Queen Silvia's Fashion and Style Part 4: April 2013 - July 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^You're right about the light. Dresses like this never look good in pictures, precisely because of the light.
Well, it isn't her best dress, that's for sure.

Silvia herself looks quite elegant and the colour of the dress is alright, but the sparkles are a bit much and makes it look like a glitter explosion or 'a dogs dinner' (perhaps this is a little harsh, but I couldn't find another more appropriate phrase to use here) IMO. I don't think the dress is deeply unattractive or ugly however, it's just not one of my favourites - she has worn better dresses, in other words.

11-18-14:

1 2 3 4

This gown is absolutely stunning. I am so glad she finally repeated it from the 2010 Nobel Prizes. The gown was especially amazing with the exquisite sapphire jewels. The color is so beautiful and a great timeless design. It's magnificent in it's simplicity. This gown is just regal and majestic.

Last edited:
My Mac won't let me see the files, IloveCP!! :(

Too many buttons but I like it... It's amazing how this family can recycle old outifits!

Queen Silvia on 20th November at the celebration of 25 years of the Convention on the Rights of the Child in UN Headquarters. Nice suit but I hate the big buttons.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Svensk Damtidning writes that the queen used this outfit for the first time at a state visit to Germany in 1993.
Silvia i samma plagg efter 21 år Svensk Damtidning

Well done to Silvia for using clothes 21 years after they were bought!

Well done to Silvia for using clothes 21 years after they were bought!

First: the Blazer is still somehow actual :)
Second: congratulations for being so well in shape, Your Majesty!
BYe Bine

Last edited:
Silvia looks wonderful and I love that shade of blue on her, though I have to agree with LadyFinn on the buttons. They're a little unnecessary IMO and look awkward and out of place.

The snake print gown is ugly, why would anyone think this gown is attractive.

And honestly, given her future DIL's nickname (and photos), I am quite shocked that she wore snake print.

Queen Silvia on 20th November at the celebration of 25 years of the Convention on the Rights of the Child in UN Headquarters. Nice suit but I hate the big buttons.

Svensk Damtidning writes that the queen used this outfit for the first time at a state visit to Germany in 1993.

I love the suit! It's a great color combination.

Lovely color, but way too many gold buttons!

Silvia also wore that suit for photos in the Bernadotte Library for official photos around 1993. The photos were included in the book Bilder ur Mitt Liv.

State visit to France:

1 2 3

I love the red coat, it's very elegant.

Love that red coat and the pillbox hat, in red with black tulle and it sits on her head perfectly. She is looking very elegant and chic today!

Love the jewels but never liked that gold outfit.

I believe that it is not a dress just a top and a skirt. She has worn the top numerous times with other skirts which is what makes me think it is separate.

State visit to France:

1 2 3

I love the red coat, it's very elegant.
Love both!

What do we want or expect the Queen to wear to the first Nobel evening? As she always uses a dress worn earlier could we just go back this thread and find what we want to see again or not to see again.

Maybe the gown from Crown Princess Victorias wedding or Princess Madeleines wedding

Last edited:
I would love to see her in something red with the big guns tiara, red looks so great with her dark hair and then ruby earrings....and a glass slipper.....:)

I would love to see her in something red with the big guns tiara, red looks so great with her dark hair and then ruby earrings....and a glass slipper.....:)

Red is lovely on the Queen, but I doubt it will be a red gown this year since it was red last year!

Last edited:
Does anybody recognize the suit that the Queen wore today in France? I do not remember seeing it before.

What do we want or expect the Queen to wear to the first Nobel evening? As she always uses a dress worn earlier could we just go back this thread and find what we want to see again or not to see again.

Maybe the gown from Crown Princess Victorias wedding or Princess Madeleines wedding

I highly doubt the Queen will ever repeat those gowns.

I highly doubt the Queen will ever repeat those gowns.

Hehe yes i think that you might be right. At least I don't think she will use the dress from Victorias wedding. And I kind of hope she don't use the own from Madeleines wedding, I don't really like that one...

Love it, even if she does look like an aquarium. Looked better with the hat.

The colour is wonderful on Silvia, though the fabric is a little too shiny for me and almost reminds me of Christmas wrapping paper.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Agreed- loved the color, but far too shiny!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom