Royal ladies and their similar style - Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
more things in different colours used by letizia.

i don't really like this. it's nice when you see a princess that innovates a little bit and in some way goes "different" each day, but it seems that she says to the people she buys for "give me 4 of that purse/skirt/jacket in all the colours you have it"...

the same bag in different colours by letizia.

Attachments

• zzzzzzzn55.JPG
    zzzzzzzn55.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 469
  • 53049530.jpg
    53049530.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 460
carlota said:
i don't really like this. it's nice when you see a princess that innovates a little bit and in some way goes "different" each day, but it seems that she says to the people she buys for "give me 4 of that purse/skirt/jacket in all the colours you have it"...

Ultimately I think it depends/comes down to what kind of princess the people of Spain want and the kind of princess Letizia wants to be for the people of Spain. Not every princess need to be a clothes horse or a fashion plate.

It is obvious to me that having rooms upon rooms of clothes and wearing the latest designer fashions and owning 500 different purses is not Letizia's priority. Rather, it is to carry on the role of Princess of Asturias well -- something that I think she is doing very well.

So long as Letizia shows up for her royal engagements dressed appropriately and professionally, I personally do not mind that her style is repeated. The good thing about her clothes is because they are simple and tailored designs in neutral colours, her pieces mix and match easily and are relatively timeless. In two year's time, if Letizia shows up in a skirt she's worn to an engagement today, it will not be as noticeable. No one will be screaming out at her (or posting here for that matter) "That was so Prada's Summer 2005 collection, why is she wearing in winter of 2007?"

Not every princess needs to be a fashion plate. I would much prefer a princess who works hard at her job. (A good thing since "my" royals very much share this attitude: Queen Elizabeth II, Princess Anne and the Countess of Wessex frequently repeat their outfits.)

i have nothing against royals repeating outfits. in fact many royal women do it really well and it's practically unnoticeable. rania and maxima are ones of the best examples. but with letizia it's relatively easy to say she is repeating as she normally uses exactly the same complements with the outfits that she wore the last time. moreover, she has lots and lots of the same designs in different colours as i just gave proof. the time spent doing one of this suits and another more creative one would be the same and so would be the price....

carlota said:
moreover, she has lots and lots of the same designs in different colours as i just gave proof. the time spent doing one of this suits and another more creative one would be the same and so would be the price....

If you're getting a different suit how can the price necessarily be the same? :confused: It is not as if all suits are $156 and that it's up to you which suit you choose. And of course different styles of suits take different amounts of time to make -- they may be made in relatively the same amount of time, but not necessarily the exact amount of time.

If you look closely at her outfits, her separates such as her skirts and jackets, are very, very similar but they are not exactly the same. There is always a wee bit of modification or detail in them, whether it's a stripe, a change in the style of collar, how flared the skirt or jacket is, etc.

Queen Rania and Crown Princess Victoria wearing skirt/dress with same patterns.

Interesting find, I wonder who the designer is?

They look very similar indeed, but i think they're of different materials...I really thing the green dress really suited Princess Rosario ^^

Regarding Letizia.
I think she still, thankfully, chooses a "working womans" wardrobe. Her jackets, skirts, bags etc can be mixed & matched. It's refreshing to find a Crown Princess who isn't just a clothes horse.

probably the same ones from natan? maxima and mathilde also have similar wardrobes...

Queen Silvia and Crown Princess Mary wearing same Valentino shoes.
*pictures posted by Grandduchess

attachment.php

Queen Silvia,Queen Rania and Crown Princess wearing Prada coat.
*picture posted by GrandDuchess.
attachment.php

i think someone found that silvia and mathilde wire the same design on shues

The same blouse (though tied up in different manners), worn respectively by Princess Mathilde (November 2004) and Princess Máxima (October 2005).

By Natan: Mathilde / Máxima

Princess Astrid of belgium and Anna Wintour of American Vogue wearing the same Chanel dress and jacket (Gettyimages)

Larzen said:
Its not the same dress, nor is it the same designer. Just look at the previous page.

Marie Chantal and Mary in similar Prada clothes, Marie Chantal has the dress in blue, Mary the top in red
(aftenposten and gettyimages)

Duchess of York:eek: and Mary wearing same Alexander McQueen dress
Ukpress and Hello

that purple dress is really lovely...

Last edited by a moderator:
Larzen said:
Its not the same dress, nor is it the same designer. Just look at the previous page.

Marie Chantal and Mary in similar Prada clothes, Marie Chantal has the dress in blue, Mary the top in red
(aftenposten and gettyimages)

Duchess of York:eek: and Mary wearing same Alexander McQueen dress
Ukpress and Hello

but there is one BIG difference here ------the Dress looks horrible on Sarah:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
wymanda said:
Regarding Letizia.
I think she still, thankfully, chooses a "working womans" wardrobe. Her jackets, skirts, bags etc can be mixed & matched. It's refreshing to find a Crown Princess who isn't just a clothes horse.

The Princess of Asturias style is remarkably unremarkable. It's as if she still thinks she's a TV "talking head" and not crown princess of Spain. I'm all for not being a clothes horse, but c'mon, turn it up a notch! The last time she provided some "wow" was at the wedding of Crown Prince Frederick.

btsnyder said:
The Princess of Asturias style is remarkably unremarkable. It's as if she still thinks she's a TV "talking head" and not crown princess of Spain. I'm all for not being a clothes horse, but c'mon, turn it up a notch! The last time she provided some "wow" was at the wedding of Crown Prince Frederick.

To judge it is necessary to know, and seems that here there is known little how there works the Royal Spanish House.
The Queen Sofia always dresses in a discreet way, with simple suits of jacket and repeats very much her suits.
The Infanta Elena and the Infanta Cristina also repeat her suits. The Infanta Elena dresses more of international companies when she comes to wedding or important ceremonies, but for the normal acts she is in the habit of dressing simpler with suits of jacket.
The Princess of Asturias only has followed " the procedure of the house ".
To the Spanish society it would not like to have a Princess who spent thousands of euros in dresses and that one new every week released. Tremendously it would be criticized. She has chosen to go discreet, and elegant, because she does not interest to her that people pay attention to her dresses. Infant Elena is a different case, because his husband works with the owner of group LVMH and I imagine that that gives a better access him to certain models, but also has been criticized to use as much foreign design.
Each country and each Real House have its customs, many times the situation of the Spanish Real House is necessary to understand it within its historical context. As far as the customs, for the Spaniards, for example, itwould be strange and until ridiculous situation to see the Queen or the Princess always taking hat, whereas in other countries it is very normal.

lula said:
To judge it is necessary to know, and seems that here there is known little how there works the Royal Spanish House.
The Queen Sofia always dresses in a discreet way, with simple suits of jacket and repeats very much her suits.
The Infanta Elena and the Infanta Cristina also repeat her suits. The Infanta Elena dresses more of international companies when she comes to wedding or important ceremonies, but for the normal acts she is in the habit of dressing simpler with suits of jacket.
The Princess of Asturias only has followed " the procedure of the house ".
To the Spanish society it would not like to have a Princess who spent thousands of euros in dresses and that one new every week released. Tremendously it would be criticized. She has chosen to go discreet, and elegant, because she does not interest to her that people pay attention to her dresses. Infant Elena is a different case, because his husband works with the owner of group LVMH and I imagine that that gives a better access him to certain models, but also has been criticized to use as much foreign design.
Each country and each Real House have its customs, many times the situation of the Spanish Real House is necessary to understand it within its historical context. As far as the customs, for the Spaniards, for example, itwould be strange and until ridiculous situation to see the Queen or the Princess always taking hat, whereas in other countries it is very normal.

Lula: thanks for the lesson. I guess that someone like Crown Princess Pavlos wouldn't really fit in in the Spanish Royal family, then?

btsnyder said:
Lula: thanks for the lesson. I guess that someone like Crown Princess Pavlos wouldn't really fit in in the Spanish Royal family, then?

Sometimes the Spanish we are a bit complicated. We like to see them in the magazines, how we like to all seeing the designs of big tailors. We like to see the Infanta Elena with some of her spectacular models in the weddings.

But the Princess of Asturias is another matter, she has to gain the position, and demonstrate that she is capable of doing a serious work, that it is what ultimately matters for the people. In Spain almost nobody comments on the garment that the Queen takes every day, or if the same one repeats two times the same week ... it interests the people that she does well her work.
Initially the people were concentrating on her garments, but now the people every time notice less. And possibly it is what searches. She does not want to stand out for her clothes. The important thing is the act to which they come and not the protagonism of them. The big garments or the original designs are for the weddings or the gala dinners, not for day after day.

Probably with time she has more freedom and she dares more, but at the moment it is better than she continues maintaining a profile more discreet.

Larzen said:
I must say I prefer the blue version. The red stands too much out, in my opinion.

lula said:
But the Princess of Asturias is another matter, she has to gain the position, and demonstrate that she is capable of doing a serious work, that it is what ultimately matters for the people. In Spain almost nobody comments on the garment that the Queen takes every day, or if the same one repeats two times the same week ...

well I guess she's working on earning her position but I dont think that has to mean she can't show the tiniest hint of a personality in her clothing choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom