Queen Silvia's Fashion and Style Part 5: July 2015 - September 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a fan. The dress is way too busy, and looks like a shapeless mumu. The beautiful sapphire necklace is lost against the overwhelming dress.

Very unflattering and shapeless,normally Queen Silvia looks very elegant at the Nobel Gala.

What a miss... Silvia generally looks good with anything, but this dress looks like a sack... or a nightgown...

It looks so heavy, and has no shape to it.

One of the most horrible dresses I've seen Silvia wear. Most ugly, she looks like really old and frail woman in this outfit.

"Oh christmas tree, oh christmas tree, how lovely are thy branches...." ;)

Last edited:
I think the dress itself is not a complete horror. But it is just so un-Silvia that I am aghast. :eek: There are other royal ladies on whom this would not be such a surprise/horror.

This is one of her worst gowns. The shape is unflattering and the design is too much. Disappointed in her choice.

I rather like it, myself.. and am reminded of Queen Mary. Grey and crimp the hair, and it's HER.
A gown that befits a mature Queen consort, suitably LADEN with jewels.

I actually quite like the dress. I just think the colour is all wrong for Silvia, it's too pale or something. She needs strong colours!

The dress was royal in every meaning but I feel Queen Silvia needs more structured gowns. It looked a bit too much a peignoir on Her Majesty. The Leuchtenberg Sapphire Parure came to help: she gave the Queen an utterly royal appearance, despite the chosen dress.

I like the dress but it drowns Queen Silvia and isn't right for her. Maybe if there had been a more defined waist it would have worked better. Also, she's been messing with her face again...

On a closer look, the details are not bad, but yeat, the queen was overwhelmed by that dress...

Now this is what we expect fro the queen. An elegant structured gown. Beautiful in red:flowers:

She always looks good in red. Don't like the tiara and prefer her in gowns with more volume but this is certainly much better than yesterday! Very beautiful looking queen!

Good to see queen Silvia using this lovely dress again. She looks much better than yesterday, red suits her.

The red gown is beautiful and very elegant.

King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia handed out Prince Eugen medals (art awards) during a ceremony at the Royal Palace today, December 12:

** belga gallery **

I like the gown. :flowers: An example of lighting and angle is all. This is an amazing gown that did not photograph well in the shots supplied. It must have been amazing in person (imo).

She looks very good in red. Shame that that kind of knot in the belly area is not flattering on her.

Queen Silvia lovely in blue during a meeting with German Chancellor Angela Merkel at the Royal Palace today, January 31:

** Full view ** Upper part **

I don't know how to classify that suit: is it blue? violet? XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom