Queen Silvia's Fashion and Style Part 5: July 2015 - September 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the dress at the 80th birthday celebration. Pretty colours and I like the way the dress flows.

always elegant and beautiful
amazing dresses ?

I find the gown awful but the two suit are very beautiful.

I'm not a fan of the sparkles on Silvia's jacket as they're a bit much for me, but the suit is a great colour and looks good on her.

I want to like Silvia's dress, but it looks a bit messy to me. I don't like the scarf-come-belt or the frills below it as they're a bit unnecessary. The dress would have been lovely without them.

It is nice, but I think we have seen it one too many times during the spring.

The blue gown is awful and too young for her to me.

Queen Silvia at the wedding of Helena Christina Sommerlath and Ian Martin on Mallorca last weekend, recycling the blue dress she wore in Bayreuth, Germany, two weeks ago:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Queen Silvia has worn this dress too much this year, and it was totally wrong choice to a summer wedding on a warm day in Mallorca.

Queen Silvia has worn this dress too much this year, and it was totally wrong choice to a summer wedding on a warm day in Mallorca.

Totally agree! Feels like the only dress she has worn for white tie this year.

I agree with the other posters. This dress of Silvia's is best left for an evening event or a winter event IMO.

She has better dresses than the blue gown.

Since she debuted this dress on the eve of King Carl Gustaf's 70th birthday last year she has worn it on following occasions (what I know).

- King Carl XVI Gustaf's 70 birthday concert, 29th April 2016
- Formal gathering of the Swedish Academy, 20th December 2016
- Official dinner at the Royal Palace, 23rd March 2017
- King Harald and Queen Sonja's 80th birthday gala dinner, 9th May 2017
- Wedding of Victor Magnuson and Frida Bergström, 27th May 2017
- Concert in Bayreuth, 25th July 2017
- Wedding of Helena Christina Sommerlath and Ian Martin, 5th August 2017

Well, she has indeed got value for the money!

Silvia looks great; I particularly like her red jacket. That colour looks amazing on her.

She looks great in the red coat.

My eyes hurt every time I see queen Silvia in this outfit. The colour is just horrible in my opinion.

My eyes hurt every time I see queen Silvia in this outfit. The colour is just horrible in my opinion.

Absolutely correct on that color for it does nothing for her, to bright for her skin tone and makes her look shallow. Something soft and not so glaring would of been better. And I do not even like the cut of the suit, to matronly even for her age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom