Queen Silvia's Fashion and Style Part 2: December 2009 - January 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks okay. I don't like the flower on one side of the blouse. It looks tacky. The clutch is fab though.

Very clever of Silvia to wear black trousers to camouflage her leg brace a bit. ;)

Love , love all her outfits but the arrival suit. Like the color but not on that suit.
Both evening dresses are so flattering, the museum tweedy jacket is gorgeous, as is her smile.

Love the royal blue dress on the Queen. The lilac colored dress was good, just not one of my favorites. I'm thinking that she's made another trip to Brazil (I think that's where I read she goes) recently.

I love this outfit, sometimes this color can wash you out but Queen Silvia looks really beautiful!!

She looks very dapper. The necklace gives this outfit the classy touch. Nice!

Queen Silvia looks fabulous! The outfit is outstanding and she looks refreshed and as always in great shape for a woman of her years. The color is perfect for her.

Queen Silvia at the concert for her World Childhood Foundation in Rio de Janeiro last night - a new 1980s retro style cocktail dress which IMHO would have looked better in full length, but the mulberry color shade is great:

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

On this link Glamurama - Joyce Pascowitch you can see the handbag Queen Silvia was carrying at her interview about Childhood Foundation and on this http://siterg.ig.com.br/news/2011/05/16/rainha-silvia-da-suecia-no-rio/ her shoes.
Here you can see a small vídeo on Queen Silvia visiting an art school sponsored by her Childhood Foundation in Rio. G1 Rio de Janeiro - Vídeos - Rainha Silvia da Suécia visita instituição para crianças em Vila Isabel
She is wearing nice white pants and a brick colored shirt/jacket.

More pictures of her at the concert last night Blog da Hildegard Angel » Rainha da Suécia vem ao Brasil defender as crianças, em noite no Municipal

Last edited:

Queen Silvia at the last day in Monaco on July 3rd, wearing a costume with black and white stripes.
A look not every woman could wear, but on her it looks great I think.

** Pic **

Queen Silva is always elegant in dressing and in manners.She realy understands what is noblesse oblige. All the non-royal born wives have a lot to learn from her, Charlène in particular. The Swedish people must be very proud of her.

Thank you very much Iceflower for the pic of Queen Silvia from Day 3 in Monaco – bold and crisp, I like it.

Close up of the dress worn to the wedding – gorgeous color:

Different views of the tiered chiffon gown in electric blue at the wedding gala:
Full length
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/717/newscompacificphotos610.jpg/http://www.daylife.com/photo/0cIu6e5a9N2FT?q=queen+silvia

Close up – note the matching crystal purse:

Last edited by a moderator:
In all outfits in Monaco , Queen Silvia looks gorgeous, like always :)
I especially like the black-white dress from July 3rd :flowers:

I thought she looked beautiful with all three outfits. Great choices.

Last edited by a moderator:

Queen Silvia at the last day in Monaco on July 3rd, wearing a costume with black and white stripes.
A look not every woman could wear, but on her it looks great I think.

** Pic **

Not liking all the stripes (too much) it makes me kinda dizzy.
The electric blue dress was nice.

Ugly dress!The jacket does not help!

Don't like this dress. The contrast between the black and pink is to big!

Its a dress Joan Collins would have worn in Dynasty in 1981 ... 30 years later on a Queen it looks just awful.

Unfortunately, I have to agree - this new dress is perhaps the worst in evening wear which I've ever seen on Queen Silvia.
Glitter glue fabric, a kind of tartan pattern in too many colors, draped diagonally on the bodice, and are there bows on the shoulders? A total mistake, indeed very 'Dynasty', and made worse by the unappealing wrap which looks like it's made of glass wool.
I hope she buries this outfit so deep in her closet that it will mercifully never be seen again.

Certainly not the best evening gown I have seen but Queen Silvia seems to "pull it off" remarkably well. The bright blue and pink serise stripes are possibly too harsh against the black but the "overall" look is not that bad. Her hair is beautifully done and the necklace is so very elegant. Queen Silvia just portrays a happy and confident royal.

Last edited:
Jippers where on this planet did she get that dress from, its just nasty!

I also don't like this dress. Queen Silvia doesn't look good in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom