Queen Silvia's Fashion and Style Part 4: April 2013 - July 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Silvia on 6th September at the Swedish Dementia Centre's fifth anniversary celebrations.
http://www.silviahemmet.se/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/SDC-5-år-001.jpg
Nice dress, but it doesn't look good on her. The front of the dress looks odd.
I have to agree. The color of the dress is very nice on the Queen, but the front looks as if she needs better undergarments. That's the best way that I can say it. From the waist down, fabulous, from the waist up, not so good.

I like the dress and think that Queen Silvia looks great :)

This has to be one of the first times that I have seen an ill-fitting dress on Silvia. Her clothes are always perfectly tailored. Love the shade of red on her.

Lovely dress but I don't like how it fits.

Flawless, as usual. A perfect example of how a queen should dress.

What an exquisite red suit! So classic and elegant.

I like the dress and think that Queen Silvia looks great :)

I agree... I love the color red on her and I like this dress on her. It is a little funky in the front but I like it anyway :)

As for the Dutch Visit outfit...
I love it! :) Such a Modern but Age Appropriate Suit! QS always looks fantastic! :)

I was so disappointed to see queen Silvia wear this dress. Since she was the only woman at the event, I was hoping she would wear something spectacular.
I didn't like the dress when she used it the day before Madeleine's wedding and I like it even less now. It looks cheap everyday dress and isn't festive enough to be worn at the Nobel ceremony and with a tiara. There is too much happening with the dress with different fabrics and frills. It is one of the ugliest dresses I have ever seen on queen Silvia. And on top of everything she wore the nine prong tiara again. Queen Silvia herself looks beautiful and happy though.

I was so disappointed to see queen Silvia wear this dress. Since she was the only woman at the event, I was hoping she would wear something spectacular.
I didn't like the dress when she used it the day before Madeleine's wedding and I like it even less now. It looks cheap everyday dress and isn't festive enough to be worn at the Nobel ceremony and with a tiara. There is too much happening with the dress with different fabrics and frills. It is one of the ugliest dresses I have ever seen on queen Silvia. And on top of everything she wore the nine prong tiara again. Queen Silvia herself looks beautiful and happy though.
Talk about a sour outlook on everything.

I love the color but I think the dress is awful. It looks cheap looking to me. I dislike the fabric and the style. It just too much. Disappointed by this Nobel Prize look from Silvia. The last time I thought one of her Nobel Prize gowns were awful was her red gown from 2007.

It's the many tiers to the gowns that put me off; otherwise the color is fantastic on her and I do like the bodice and sleeves.

Last edited:
The gown is okay and the color is wonderful on the queen. And of course the jewels are gorgeous.

She looks just wonderful! I love the dress and how anyone could think it looks cheap is beyond me???!! Beautiful tomato red, silk chiffon and embroidered silver beads. The fit is just perfect and accentuates her figure beautifully. The diamond riviere and earrings are just perfect, even the pronger looks good. Her hair is beautifully styled. Can't believe sh'es almost 70!!

It's often stated that the queen always reuses already worn gowns to the Nobel awards. This years dress I recognize from before but I am wondering if anybody knows if the emerald green one and the greyish lacy one both worn on previous nobel has been worn before and if so when and where?

I loove loove loove the dress
Bye Bine

She always looks so regal and elegant and this is no exception. Beautiful color and flattering fit. Queen Silvia has the best tiara hair styles, bar none. Lovely...

Love the dress. Stunning beyond words. Breathtaking. That color is divine on her

Well there may be too much happening in this dress but I love it on Queen Silvia! The colour is stunning and she looks absolutely breathtaking. She actually makes this dress look much better than it is.

Love the tiara hair as well. No one has that art down to a science like Silvia!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom