Royal Hairstyles Part 1: January 2009 - December 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think miche was saying she should. He / she (?) was probably referring to quite a few posts that mentioned the Catherine should take tips from Mary (whether the clothes or hair or something else). I was always surprised by those posts. Can't understand why people think Mary is better than Kate, and that what is seems when I read she should take notes from Mary. But the truth is, I have never seen anyone saying "Catherine should take pointers from Maxima, Victoria, Mette-Marit, Madeleine, Letizia etc...". It's always been Mary mentioned. Thus I think the reason miche mentioned Mary.
Kate is herself, she does not need notes or pointers from Mary or any other Princess, she is doing great job herself.

Sorry for the rant, but I don't like comparisons. Each Princess is beautiful in her own way, each has her own features and we should stick to that. Saying that someone should take note on wardrobe or clothes from someone else is to me like saying that other person is better. And that's not nice.

Thank you, that's exactly what I was referring too. I guess I should have use a " :rolleyes: " smiley after that sentence. Sarcasm fail on my part

Last edited:
the ''QUEEN'' of up-doos is definately Queen Silvia in her prime years, but she surprises me even sometimes now^^

each princess has their own style and fashion and thank god they're all diferent from each other but theres nothing wrong asking tips for something we are insecure about, even the most fashionable have hard time picking some clothes, acessories, hairstyles...sometimes. now from whom to ask? on stylists or someone mature and veteran on a particular hairstyle.

i would not mind AT ALL if all of them, including Kate and Mary were to ask tips for Queen Silvia's up-doos, she has the most hilarious to the most beautiful up-doos, but all original IMO.

either praise or complain on Kate's hair, it all lies in taste, her hair is beautiful, nice color and is healthy but she doesnt go for risks, when she does something diferent with it, even if its nothing special i go WEEE Amazing!!! because im not used to see her hair with a diferent kind of up-doo or other hairstyle.
like someone said, its just hair, it sometimes looks good and sometimes doesnt, Kate its not the only one to apply that, all the other princesses are included to praise and critisism **remenbering the awful alien up-doo from Mary on the last gala wedding**

Last edited:
the ''QUEEN'' of up-doos is definately Queen Silvia in her prime years, but she surprises me even sometimes now^^

each princess has their own style and fashion and thank god they're all diferent from each other but theres nothing wrong asking tips for something we are insecure about, even the most fashionable have hard time picking some clothes, acessories, hairstyles...sometimes. now from whom to ask? on stylists or someone mature and veteran on a particular hairstyle.

i would not mind AT ALL if all of them, including Kate and Mary were to ask tips for Queen Silvia's up-doos, she has the most hilarious to the most beautiful up-doos, but all original IMO.

either praise or complain on Kate's hair, it all lies in taste, her hair is beautiful, nice color and is healthy but she doesnt go for risks, when she does something diferent with it, even if its nothing special i go WEEE Amazing!!! because im not used to see her hair with a diferent kind of up-doo or other hairstyle.
like someone said, its just hair, it sometimes looks good and sometimes doesnt, Kate its not the only one to apply that, all the other princesses are included to praise and critisism **remenbering the awful alien up-doo from Mary on the last gala wedding**

But Kate does not seem to be insecure about her hair. So why the constant "she should ask Mary for tips on the hair" posts?

Kate may not be the only one that applies to, but she is the most criticized one for her hair for sure.

Kate may not be the only one that applies to, but she is the most criticized one for her hair for sure.
Catherine is also the most internationally famous of the bunch by a long shot.

But Kate does not seem to be insecure about her hair. So why the constant "she should ask Mary for tips on the hair" posts?

well, about that we dont know, i cant read someone's mind yet. i was just speaking in general that asking for tips is not that a big of deal.

as NGalitzine said, she is by far the most famous and popular overseas. the more you're known, the more people speak about you (either good things, either bad things)

I think Kate is obsessive about her hair. It appears to be her "hidey" place.

BTW, the filler/form used in updos or buns or chignons is called a "rat."

KittyAtlanta said:
I think Kate is obsessive about her hair. It appears to be her "hidey" place.

You really think so?
I do think that she is proud of her beautiful hair, and probably William loves it too. But I think that we here at the Forums are more obsessed with it than she is.

I think Kate is obsessive about her hair. It appears to be her "hidey" place . . .
You could be on to something there. Me? I just thought she was just incredibly vain in growing her hair ever longer and styling it first a la Farrah Fawcett and now in those big sausage curls. Unfortunately she more often looks like a picture of a child on an old chocolate box whose lost the obligatory big floppy satin ribbons. It seems like she was heading toward 30 and started frantically backpedaling and so we have little girl hair which seems to double as a place to hide. It all seems sort of desperate.

Now I wonder who called it a "rat" . . . had to be a man who'd never needed one or perhaps because he did . . . way back in the very old days!

Lets see, Kate , Mary, Letzia, and all the other Princesses have different parents. They all were raised in different countries. They all married different men. Now, why would anyone think they should be alike, or emulate each other. They are all individuals and should be liked and treasured for their own worth.

well, about that we dont know, i cant read someone's mind yet. i was just speaking in general that asking for tips is not that a big of deal.

as NGalitzine said, she is by far the most famous and popular overseas. the more you're known, the more people speak about you (either good things, either bad things)

I agree, we don't know, thus I said "Kate seems". Irony unnecessary. I would assume you can't read minds.

Last edited:
Hair. Every woman hates her own hair. Every woman wishes her hair were someone else's (and that someone, wishes, herself for better hair).

Why do we as females, have a need to snark at others' hair? Honestly- we get what we get - it is genetic, with a small boost from styling products.

We celebrate breast cancer issues in October. That takes awareness and depth of spirit.

If only we could apply that same depth of spirit to the HAIR issue and learn to give up meaningless obsession with hair (an issue most of us can do little but bend toward our will) and instead focus on things all of us can lend a hand: wellness, family violence, bullying, poverty,etc.

Just saying...

Mary without a doubt had the worst hairstyle at the Luxembourg wedding. Not sure what 'look' she was trying for but it failed IMO.

Catherine is also the most internationally famous of the bunch by a long shot.

True, but I was talking about the posters here. I agree, I should have been more precise.

Kate is as known by the posters here as any other Princess (if we can call that knowing) and yet, she still is the most criticized one for her hairstyle.

Lets see, Kate , Mary, Letzia, and all the other Princesses have different parents. They all were raised in different countries. They all married different men. Now, why would anyone think they should be alike, or emulate each other. They are all individuals and should be liked and treasured for their own worth.

Thank you, my point exactly. I really don't like when I see posts like "this one should be taking tips from that one" or "this one should borrow that one's stylist"... Let them all be themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
QUOTE=principessa;1475979]Mette-Marit at the gala dinner for Guillaume and Stéphanie.

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

The hairstyle is nothing special looks like "I-had-no-idea-and-no-time-to-contact-a-professional-hairdresser".[/QUOTE]

I'm so relieved to read this comment . . . I have been looking at the photos of Mette-Marit at the wedding of Guillaume and Stephanie and quite frankly I could not understand her hair style . . . :ermm: very strange. Actually it looks like a wig :lol:

Last edited:
QUOTE=principessa;1475979]Mette-Marit at the gala dinner for Guillaume and Stéphanie.

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

The hairstyle is nothing special looks like "I-had-no-idea-and-no-time-to-contact-a-professional-hairdresser".

I'm so relieved to read this comment . . . I have been looking at the photos of Mette-Marit at the wedding of Guillaume and Stephanie and quite frankly I could not understand her hair style . . . :ermm: very strange. Actually it looks like a wig :lol:[/QUOTE]

Mette Marit is a very attractive woman, but I (my opinion!) think she needs to stop the bleaching.

Hair. Every woman hates her own hair. Every woman wishes her hair were someone else's (and that someone, wishes, herself for better hair).

Why do we as females, have a need to snark at others' hair? Honestly- we get what we get - it is genetic, with a small boost from styling products.

We celebrate breast cancer issues in October. That takes awareness and depth of spirit.

If only we could apply that same depth of spirit to the HAIR issue and learn to give up meaningless obsession with hair (an issue most of us can do little but bend toward our will) and instead focus on things all of us can lend a hand: wellness, family violence, bullying, poverty,etc.

Just saying...

What a thoughtful and meaningful post!!! Thank you for showing me not to dwell on silly things, we all should be thankful for what we do have. Bravo:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
But it isn't a real fringe, is it? I mean, sure it was chopped off a bit on the sides but when I first heard she had gotten a fringe, I imagined an all-in, covering-the-forehead kind of thing, if you know what I mean :lol:
It looks decent on her, though I did prefer her hair before.

Victoria looks so regal. Kate just looks so...common.
if you dint the hair then fair enough but to make personal insulting comments is unnecessary.
I didn't read it as either personal or insulting but just another comment on "hair" and if that is the case I would say yes, Victoria's hair can look "regal" at a formal engagement whereas Katherine's hair is almost always the same.

We all moan, ad nauseum, about Victoria's annoying penchant for boring ponytails so I don't see the problem with moaning about Katherine's equally annoying penchant for floppsy, moppsy, little-girl curls.

Last edited:
Well if we were to ask 100 males which hairstyle they prefer, Victoria's ponytails and buns or Catherine's bangs and curls, I think I know the outcome.

Catherine's tiara days are ahead of her and there will be plenty of time for what are imo, boring up-dos.

Not really a fan of Catherine's new hairstyle. I don't think it suits her.

I'm not sure there's nothing new other than shorter front layers. Some folks were calling these bangs but they don't qualify as that when it's past your ears.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/11/28/article-2239669-164077F9000005DC-167_634x645.jpg

But Catherine's hair is getting pretty ridiculous to me. :bang: If she wants to keep all that hair, check the weather, get your hairstylist, and head out of the house in a ponytail or some other updo. I don't know how she stands it; when my hair was long, there were many a rat's nest after spending a day out in the wind. :cool:

I can't believe how much newpaper ink was wasted on a simple hairdo. Hardly earth shattering.

I can't believe how much newpaper ink was wasted on a simple hairdo. Hardly earth shattering.

Agree; if it had been an interesting - or even becoming - hairdo it might have warranted the interest. But this is just another variation of her usual little-girl-hair-all-over-the-face appearance.

Agree its not earth shattering but Catherine has a global presence and especially in North America, India and the United Kingdom, her hairstyles and sartorial choices are followed religiously.

it was not that a big of deal haircut and wasnt even a 'real bangs' if anyone knows what i mean, but its already taking the world by storm IMO
cant imagine the day if she cuts her hair short above her ears, because i think if that day arrives, then the world will be hit by a meteorite and vanish from the universe.

With regard to Kate's new hairstyle, I take "fringe" to mean "bangs" that fall over the forehead, whereas these are layers that frame her face. I think if Kate cut more of them throughout her hair, the side ones would incorporate for a better look overall. Maybe she'll get more adventurous in the future for a more sophisticated style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom