Queen Silvia's Fashion and Style Part 4: April 2013 - July 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow what a gorgeous glittering festive birthday girl! Love the way it shows off her incredible figure.
Nice to see rubies on her, so glad she has been wearing red the past 3 appearances.

The colour is lovely (and I agree with Frelinghighness's comment about Silvia looking festive) and I like the fur coat. The only thing I don't like about the dress is it's material/texture.

I love the red on her, but I'm not loving this gown. The fit is not flattering and I don't care for the different color lining of the dress. She is always elegant, but this isn't her best.

The gown is just awful. The color is great but the style and the fabric is horrible and cheap looking in my opinion. Out of all the stunning gowns she owns, she had to pick this one for her birthday.

Last edited:
I agree the dress is a bit too Vegas IMO.

Does anyone have or know where I can find pictures of Silvia from the statevisit to Spain in 1983? I am looking for the red and white outfit but any outfit would be helpful!

Indeed they are!! Stunning pics. Thank you!

I'm not overly keen on the pink shawl, but other than that, Silvia looks lovely and that shade of pink suits her. She's very elegant.

She is always elegantly dressed. Love the shade of pink on her, but I'm not sure about the shawl..

Love the shade of Rose pink on Queen Silvia- even if at first it reminded me of Pepto-Bismol!:lol:
Love the pillbox too.

Last edited:
Agree with you Lady Finn..not sure what it is..the color or the fact that it is bit busy and clingy? A softer color maybe would have looked better. Is it a trouser outfit under all that lace as the bottom seems to be clinging to her legs??

Agree with you Lady Finn..not sure what it is..the color or the fact that it is bit busy and clingy? A softer color maybe would have looked better. Is it a trouser outfit under all that lace as the bottom seems to be clinging to her legs??

Looks like it to me. Love the color, Love the lace, but something is off. Think I would like it more, if it was styled more like a ball gown, and less like a trouser suit.

I'm with the others re this dress. Something just doesn't look right. Flawless hair and make-up, however!

I'm with the others re this dress. Something just doesn't look right. Flawless hair and make-up, however!

It's like the designer couldn't decide- Ballgown or trouser suit? It's like they started out thinking ballgown , changed their minds halfway through.
Looks thrown together.

I love the coat with the interesting detail. Can anyone ID the designer?

I'm not sure if I've commented on this one, but I like the outfit Silvia wore during her visit to Latvia. Is it a repeat from her birthday gala? I'm sure I've seen this outfit before.

Here's a full view of Silvia's lovely outfit today, just incase any of you were interested.

I'm just not liking this coat on her. It makes her look dumpy, and I don't like that it is shorter than her dress. Queen Silvia rarely makes a mistake, but this is one time she did imo. It lacks the smartness and elegance she usually has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom