Queen Silvia's Fashion and Style Part 5: July 2015 - September 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never was fond of that gown.

Seems like the gown she first wore on the eve of King Carl Gustaf's 70th birthday last year.

Silvia's top is nice but I'm not a fan of her trousers, as they look like pyjamas to me.

The pink suit was great. Summery but professional. Like her brooch. Best dressed of the three royal women there.

Today I like the top. Nice summery pattern. But pants look badly hemmed.

Queen Silvia looked really great in pink. Also loved her use of the brooch. She was indeed the best dressed of three royal ladies.
I also like her blouse and trousers she wore in Jakarta. Casual and comfortable, yet professional and beautiful. Also liked her hairdo. She still has wonderfully thick hair. And no grey in sigh ;)

I love how shes true to her own style while still being respectful to local views of propriety & modesty.

Photo from 8th May when Bagas Hapsoro, the Ambassador of Indonesia in Sweden, hosted a dinner for the king and queen before their state visit to Indonesia. Nice to see different colours on queen Silvia but I don't like this outfit at all.
http://www.dewimagazine.com/img/ima...f1ddc89970_0.jpg.pagespeed.ic.80AJzSBXqh.webp

I really like this lilac skirt, it flows nicely and has really beautiful color. The jacket's material looks too shiny for my taste and she needs better bra but seeing what others wore, then Silvia's outfit was well selected.

Last edited:
I really like this lilac skirt, it flows nicely and has really beautiful color. The jacket's material looks too shiny for my taste and she needs better bra but seeing what others wore, then Silvia's outfit was well selected.

I agree. :flowers: Good selection.

It's nice that queen Silvia seems to celebrate Finland (blue-white) already two days before she comes to Finland. This isn't her best outfits and this doesn't seem to be her best days. She looks tired and her hair looks sloppy.

She looks very elegant in the blue outfit.

Queen Silvia looks so elegant in her lilac blue outfit and I loved the brooch and unusual buttons on her jacket. Her hair were styled immaculately as always and I think this kind of hairstyle makes her look younger.

The queen looks great. The bright color suits her. I love the buttons :flowers:

Silvia and Victoria certainly stood out as best dressed for me at lunch.

She looks lovely. :flowers:

But the tiara looks odd, maybe angle of photo, looks like shrunk. Maybe just used to seeing it on her daughter.

Its very lovely dress but it seems to hang a little on her shoulders (has she lost weight or why she suddenly looks frail? Hope she's okay!).
The tiara was set further back, so it has lost some of its bigness.

Its very lovely dress but it seems to hang a little on her shoulders (has she lost weight or why she suddenly looks frail? Hope she's okay!).
The tiara was set further back, so it has lost some of its bigness.
She did break her shoulder in the winter of 2014/2015. Ive long been under the impression that it hasnt healed properly as is often the case with women that age.

It is a lovely dress, and nice to see it repeated. However, this look doesn't work for me, the collar of the order has a V-shape, which doesn't work with the neckline of the dress. And it all looks empty without a bigger necklace.

Silvia's blue suit was great, the colour was gorgeous and she looked very elegant.

Queen Silvia looks really great. Love the style and color of her outfit, beautiful brooch and lovely hairdo.

As always
Her style is perfect
She looks very good for her age and always is apropriate dressed

She looks wonderful today. A very regal look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom