Queen Silvia's Fashion and Style Part 6: September 2017 - May 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 6 of the thread for Queen Silvia's Fashion and Style!

You can find the old thread here:

** Queen Silvia's Fashion and Style Part 5: July 2015 - September 2017 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Queen Silvia at the Theodor Wanner Award 2017 ceremony in Berlin, Germany, yesterday, September 26:

** Full view ** Upper part **

The dress is wonderful. I love the color.

Queen Silva looks wonderful in this dress and I love the draping around the neckline with the brooch at the shoulder. A very nice touch and the soft blue color is nice on her also, a perfect 10 for her.

I love the look. So very elegant.

Nice looks, but I prefer the first one. It seems to fit her better, in every aspect. The second one looks... a little busy? I don't know, but there's too much going on there for my taste.

The daytime outfit was very elegant,however the green shawl ruined the eveningtime gown.

She looks wonderful, I love the soft curling hair, the floral evening dress and the amythst pendant. Don't mind the green shawl.

The daytime suit was so elegant, chic and classy on her, just perfect. Now for the evening.....not sure, the gown seems very busy and why a green shawl for it does not go. This is a miss yet the jewels are wonderful on her.

Awful gown but the shawl is beautiful.

Great look. I love the cape/wrap, and the pants are great. Nice pop of red :flowers:

Have been thinking a bit of what Queen Silvia will wear for the Nobel Ceremony/Banquet this year. It has previously been said that she only wears gowns that has been worn on previous occasions (most likely state visits), but in my opinion that has not been the case the last years.

However, I have been thinking of what dresses she would reuse of the Nobel, I think there are some dresses that come to my mind. For example the dress from the King's 60th birthday gala dinner has not been seen since she wore it that. I would like to see it again, with the ruffles removed and with the Connaught or the Nine Prong together with the Bernadotte Emeralds.

Aslo, the dress from the King's 70th birthday dinner could be used. However, I would like to see a bigger gown on her for this occasion.

The gown from the state banquet in The Hague in 2007, during the state visit to The Netherlands, neither has this gown been seen, to what I know, since that banquet. From what I could see in the pictures it is a very majestic gown.

But, really, I would like to see something that would mean that she stops the altering between the Nine Prong and the Leuchtenberg Sapphires, and for instances brings out the Cameo tiara.

I love the look. Beautiful colors.

Queen Silvia at the Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation 100 years jubilee in Stockholm today, November 14:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Beautiful skirt but I don't like the look.

I like Silvia's top part, especially with that lovely pearl necklace but this top doesn't go very well with this voluminous red skirt (upper body looks narrow, while lower part more bulky). She still has very good and thick hair.

Last edited:
The top was lovely but looks hideous with the skirt, which does look like Madeleine's. It was much better with the original skirt.

Queen Silvia's Fashion and Style Part 6: September 2017 -

The collar and sleeves don't match Silvia's jacket which is otherwise gorgeous. She still looks good in it though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom