sure about Princess Alexandra's dress... the colour and shoes are nice though. I think Catherine and Alexandra of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleberg wore it better.

Last edited:
Best dressed amongst the guest is Tessy. Simple and safe but elegant. Maria Therese looks horrible. It's a heavy pink curtain fabric draped to be an outfit. Big no.
And Alexandra's dress, albeit stunning on Kate, is a miss on her. The color is too soft and it seems to have small fitting issues. I don't quite understand why she's wearing a dress another royal wore like two years ago.

Best dressed amongst the guest is Tessy. Simple and safe but elegant. Maria Therese looks horrible. It's a heavy pink curtain fabric draped to be an outfit. Big no.
And Alexandra's dress, albeit stunning on Kate, is a miss on her. The color is too soft and it seems to have small fitting issues. I don't quite understand why she's wearing a dress another royal wore like two years ago.

Alexandra was a bridesmaid/attendant so the gown pick was Claire.

http://oi41.tinypic.com/2nvax5x.jpg

Tessy's dress shows her wonderful legs....(...)

Last edited by a moderator:
According to Luxarazzi and Wort.lu, Alexandra's and the other bridesmaids dresses are from Tadashi Shoji, not from Jenny Packham.
Luxarazzi : The Religious Ceremony *
Wort.lu - The dress guide to the royal wedding
The dress is very, very similar to Jenny Packham
Crinkle Chiffon and Lace Gown with Jeweled Belt in Blue Stone - Evening Gowns - Evening Shop Tadashi Shoji

Grand Duchess Maria Teresa wore a fuchsia Armani number while Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie opted for Stéphanie Le Grelle and Princess Tessy for Calvin Klein as well as a hat by Jane Taylor.

Last edited:
I like the dress of the bridmaids but when the magazines make the comparation of Alexandra with Kate, it is such a different look, Alexandra looks in the heavy size! and it is possible only 500 dollars for the dress?

According to Luxarazzi and Wort.lu, Alexandra's and the other bridesmaids dresses are from Tadashi Shoji, not from Jenny Packham.
Luxarazzi : The Religious Ceremony *
Wort.lu - The dress guide to the royal wedding
The dress is very, very similar to Jenny Packham
Crinkle Chiffon and Lace Gown with Jeweled Belt in Blue Stone - Evening Gowns - Evening Shop Tadashi Shoji

Grand Duchess Maria Teresa wore a fuchsia Armani number while Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie opted for Stéphanie Le Grelle and Princess Tessy for Calvin Klein as well as a hat by Jane Taylor.

But I checked the website of Tadashi Shoji and the dresses are very resoable price around 500 dollars ! could be that? are really nice made? in the photos look beautiful but I wonder in person how they are , ??????

Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg wears similar dress to royal wedding as Kate Middleton's Jenny Packham gown - hellomagazine.com
the same dress but what different looks!

HELLO! magazine spent years working day and night to promote Kate as the next Duchess of Cambridge, and now that they have finally succeeded she is still "Kate Middleton"??!

Thank you for showing the details of that exceptional gown.The embroidery is so beautiful.

(...)

Princess Claire's outfits whilst visiting Japan:

Wearing a black outfit and blue/violet shoes whilst visiting the NEZU museum on 3rd November:

Full View ~ Close-up

Wearing a white outfit whilst attending a meeting about the Sophia University's 100th Anniversary:

Close-up ~ Full View ~ Close-up 2

I wasn't so sure about Claire's skirt whilst visiting the Sophia University, but she looked great nonetheless. Overall, I like her black outfit, but the violet shoes look a bit out of place.

Claire is beautiful and she and Felix make a great couple. But I really disliked both her outfits for this Japan trip. And dark opaque stockings with light colored shoes are simply ugly, imo.

Very surprised and disappointed.:sad:

She needs to ditch the black tights in both looks, then maybe it would look better.

November 19, 2013 - Lovely suit worn in Turkey as part of a state visit. Its a lovely shade of grey and it's quite a nicely tailored suit.

Full view ** Close up ** Side view

Maria Theresa looks nice, white seems to suit her. I can't see Stephanie's outfit very well because the photo is slightly blurred, but from what I can see, she's looking good.

Both ladies looked appropriate. It is impossible to comment on their ensembles due to lack of close up photos.

Maria Theresa has been looking great recently! I love the lilac suit, the colour seems to suit her.

great pics of the family voting and the octave and balcony appearance, all the ladies are out and about:

Tageblatt Online - Feierliche Schluss-Prozession - Luxemburg

i loved seeing them so much out and about lately. outfits in order of preference:

1. tessy looked spectacular at the octave, she was by far the best dressed this time! i loved her dress in that deep blue shade with the lace.

2. claire is the second best IMO, i liked the hat and the black dress and blue jacket, although it's nothing special.

3. alexandra is okay, but again.. nothing special, although i'm never a big fan of her style, so i approve that this is neutral.

4. stephanie: i'm really not a fan of those colours, of the cut of the coat or of the fact that the skirt shows beneath the coat and that they simply don't match.

5. MT's pink ensemble is just not nice. simpler colours and cuts would suit her far best. maybe other people can pull it off, but i don't think candy pink can suit very many people anyway...

great pics of the family voting and the octave and balcony appearance, all the ladies are out and about:

Tageblatt Online - Feierliche Schluss-Prozession - Luxemburg

i loved seeing them so much out and about lately. outfits in order of preference:

1. tessy looked spectacular at the octave, she was by far the best dressed this time! i loved her dress in that deep blue shade with the lace.

2. claire is the second best IMO, i liked the hat and the black dress and blue jacket, although it's nothing special.

3. alexandra is okay, but again.. nothing special, although i'm never a big fan of her style, so i approve that this is neutral.

4. stephanie: i'm really not a fan of those colours, of the cut of the coat or of the fact that the skirt shows beneath the coat and that they simply don't match.

5. MT's pink ensemble is just not nice. simpler colours and cuts would suit her far best. maybe other people can pull it off, but i don't think candy pink can suit very many people anyway...

Agree!! Tessy is very elegant!! Her hat is very beautiful too. Stephanie's dressing just did not have the impact and the colour is too mild and sweet as compare to her 2 sister-in-laws. I wish she will wear a proper hat too.

I don't mind Maria Teresa's outfit. That shade of pink suits her.

I actually like Stephanie's outfit (which is already being discussed on her fashion thread), the colours are nice and look good on her. The only thing I'm not so keen on is her coat, but generally I'm not a fan of coats in that style.

Claire looks nice too, and I like how she has a light blue jacket/blazer and a navy dress. The hat is not really my cup of tea and looks a bit awkward with the rest of the outfit.

I like Alexandra's outfit, her hat is really cute! I also like her dress and jacket/blazer. The colours go well together.

Tessy's my favourite. Both her dress and hat are very nice.

I like Alexandra's outfit too and her hat it great.

Not sure what to think about Claire, I don't like the hat, it hides her face, but I also cannot say I don't like the outfit.

Maria Teresa is a just a NO. I hate that shade of pink.

Princess Claire's jacket is from Zara ;) I have the same.

I hope that I'm right ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom