Queen Silvia's Fashion and Style Part 3: January 2012 - April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like plum to me too. I think she looks very nice.

I thought that the white-ish tights stood out too much (but not as bad as with QM), apart from that an elegant and nice suit.

I love the color but not the style of it.

Last edited:
Queen Silvia chose a white and dark blue ensemble for the dinner hosted by the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall.
- Full view 1
- Full view 2

Definitely not my favourite evening dress of the Queen.

Last edited:
Queen Silvia chose a white and dark blue ensemble for the dinner hosted by the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall.
- Full view 1
- Full view 2

Mine either. The colours are nice but there is too much going on with the top.

- Full view 1
- Full view 2

:previous:
I like it :flowers:, but also remember that she is still in mourning for Count Carl Johan Bernadotte. I think because of that, the King today was wear black suit and black tie and the Queen dark purple/blue suit :)

Queen Silvia wore a gorgeous purple suit for today's Lunch with Monarchs.
I love the suit (especially the colour), and the accessories are very well chosen as well.
- Full view
- Side view
If I remember correctly, the suit is a Carolina Herrera design.

I'm not too fond of the choice of dark blue blouse and white skirt at night either; but as pointed out by MagMil, she has to consider for her outfits to still signal half-mourning on this occasion.
The white skirt is the same worn for the welcome banquet during the Finnish President's state visit to Sweden a few weeks ago.

I think she should have worn white shoes with the gown and while I like the navy and white combination, the top seems too big and fussy on her. But the jewels are magnificent, especially that diamond-shaped brooch.

The color is good and the top is very interesting, but I'm not quite sure that I care for it. I've seen much better from Queen Silvia (also seem much worse too).

The blue top of the dress is way too much!

Q Silvia is IMO on of the best dressed royals so I was very disappointed in both outfits today. The suit looked ill fitting and not flattering. The evening dress could have been saved possibly by a slimmer look on bottom. Both looks made QS look much heavier than she is, very slim.

:previous: I, too, am a little disappointed as Silvia usually dresses much better. She looked nice, but thats all, at the luncheon. For the dinner...oh, dear.

The suit worn to the lunch was a bit too dark IMO for the event though it was elegant.

See my post #157 :flowers:

Thank you! :)
Very true, I didn't think of that.

For the evening, I don't like the combo of white and black but nevertheless she looked good. Its not easy to look good in black and white.

I liked it. Reminds me of a "Chanel" look.

MagMil said:
She is wearing Channel coat :) And She looks beautiful in black and white combination.I like the hat:):flowers:

She always looks elegant and appropriate. She could teach a few people!

What a glorious hat, so suitable for Ascot, although her hair looked somewhat flat. And that color combination is very classic and elegant; the wrap over the suit gives it such panache.

Last edited:
She looks so elegant! I absolutely love the hat!

She looked very. very elegant today and the hat was gorgeous

Queen Silvia at the christening of her granddaughter today, May 22, looking fantastic in a wonderful
combination in a similar colour like CP Victoria has chosen:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

As usual she outclasses everyone. She looks FANSTASTIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom