Royal Ladies of Luxembourg Fashion and Style Part 2: May 2012 - November 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of the state of Stephanie's legs the dress is too short IMO the coat appears to be too small and actually she looks a mess which is a shame.

I do not know why, but Countess Stephanie has a terrible taste in shoes!!! The ones that she wore at the christening are terrible. She has shapely legs so she sholud wear shoes that do not look to heavy :)

This white dress was similar to red dress from engagement ;) This is short dress but I think it is not the shortest --> look at this photogallery --> third photo form the top ;)

Last edited:
I think her outfit was not too bad for a first try, her taste in clothes and what works and doesn't work for her will improve with time. I don't think the dress was too short, several other ladies had skirts as short as she had, and I liked what I saw of the dress. I wonder what people here would have said if Stéphanie had come in a dress similar to the one Anna Maria Corazza Bildt was wearing?: http://www.improveme.se/i/index.php...2012/05/ste_christening__7745418-480x1024.jpg (she is a member of the European parliament and the wife of the Swedish foreign minister). I like the cut of the dress but the print is too busy.

I thought Stephanie looked sweet, youthful and rather elegant considering her ensemble was from the dreaded Natan. :ermm:

I felt the skirt length was too short, even though the young Countess's beautiful legs are her best feature next to her flawless skin. But the shoes were all wrong and I didn't like the hat at all. (she borrowed it from MT):ohmy:

I also wish she had worn gloves...it would have been more chic. But I loved her hair, a lovely smooth chignon.

Many of the women at the christening had hemlines that were simply way too short. :eek:

The good news is that Stephanie is young and has plenty of time to find her "look". She has access to unlimited $$$...or at least she will after Oct 20th. ;)

Maria Theresa seems to be hitting the mark with Elie Saab and I am keeping my fingers crossed that she will steer her young daughter-in-law-to-be in that direction.

Someone has got to break the stranglehold Natan seems to have on the Benelux Princesses! :bang:

Free them someone, please!!!

Moonmaiden I totally agree about Natan ... the outfits generally on all those who cross his door are not good and they are in need of a freedom break as you say.

Please excuse my lack of awareness, but why are so many opposed to Natan? What exactly makes their clothes that despicable? :sad:
To my eyes they look youthful, colourful, clean cut, minimalistic, somewhat scandinavian... so I like them. :flowers:

Please excuse my lack of awareness, but why are so many opposed to Natan? What exactly makes their clothes that despicable? :sad:
To my eyes they look youthful, colourful, clean cut, minimalistic, somewhat scandinavian... so I like them. :flowers:

Oh, not me. For starters his clothes seem poorly fitted, and they always look cheap. He likes loud colors in bizarre combinations like orange/blue and brown/red. They rarely look something a Royal princess would or should wear....he succeeds in making elegant Mathilde look like a frump. :bang:

The one exception for me is the wedding gown he created for Claire Coombs when she married Prince Laurent...it was lovely.

The countess herself looked lovely at the christening - it makes me inclined to agree with comments around the time of the engagement that the photos failed to do her beauty justice. Her face has a sweet, adorable quality to it, and her complexion is flawless. But I was largely unimpressed with her outfit – the dress was too short for the occasion, the shoes were not attractive, the jacket very netural but it did not match the dress anyway. Unlike many others, I do not mind the hat.

But I look forward to watching her grow into her role, and wonder if it will influence her fashion choices.

Natan has the ability IMO to make all those he dresses look like either too fat or unfitted too messy these women are CP's not you and me buying a dress off the rack they therefore and this is only IMO should look standout all the time. But they follow himand they end up looking what they are in in all outfits ... not finished untidy you don't even need to go and find out who they are wearing , as they say, time for these women to get smart look at photos of themselves and the other thing is he would be costly so they are paying him to make them look fat and poorly finished
And that is why I really don't like Natan.
And I repeat this is only IMO.

Maybe Countess Stephanie isn't rich rich and her family has other pressing needs that do not allow her to buy real jewelry and haute couture dresses...
If that is the case, she is doing a great job!

Because he can make a beautiful woman look like she shopped at a mall discount store and didn't try the dress on to see if it fit properly before buying it.

cmbruno said:
Maybe Countess Stephanie isn't rich rich and her family has other pressing needs that do not allow her to buy real jewelry and haute couture dresses...
If that is the case, she is doing a great job!

It might be the case but i think that the Palace should help, at least for the official outfits. I do not think that CP Mette Marit or Letizia paid their outfits from their pockets, after their engagement!

Because he can make a beautiful woman look like she shopped at a mall discount store and didn't try the dress on to see if it fit properly before buying it.
Lol, good description,
I can always tell if Mathilde or Maxima have him on, it may be making a statement , but not in their favor.
Stephanie has to watch the shoes, I agree she walks, as my mother would say, like a horse, not in a ladylike way at all which makes me think she doesn't have practice in heels.
She would have looked beautiful in the Valentino Princess Marie wore for her daughter's baptism a few days ago.:)

I may be in minority, but I really detest what she is wearing. The dress is too short for such an event, the jacket doesn't add anything to to the look and is pretty ugly, and the hat and heels aren't the best choices either. On a more positive note, great hairstyle and makeup.
Artemisia, I join in here - - not a good ensemble at all. But I do like her the way she wears her hair :)

I quite like her outfit from Princess Estelle christening. I think skirt was very short for that event but rest of outfit is ok. She looked nice.

I didn't like Countess Stephanie outfit at the christening.I dislike every single piece.
It's really too short for a church event.Call me,old fashioned but I find it silly when women wore shorts skirts for official and religious events.
Her shoes are ugly .I didn't see the video of her walking but I believe those who say that she doesn't walk gracefully.I wonder if any woman will work gracefully with those inelegant shoes.
I agree with those who say that the palace could have helped.
It was her first international event,I would have expected her to shine.
I hope she will do better next time.

Well Maria Teresa did try to help she loaned her the hat. Maybe, Stephanie likes her own style and chose to wear what she likes

I thought Stephanie looked sweet, youthful and rather elegant considering her ensemble was from the dreaded Natan. :ermm:

Was the entire outfit from Natan, or just the dress? Were the dress and jacket sold together as one ensemble by Natan? They don't seem to go together, so I'd be surprised.

Hi Lindy, I have no idea if each separate piece was Natan, or just the dress. I read on another fashion blog that said simply that her ensemble was by Natan.

July 16- Stephanie looked very pretty in this pink dress. I think it's a great color on her.

Pic

The dress itself IS very pretty but it was accessorized badly, imo. That neckline cannot take any competition, and Stephanie had at least two or three necklaces on.

She should have foregone the necklaces and stuck with some beautiful dangling earrings instead.

I think we should give this young woman some time to adjust herself to the international royal world. The Luxemburg princesses are not used to step into the world of royalty that much. Mostly it was the elder son and the parents who represent their country. This very young woman still has to learn a lot and create her own style. Did not many princesses to be fall into the fashion trap? Give her a year and than we can judge.

As for my part, I liked her outfit on the Christening of Princess Estelle. Not bad for her first entrance as representative of her country.

July 31, 2012 - Stéphanie de Lannoy during the olympics in a printed dress matched with a white jacket. Disappointing look, the print of the dress is hideous IMO and I also think its a bit too young for her.

ImageBam
ImageBam

I didn't care for it either.

LaRae

I like a simple white jacket but the print of the dress is awful.

Color is great but very unflattering.

New pictures of Stephanie - the dress is too big and makes her look pregnant I'm afraid. I dont have high hopes for the bridal dress!!!
Very matronly.

http://www.fondation-grand-ducale.l...ucale_Ch.Aschmann_plan-serrÚ_01_061_image.jpg
http://img1.imagilive.com/0912/480856d25dd9066306819b83ff407862.jpg

Well, she is still mourning. So what would you expect her during such a phase? IMHO this dress is perfectly acceptable given the current circumstances. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom