Queen Silvia's Fashion and Style Part 3: January 2012 - April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 3 of the thread for Queen Silvia's Fashion and Style!

You can find the old thread here:

** Queen Silvia's Fashion and Style Part 2: December 2009 - January 2012 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Lovely shade of pink in a similar lace overlay like Margrethe's. I like the elegant fishtail train.
Actually, the flower pattern of Queen Silvia’s gown worn to the concert for Queen Margrethe’s 40th jubilee is not a lace overlay, but what's called ‘faconné’ - a pattern standing out threedimensional from a sheer background.
In this case it's woven into the fabric which is made of silk and wool with a lurex thread. The fabric is by Valentino, design by Jacques Zehnder.

Another good full-length view of the gown without the jacket:
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Queen Slivia looked especially good in this rose color, IMO.

Thanks for the clarification about Silvia's dress, Boris. I think that's also known as embossed fabric; it really is a beautiful color as well.

I like both outfits.

It looks like that dress has been made for the elephant.
It's very pretty. Except I don't like the extra fabric on her hips.

Queen Silvia is absolutely stunning tonight, the jewellery goes really well with the dress she's wearing, especially the tiara.

both dresses are respeats she has worn them several times before
but when did she use them first time`?

the blue
state visit to the netheralnds 2009
second dinner for the nobel 2007
represention dinner at stockholm castle 2004
nobel 2005
State visit from Finland 2000?

the pink
state visit from Luxembourg 2008
represention dinner at stockholm castle 2005
nobel 2003
stete visit from germany 2003

Last edited:
I love the blue dress! She looks so regal.

What a gorgeous blue and she's wearing her massive diamond and sapphire tiara and necklace. From that angle, though, the gown does look somewhat bulky on her, but she looks beautiful with her beautiful tiara hair.

Is it just me who thinks that neckline is a tad low?

WOW WOW WOW
Queen Silvia was stunning in all outfits this weekend :), especially outfit from gala dinner .....all is perfect when comes Siliva's fashion ;).
Maybe at first have some doubt about black-white hat , but it is not that bad :)

Queen Silvia on day 2 of the throne anniversary celebrations of Queen Margrethe, January 15,
looking great in two different outfits, especially the gala dress looked wonderful on her again:

** Full view daytime outfit ** Full view 2 ** Full view gala dress **

Ah, good to see her in full glory again after that downright horrible outfit with the black and white hat. ;)

Daytime outfit is simply regal - no need for more words I guess.

The blue gala dress is beautiful and don't get me started on how much I adore the sapphire parure! Thumbs up!

With the exception of the black-and-hat, Queen Silvia's outfit in Denmark were well-chosen.

From MagMil,here is Silvia at an offical dinner:

Picture details

I love the dress! The color is stunning.She looks great.

:previous:
I also loved the dress and Queen Silvia looks stunning :)

Actually, the flower pattern of Queen Silvia’s gown worn to the concert for Queen Margrethe’s 40th jubilee is not a lace overlay, but what's called ‘faconné’ - a pattern standing out threedimensional from a sheer background.
In this case it's woven into the fabric which is made of silk and wool with a lurex thread. The fabric is by Valentino, design by Jacques Zehnder.

Another good full-length view of the gown without the jacket:
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

This one is truly lovely, I like the pattern a lot!!

It's the color and cut of this evening gown I love so much on Queen Silvia! Great neckline, and tailored skirt!

Queen Silvia looks absolutely exquisite here. The rich pink shade of her gown is a definitely a very good colour for her. The cut and design is so very elegant and it suits her perfectly. The short train adds a lovely touch to the overall look. One can immediately see from the photograph that Queen Silvia feels both radiant and confident.

Last edited:
What a lovely style and color; even the lining of the gown is beautiful. I don't care too much for the Nine-Prong Tiara, but it looks lovely on her always well-coiffed tiara hair.

Love this dress. The color is divine!

That is a gorgeous color. They are such a good looking couple!

She looks splendid in this lilac gown, the top part in particular is amazing!!! :wub:

Wow she looks slender and beautiful! Haven't seen her looking like this in a very long time.

Slivia looks very Chanel-esque to me here, and bubbling over with joy!

Queen Silvia yesterday at Te Deum held in honour the birth of the little princess
http://svenskdam.se/wp-content/gallery/te-deum-2012/silvia.jpg
http://www.kungahuset.se/images/18..../120224+KFAM+Fam+Westling+foto+kungahuset.jpg
She looks so happy to be a grandmother that she would have looked good in any outfit. This outfit is not my favourite, especially the hat is not to my taste.

I would've loved her outfit if it wasn't for the hat. With the hat, she looks like an air hostess.

A very radiant and elegant grandmother! She looks fantastic!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom